Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-09, 12:12 PM   #1
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Pflueger Patriarch baitcast reel

7.1:1 11 Bearing - Patriarch reel brand new never been mounted. Again, wife says too many so I am taking baby steps in selling my new un-used items only. I have 4 of these and only selling one for now. I have mounted one to a IMX MBR 844C/7' Heavy Fast Action and have only practiced in my swimming pool with it. It feels great and I can't wait to get it on the water. The reviews are great and it is one great looking reel.

Brand new in the box with shirt offer from Pflueger. Asking $180.00 with free shipping with insurance to lower 48 only. All others will need to get a quote and I will only charge actual fees. Will be posting lots of other items when I get time. Selling a total of 6 GLoomis rods and 10-12 Reels. All new.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3321.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	455.3 KB
ID:	4255  
Old 09-22-09, 06:26 PM   #2
doc
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Can get a brand new one in box with warranty off of e-bay for 163.00
Old 09-22-09, 06:56 PM   #3
Vegasspider

This one is brand new in the box with a warranty and tshirt offer. Doc, thanks for attempting to point out the obvious expect this is the 71 model and there is someone who sometimes sells them from time to time for 163 but that’s not the norm. Also, my price says "asking" It’s a fair price that includes shipping and insurance. Please don’t be so quick to post vague details in an attempt to make others look bad. Something that might prevent opportunities for others. That’s why I don’t really participate in forums. Too many self appointed know it alls.
Old 09-22-09, 07:47 PM   #4
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Ok, Like I said in our other post:

180 with free shipping means something different to a buyer than 180 shipped.

180 w/ free shipping means I'm paying 180 dollar for reel (that I can get on ebay cheaper) and you're being a nice guy an paying for the shipping.

180 shipped, to me, means that I'm 180 minus whatever shipping is for the reel, say 175.

I know it may not seem like a big deal, but I think buyers would rather pay 175 for a reel and them a bit more for shipping than 180.

BB
Old 09-23-09, 09:18 AM   #5
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasspider View Post
This one is brand new in the box with a warranty and tshirt offer. Doc, thanks for attempting to point out the obvious expect this is the 71 model and there is someone who sometimes sells them from time to time for 163 but that’s not the norm. Also, my price says "asking" It’s a fair price that includes shipping and insurance. Please don’t be so quick to post vague details in an attempt to make others look bad. Something that might prevent opportunities for others. That’s why I don’t really participate in forums. Too many self appointed know it alls.

Im sorry, I tend to gravitate twards the best deal, I'm sure its a nice reel but generally someone wants somewhat of a deal if they are buying a reel with no warranty from a complete stranger off of the internet.
But hey, I could be wrong, good luck to you.
Old 09-23-09, 11:44 AM   #6
nofearengineer

I have been tempted to post responses like doc's before, but I anticipated responses like Vegas'.

In defense of doc, but more in explanation of my line of reasoning...if you come on here wanting to sell something, I assume you really want to sell it. So if I were to point out that it can be had elsewhere for less, I am really doing both the seller and the prospective buyer a service. If you're asking too much, you're probably going to be spinning your wheels. So try to take posts like doc's as constructive, rather than "trying to make others look bad."
Old 09-23-09, 06:26 PM   #7
Vegasspider

"If I come on here wanting to sell something" You guys act like I just came walking in off the streets trying to scam someone. If your not interested just move along, it's not necessary to pick this to death.

