Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 01-19-11, 10:28 AM   #1
Todd Driscoll
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Lowrance Pro Staff officially here on BassFishin.com

Lowrance/Navico put together a national forum-monitoring team approximately 8 months ago to provide advice, troubleshooting, unit operation/setup, etc. We have been expanding the number of sites we monitor, and that number is now over 30. I will now be here under Bass Boats, Trailers and Setups for all-around Lowrance support and questions. This is part of Lowrance/Navico's ongoing effort to maximize customer service.
Old 01-19-11, 11:39 AM   #2
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome Todd! This is a great step forward for Lowrance after the whole Linda Colt thing.

Glad you are here.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 01:40 PM   #3
bassboogieman

I hate beatihg a dead horse, so I'll just say this is a step in the right direction. Making yourself (and Lowrance) accessible via the various bass boat websites - GOOD MOVE! Welcome aboard Todd.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 02:26 PM   #4
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIbasser View Post
Welcome Todd! This is a great step forward for Lowrance after the whole Linda Colt thing.

Glad you are here.
Not trying to beat a dead horse either, but when I bought my new unit last fall - that was the whole reason I bought a Hummingbird.

Glad to see you here Todd. Maybe someday Lowrance will be an option again.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 02:56 PM   #5
Todd Driscoll
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks guys for the welcome. Here to help all I can.
Old 01-19-11, 03:36 PM   #6
everettvet

Welcome to the forum. I hope that you will not limit your input to electronics only. There are plenty of good discussions about a lot of different subjects on this forum and some of them even have to do with fishing!
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 03:42 PM   #7
jasonfish320

Todd, hopefully you can turn the customer service department around over there..best of luck! All I can say is that many of the teams I fish with and against have made the jump to Humminbird..including myself. Quality customer service is what I believe is going to be key for companies who want to survive and prosper thru this economy. When you call Humminbird an actual person picks up the phone and I've never spent more than an hour trying to resolve an issue with them. It will take a lot for me to return to Lowrance after my dealings with service after the purchase, no offense to you personally just giving my honest assessment. And yes, the Linda Colt thing really put a nail in the coffin for A LOT of anglers. Again, no offense and welcome to the site..this is one of my favorite forums and you won't find a better crowd.
Old 01-19-11, 07:53 PM   #8
CMorg

Welcome. I am in the market for a side imaging unit. I have talked to a few people that own them , and they both recommended Humminbird because of the customer support. If I buy a Lowrance and it has any issues , are you going to help me get it fixed , or issue resolved ? I still havent bought one...
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 08:32 PM   #9
BassMoJo

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

I like it.............
Old 01-19-11, 08:52 PM   #10
Todd Driscoll
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
Welcome. I am in the market for a side imaging unit. I have talked to a few people that own them , and they both recommended Humminbird because of the customer support. If I buy a Lowrance and it has any issues , are you going to help me get it fixed , or issue resolved ? I still havent bought one...
There were certainly some issues with Lowrance CS going back 9 months or more ago. Major changes have occurred since then, with addition of our 4-person blog-monitoring team and creation of more CS positions. Hold times for CS were the most common complaint. For the last several months, average CS call-in wait times have averaged less than 5 minutes.

The short answer to your question is yes, I am here to help in any way possible. If problems require a replacement unit, then I would have you contact CS. Also understand that I do have the ability to communicate directly with CS supervisors on customers' behalf to resolve unusual problems.

Last edited by Todd Driscoll; 01-19-11 at 10:43 PM.
Todd Driscoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 09:36 PM   #11
CMorg

Wow , well I certainly have some decisions to make before spring..
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 11:36 PM   #12
everettvet

