Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 01-16-11, 11:53 AM   #126
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Alabama non-resident can be purchased on-line. I purchase mine on-line whenever possible. Easy and I have it when I arrive.
https://www.alabamainteractive.org/d...welcome.action
It's not cheap if you're only fishing a couple days, but most non-resident fees aren't.
I'll at least get 16 or 17 days worth out of my non-resident Alabama license this year.
Like a lot of guys, I buy 4 or 5 fishing licenses/permits every year, and it gets to be an expensive part of fishing. Note - Alabama fishing license runs Sept - Aug, unlike most states that run annual (Jan - Dec.)
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 12:00 PM   #127
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Tennessee fishing license information can be found here.

Alabama fishing license information can be found here.

Both can be purchased online.

Be careful with these purchases, as Tennesse's license year starts and ends in February; i.e. if you bought it today, it would not be good for May.

Alabama is the same way, except the year starts and ends in August.

LOL.....Boogie and I think alike...he beat me to it.
Old 01-16-11, 12:17 PM   #128
keithdog

So are we going to need a licence for both TN and AL? Some states recognize the other states licence when your fishing bodies of water that boarder both states.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 12:47 PM   #129
nofearengineer

Alabama should most people fine...I just know there are a few of us who are thinking about Pickwick...and part of that is in Tennessee.
Old 01-16-11, 02:44 PM   #130
MississippiBoy

Actually, Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee have reciprocal license agreements for Pickwick. I'm trying to find an exact map of the limits on the license agreements, but haven't been able to find one yet. From what I understand so far, you're ok with an Alabama license all the way into Tennessee up to the upper Pickwick Dam. I'll try to verify that.
Old 01-16-11, 10:11 PM   #131
keithdog

Ok, talked things over with the wife and looks like I'll be comming down just myself this time. She talked me into taking a weeks vacation that week so I can stay the entire time. Now I have to clear that with my boss to make sure I can get the time off which I'm sure will not be a problem. So now when it comes to reserving a cabin to stay in, do I just call the park and ask to be put in one of the cabins reserved for Herbet Moore and Bassfishin.com? And if so, how do I know which cabin I should select?
Old 01-16-11, 10:47 PM   #132
bamabassman

ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! BUT WHY WON'T SHE COME AS WELL? TELL HER THAT THERE ARE A lot OF OTHER THINGS TO DO BESIDES FISHING. SHE CAN SHOP, LAY OUT BY THE POOL...SLEEP TILL NOON TOO. LOL. please ask her to come. PLEASE?

and yes, jsut talk to ms KELLY. don't say bassfishin.com. say BF.COM. she got confused when i said bassfishin.com.

ms kelly is at the LODGE desk. but she can book you in a cabin as well.
Old 01-16-11, 11:47 PM   #133
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! BUT WHY WON'T SHE COME AS WELL? TELL HER THAT THERE ARE A lot OF OTHER THINGS TO DO BESIDES FISHING. SHE CAN SHOP, LAY OUT BY THE POOL...SLEEP TILL NOON TOO. LOL. please ask her to come. PLEASE?

and yes, jsut talk to ms KELLY. don't say bassfishin.com. say BF.COM. she got confused when i said bassfishin.com.

ms kelly is at the LODGE desk. but she can book you in a cabin as well.
I'll see what I can do Bama, and thanks for the info. I'd be arriving sometime on the 18th in the afternoon and leaving sunday morning. She thought about comming with me but feels I'd enjoy a chance to just be with the guys and be a guy for a few days. lol Thats how she put it. Gotta admit it's good being married to a gal with that kind of attitude.
Old 01-16-11, 11:51 PM   #134
bamabassman

well you tell her that my wife is gonna be there and needs COMPANY!! plus ZOOKERS mom and sister will be there too. it is nice of her to htink like that. but as i have said form the beinning. i want this to become a FAMILY event,not just the guys.
Old 01-17-11, 12:00 AM   #135
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
well you tell her that my wife is gonna be there and needs COMPANY!! plus ZOOKERS mom and sister will be there too. it is nice of her to htink like that. but as i have said form the beinning. i want this to become a FAMILY event,not just the guys.
I'll remind her buddy. Thanks again.
Old 01-17-11, 07:40 AM   #136
bassboogieman

Sent IM Keith.
Old 01-17-11, 09:35 PM   #137
WTL

I think the side imaging will be super helpful, in fact nofear, I'd like to fish with you a day if you have the room just so I can see what a few areas look like. Lots of ledges and structure that I am thinking about, including the remnants of an old prereservoir canal that was meant to bypass the dangerous shoals that used to exist all along the river.