Again, the reel is new in the box with a warranty. It's all of 2-3 weeks old at this point I can just return it but since they dont keep them in stock I though perhaps someone would be wanting one ASAP and I would sell for what I paid and include the shipping. Brother, thats free shipping if you do the math. They are not hard to find, just most BP's dont stock them for whatever reason I dont know. They do stock the cheaper one.
Old 09-23-09, 09:40 PM   #8
nofearengineer

Geez....defensive much? Believe me, I had no intent to imply anything like that. Ask the guys here...if I want to say something...I just say it LOL. Good luck on your sale. Happy fishing.
Old 09-23-09, 10:26 PM   #9
Vegasspider

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Geez....defensive much? Believe me, I had no intent to imply anything like that. Ask the guys here...if I want to say something...I just say it LOL. Good luck on your sale. Happy fishing.
I am not really sure why I am so pissy about this but it hits me wrong. I am already loosing money that seems to not be enough for some I suppose.
Old 09-24-09, 01:58 PM   #10
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Look it it from an buyers perspective. I don't think most buyers and sitting here going, "hmm... if I can chew down his price, he will lose more and more of his money muhahahaha!!!". I'd be willing to bet they're thinking more along the lines of "hmm... lf I can chew down his price, I'll save more of my money."

But you do have to understand. as soon as something is purchases from a store, whether you use it or not, it depreciates in value if you try to sell it.

If you can get all your money back by taking it back, them by all means, take it back. Hell, If I could have taken it back and got all my money back, I would have said screw everyone else, I'm getting all my money, lol.

Sorry if what I said before sounded like I was being mean, it wasn't meant to be. I was just trying to help you adjust your prices so you'd be more likely to sell the reel.

BB
Old 09-25-09, 04:26 PM   #11
Vegasspider

Default SOLD The reel is sold to a BassFishin member

SOLD The reel is sold to a BassFishin member. Guess not everyone on here is a narrow minded.

Quote:
7.1:1 11 Bearing - Patriarch reel brand new never been mounted. Again, wife says too many so I am taking baby steps in selling my new un-used items only. I have 4 of these and only selling one for now. I have mounted one to a IMX MBR 844C/7' Heavy Fast Action and have only practiced in my swimming pool with it. It feels great and I can't wait to get it on the water. The reviews are great and it is one great looking reel.

Brand new in the box with shirt offer from Pflueger. Asking $180.00 with free shipping with insurance to lower 48 only. All others will need to get a quote and I will only charge actual fees. Will be posting lots of other items when I get time. Selling a total of 6 GLoomis rods and 10-12 Reels. All new.

Last edited by Vegasspider; 09-25-09 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-25-09, 06:25 PM   #12
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
SOLD The reel is sold to a BassFishin member. Guess not everyone on here is a narrow minded cheap ***.
And ignorant comments like that are a huge reason why most would never buy from you
Old 09-25-09, 07:50 PM   #13
CMorg

Quote:
SOLD The reel is sold to a BassFishin member. Guess not everyone on here is a narrow minded cheap ***.
I bet he is not telling the truth. Who bought it ? Speak out publicly or be banned !!
Old 09-25-09, 08:09 PM   #14
Vegasspider

Default So ban me, what would my loss be?

So ban me, what would my loss be? All of your post show your true colors and dont be so sure on the gender of others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
I bet he is not telling the truth. Who bought it ? Speak out publicly or be banned !!
Old 09-25-09, 08:24 PM   #15
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
So ban me, what would my loss be? All of your post show your true colors and dont be so sure on the gender of others?
You crack me up. WE are showing our true colors? It's the other way around.
As of this typing you have a grand total of 11 posts on this forum. 10 of them in the 2 threads you started, to sell some items. of those 10, you pretty much attacked members of the forum twice.
Yet you think people should send you money? When we don't know you from Adam? When you get all pissy if someone brings up the fact that you're trying to sell an item for the same, or very near, price as a trusted, established retailer?
Keep talking. Keep throwin tantrums. See how much you sell.
I respect what money I have enough not to deal with someone like you.
Old 09-25-09, 08:36 PM   #16
CMorg

Quote:

Not you. I said for the person that bought it to speak out. I dont have the power to ban anyone , I was making fun. I would like to think your loss would be tenfold !!

Last edited by CMorg; 09-25-09 at 08:39 PM. Reason: not proper
Old 09-25-09, 10:48 PM   #17
BassinBandit
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
Yet you think people should send you money? When we don't know you from Adam? .

Hey dont bring me into this....(my name is Adam)

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.