Todd, I have been thinking about how much the members of the site can learn from you. Is it possible for you to post pictures of structure scan images to help us learn how to read them? I think this would be great for the people with both brands of electronics. Thanks.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-11, 10:42 AM   #13
Todd Driscoll
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everettvet View Post
Todd, I have been thinking about how much the members of the site can learn from you. Is it possible for you to post pictures of structure scan images to help us learn how to read them? I think this would be great for the people with both brands of electronics. Thanks.
I will do some of that personally. In fact, I will follow this up with a new post of a downscan shot of a bass school. But what I really encourage is for all you members to take your own screenshots, and post to inform or ask questions about the image. There are numerous internet sites out there that specialize in just images/interpretation, and we just can't do that on every bass forum on the net.
Old 01-21-11, 08:43 PM   #14
SaminVa
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i'm very interested...I have a low$$ unit now & am thinking of upgrading to a SI or downscan in the future & want to get informed... both on what Lowrance & H-bird has.
SaminVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 09:55 AM   #15
Todd Driscoll
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaminVa View Post
i'm very interested...I have a low$$ unit now & am thinking of upgrading to a SI or downscan in the future & want to get informed... both on what Lowrance & H-bird has.
Sam, we have stand-alone Mark/Elite Downscan units, and our HDS lineup (5,7,8,and 10) are fully networkable with NMEA 2000 and Ethernet, and of course with StructureScan you have both sidescan and downscan. Go to lowrance.com to see specs and details. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Old 01-23-11, 12:26 PM   #16
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

todd, i have an older model lowrance, it has gps capaablity. could you possibly hook me later on with the unit for it? i don't have it in front of me right now. but i can get the numbers for you later on. jsut wondering if ya'll stock later model gps units.
Old 01-23-11, 04:56 PM   #17
Todd Driscoll
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
todd, i have an older model lowrance, it has gps capaablity. could you possibly hook me later on with the unit for it? i don't have it in front of me right now. but i can get the numbers for you later on. jsut wondering if ya'll stock later model gps units.
Are you looking for the antenna for the GPS? If so, yes I need the unit model number to know which one you need. However, Lowrance is now only making the LGC-4000 antenna. Used antennas can be found by searching the net, Ebay, etc.
Old 01-23-11, 09:51 PM   #18
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ok, thanks todd. like i said, i'll look at it when we "thaw" out,lol. but i will be in contact with you on it. thanks again man.
Old 01-27-11, 07:23 AM   #19
SaminVa

Todd, looking for something similar to the Humminbird 798 ci SI..what models do you have that are comparable.. TY, Sam
SaminVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 10:54 AM   #20
Todd Driscoll
BassFishin.Com Member

Sam, we have the HDS 5, 7, 8, and 10 - all fully compatible with StructureScan side and down imaging. Rather that list all the specs here, go to link below for details. Let me know if you have any detailed questions.

http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Mar...nition-System/
Old 01-29-11, 09:25 AM   #21
dropshot
BassFishin.Com Member

I have a older ranger, and a hds 8 i dont know where to mount the structor scan transducer any help????
dropshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 10:14 AM   #22
Todd Driscoll
BassFishin.Com Member

Do you have a jackplate? I prefer to mount the LSS ducer to a jackplate if possible. To provide specific advice, can you post a pic of the transom area? Your ducer needs to be at least an inch lower than any lateral obstruction so your sidescan functions well.
Old 01-29-11, 06:39 PM   #23
Vegasspider

Default Picute of Bass School

Am I missing something here? Where is the picture? I have a Humminbird deal at the moment but I do like the fact that you guys are here at a social level. To me thats pretty cool. However I do have something to say about hold time, I would prefer to not have a problem that requires me to call any help line. I just want the stuff to work like it's promoted to do. Kind of like a Big Mac looks nothing like the picture.... But still total props for being here and responding.

*****I found the picture my bad***********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
I will do some of that personally. In fact, I will follow this up with a new post of a downscan shot of a bass school. But what I really encourage is for all you members to take your own screenshots, and post to inform or ask questions about the image. There are numerous internet sites out there that specialize in just images/interpretation, and we just can't do that on every bass forum on the net.
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 11:24 PM   #24
G-Man

Hi Todd
I just got a HDS8 at Console and HD5 up front and cant wait to get it installed on my boat.
Today I attended a 2 hour class by Ken Sturdivant at the BPS soley on SONAR and HDS systems and he was a HUGE help to the 20 plus anglers in the room.
It was great to come home tonight and see there is additional support on the forum
Thanks!
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 05:45 PM   #25
Todd Driscoll
BassFishin.Com Member

Sounds great GMan, let me know if you need any help.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.