Unless you are planning on stopping in tennessee on the way down, you shouldn't need a license. The first 40 or so miles of pickwick are all in alabama. I think is a sure thing that at least 1, maybe 2 days we are gonna hit pickwick up hard, the dam area, sevenmile island, coffee lake, hell I've been thinking about waterloo but thats a haul.

I recomend bringing extra deep cycle batteries if yall can. In my case, I am going to be nightfishing some days, and in that case I think I am gonna need a battery on a charger at all times to keep up with my power usage.

I hope there is a mayfly hatch going on, but it might be a little early. Normally a june into july thing.
Old 01-17-11, 09:39 PM   #138
bamabassman

i am bringing 2 chargers billy. and some extra cords too.
Old 01-17-11, 11:48 PM   #139
nofearengineer

I'm bringing a couple of spare chargers, and maybe a spare battery or two.
Old 01-18-11, 07:19 AM   #140
bassboogieman

Don't forget the spare twinkies...............
I got the confirmation for the five cabins today (Jan 18th). John & Bryce - you each have a confirmation in your names for the cabins you reserved. I can PM the info to you or if you have access to a FAX I can fax it to you. If, you think it would be better to hold off on "your" paperwork until closer I can do that too. If you do not have access to a FAX I can mail you a copy, mid-April, after everything is final (or pretty darn close) as to who's staying with who in what cabin. Hopefully we won't be rearranging too much, but should that be necessary it might involve some changes in the actual reservations that I now hold in my hand. John, as for Mrs Dickerson, are you a relatively close disitance? If she took the other 1 BR, and I pretty sure that's what she did, I can send her's with your's, or IM me with a mailing address and I can send it along to her. Doesn't have to be right away, have plenty of time. If I am mailing them out I would like to hold off, as I mentioned, to about mid-April to do that, if that's ok with those that have made the reservations. Thanks fellas.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-18-11 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-18-11, 07:43 PM   #141
bamabassman

boogieman, send me mine pal. mrs. dickerson live sin DENTON, NC. i'll get her address and pm it to ya bud. i am IN, can't cahnge it no matter what now. rain, sleet, snow, tornado, earthquake.....i am THERE!
Old 01-18-11, 09:42 PM   #142
nofearengineer

I'm confused, Boogie.....I thought the lady was going to mail me something. Let's give it a few days, and maybe I'll receive something in the mail.
Old 01-19-11, 02:17 PM   #143
WTL

Adding to the information... apparently we are getting a full moon May 17th, so, get ready, bring some night lights, cause this is setting up pretty close to perfect. If we get a mayfly hatch, it will be perfect...probably only 2 weeks too early...

Still, this is gonna be huge.
Old 01-19-11, 02:45 PM   #144
nofearengineer

You'll have to give me some more details about how the lunar phase and the mayflies affect us, WTL. Btw, you're welcome to fish with me any time. As it is right now, I don't have anybody lined up for sure coming with me.
Old 01-19-11, 03:58 PM   #145
MississippiBoy

Ok, folks, it looks like my schedule is going to free up to where I can come, too. Nothing 100% definite, but maybe 70%-80%.
My wife may or may not come, so we can't nail down the lodging arrangements till she decides. If she doesn't come, I can stay wherever with whomever. If she does come, we'll have to think about it a little more. Also, I'm bringing my boat, so there will be room for at least one more person to ride with me.
I'll make reservations and post on the "official reservations" thread when we finalize our plans. I'm looking forward to this already...5 months is going to drag by slooooooooooowly.......
Old 01-19-11, 04:25 PM   #146
WTL

I'll fish with you at least 1 day Nofear.

The full moon mainly means to me that there will be bright nights for nightfishing. How it affects the bass, is a guess at best. Kinda like the solunar tables, some people buy those and some dont.

The mayflies - which are unlikely- would be huge hatches along the banks, flies so numerous it looks like fog. Almost every species of fish will line the banks and devour fly poppers or topwater when a hatch is going on. Big time bream fishing especially, but smallmouth too. Tons of fun.
Old 01-19-11, 05:07 PM   #147
bassboogieman

I don't fish at night, even with a full moon. I have very poor night vision (aka - "old man's vision). Besides that, I'm scared chitless to run at night, not due to fear of collision with another boat, but fear of hitting something floating in the water - like a log. I leave night fishing to younger, braver men. I'm tied up at the dock or on the trailer right after sunset, headed for the porch for a cold one and a cigar.

