Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Old 02-09-07, 08:33 AM   #1
Chiefntrees
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Shimano Antares Dc 7 ( Calais Dc ) Right Casting Reel $550

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

MUST HAVE CONFIRMED PAYPAL ADDRESS, I WILL ONLY SHIP TO CONFIRMED ADDRESSES

Unrivaled performance!! The 4 x 8 Digital Control system offers 4 braking modes, each with 8 different settings, for a total
of 32 possible setttings accessible through the Escape Hatch trigger- to give you absoulute control in any situation.
Features: Magnumlite spool with ultra- low startup inertia, Super Free System titanium levelwind, greaseless spool
support bearings. High Efficiency Gearing aluminum frame and site-plates; 10 shielded A-RB stainless steel treated ball
bearings; Super Stopper anti-reverse with A-RB roller bearing and Assist Stopper backup; click-adjustable Dartainiun drag;
cold-forged drag star and handle with Septon grips.

Gear Ratio : 7.0
Weight : 250g 8.8OZ
Bearing : 10/1
Line capacity : 14lb-110yds

Antares DC, the long sought after digital control brake version Antares (Calais in the US) is now in market.
The DC brake system has been proven to offer the longest casting distance, since the release of Conquest DC in 2003. The new Antares DC has improved the DC system to have 4 casting modes(L, M, A and W) and 8 strength of fine adjusting, which is adjustable by dial without opening the reel. The 4 modes set the brake to appropriate for various casting situations.
Long casting (L); Achieving the longest casting distance with relatively heavy, metal rigs in calm wind condition.
Multi (versatile) casting (M); The mode is the most likely to be used among the 4 modes. Suite the best for top water, crank baits, spinner baits and etc.
Accuracy casting (A); Brake force is the strongest among 4 modes, offering stable brake tension. Useful for pitching and skipping. Windy casting (W); Allow the best casting in winds from ahead. Great for bulky, light baits as well.
Features and Specifications:
  • 4x8 Digital Control
  • 10BB + 1RB S A-RB® Anti-Rust Bearings
  • Magnumlite Spool
  • High Efficiency Gearing (HEG)
  • Tapered Titanium Levelwind Insert
  • Smooth and high power Dartanium Drag Performance
  • Super Free Pinion Gear System (SF) eliminates friction between the pinion gear and the spool shaft for increased freespool
  • Super stopper anti-reverse
  • Cold Forged Handle Shank
  • Recessed reel foot for excellent palmability and comfort
  • Aluminum Frame and Sideplates
  • Line Retrieve Per Crank: 31 inches
  • Line Capacity: 10/130, 12/120. 16/100
  • Max Drag: 10#
  • Bearings: 10 Ball + 1 Roller
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

Chiefntrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-07, 10:53 AM   #2
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Wow,I wish! That is the best looking reel I have ever held,but it is way out of my price range! Good luck!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-07, 05:04 PM   #3
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Has anyone actually used this reel? I want to know how it truly handles skipping, and wind. Also does it have any effect on say a er errant cast that you hit a tree? They sound awful nice, but I wanna talk to someone who actually has used it, and how it performed. Is it trully a anti bird's nest/backlash reel, or is it just a little better tuned?

Lizards
Old 02-11-07, 05:38 PM   #4
Chiefntrees
BassFishin.Com Member

I personally have not used it. From what I understand they are suppose to be great.
Chiefntrees is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.