Just a little side note: B.A.S.S. Elite Series final tournament of the year is on Wheeler June 15th. May see a few wrapped boats there pre-fishing. I don't know the Elite Series rules about off limits, but there may be a few of the big guns there. Keep an eye peeled. I've seen a few pre-fishing the Potomac prior to B.A.S.S. tournaments there, a few weeks prior to the event.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-19-11 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-19-11, 06:50 PM   #148
nofearengineer

Boogie...night fishing is a fabulous time if you can keep your night vision. Investing in good low-level lighting is essential! All it takes is one accidental bright flashlight to the face, and you're out of commision for another 15-30 minutes.

I'm not sure what you mean by "running at night." Most states, if not all have laws restricting water craft to idle speed after sundown. Lord knows, I wouldn't even think of getting up on plane at night, except in some dire life-threatening emergency.
Old 01-19-11, 11:44 PM   #149
bassboogieman

Running on plane is what I'm talking about, seen it on many of the bigger lakes and it scares the chit outta me. I need light to see anything, and as you said once the flashlight is on, I'm done when it goes off. The dang stern light will kill my vision should I glance toward the rear of the boat. Old age SUCKS.

On another, more importnat note - how does the chat room work? Can we get some time and get on there to discuss the accomadations in real time? I am beginning to see some problems - matching people to what I've already reserved for the group. Length of stay and matching guys up is getting to be much more difficult than I originally anticipated. As of now, with 4 of the 5 cabins "taken/reserved" however you want to say it - we are about out of room. Either we need to make some adjustments and get individuals matched up in units for compatible lengths of stay, or get more cabins - IF they are available. More cabins may mean we spilt the group (over the grounds) more than we are now - I don't have any idea of what is available and where. The 3 BR doesn't seem to have much appeal, I could cancel it and see if I can add 2 or 3 singles. Or, I can cancel that one, we keep the other 4 as reserved, and anyone comming in after this week can make their own reservations as they see fit. That poses the problem of us being spread over the entire cabin site, possibly, but I really have no idea. Couples (NO offense intended) are also something I didn't really consider, probably should have - they deserve their privacy, I can't see any alternative to couples having their own cabin, and most likely a 1 BR cabin. Suggestions guys? We have a lot of interest, and it's comming together, but thinking from my point of view, I really expected anyone traveling from any distance would take a week, that isn't what's happening as most are falling in the 4 day catagory. And I didn't think about the couple/privacy issue. Counting Mrs Dickerson in the "couple" catagory we have two definite couples in 1 BR cabins, one for 4 days the other for 3. A very possible additional couple is planning on 4+/- days - they need a cabin - and another 1 BR is NOT available at this time. Any additional "couples' and we definitely need more 1 BR cabins, or other adjustments. My head is spinning at the possiblities but it needs to be discussed in real time, if possible, rather than hashing it out repeatedly between specific individuals so we're close to being on the same page. Help me, or rather help the group resolve this issue in the best interests of all concerned and either let me know or better yet, let's hit the chat room and bat it around.
Heard from Anthony tonight and he's planning on comming for 4 days with his dad and would prefer his own 1 BR cabin - which we do not have with the current block of cabins/reservations. I'm going to have a double martini..................... We could still make this work with what we have already blocked out but it will mean rearranging some of the current plans and that may not be suitable to those involved, and agian I have NO problems with those that do not wish to alter their current arrangements, we then have to look at other options. But not knowing everyone's take on this subject, it's only more difficult looking ahead, especially not knowing who is going to decide to join us in the next couple of months.
Chat, Chat and double Chat. If we have 6 to 8 additional individuals (over those that have already declared their intentions), then we definitely need to get more cabins reserved - does anyone have any indication of additional possible attendees? I hear a second double Belvedere calling my name, screw the olives. Talk to y'all later.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-20-11 at 12:01 AM.
Old 01-19-11, 11:51 PM   #150
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post

Just a little side note: B.A.S.S. Elite Series final tournament of the year is on Wheeler June 15th. May see a few wrapped boats there pre-fishing. I don't know the Elite Series rules about off limits, but there may be a few of the big guns there. Keep an eye peeled. I've seen a few pre-fishing the Potomac prior to B.A.S.S. tournaments there, a few weeks prior to the event.
Cool, I'm wanting to put the whoop a** on VanDam and give him a little something to remember. Woot Woot

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.