Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-06, 12:22 AM   #1
Deacon
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Kickboat...Everthing you wanna know!!!

I get alot of fellas from the east coast always wanting to know about my kickboat. I figured I fill you guys in on a inexpensive way to get off the bank and on/into the water.

The pictures are of a couple of different kickboats. Mine is made by a company called Bucks Bags. Retails for about $499.99. The blue one that is facing forward is a Outdoor Engineering's Versa Vessel. Retails for $899.99 This is the best boat on the market bar none. It has a Aluminum frame and can be disassebled with the pull of a couple of pins and fits into the back seat of a car. Most kickboats weigh between 45-75 lbs with out gear. The pontoons themselves on average are 8-9ft long. They are pretty easy to move around. I use a dolly and bungee cords.

These boats are only limited to your imagination. The picture of the guy standing on that boat made that one himself(hes a welder). Most normal kickboats are about 5 ft wide and 8 ft long. His is 5 ft wide but when we flips 4 buckles it EXPANDS to be 8 ft wide by 8 ft long. He has a deck he walks around. He also custom built a rod rack that is on spindlethat hold 8 rods that he can spin 360 degrees. ost of us add our rods behind us. also behind us in a metal platform that has a strong mesh where we put our livewells/gear/food or batteries. Most of us also have full electronics as well. We fabricate some kinda mount for our tranducers onto the bottom of the frame it goes in to the water about 10 inches. In the pic of my 9 lber if you look in the fron t of my boat on the right pontoon I have mine there.

These boats can also get into really skinny water. We get into places no bass boats would dare to go. Ive been in as little as 12 inches floating down a river. They are incredibly quiet. We maily use oars for long distance and fins of moving around. You can fit all the normal gear youd take on a boat but without the hassle of a big boat. See what bass boat lacks in stealth we make up for. Sure a Big boat can cover alot of water and we cant but we really cover the water. I pay attention to every detail in a given area. A big boat will move fast and cover ALOT of water. We are moving slower and more methodical.

You guys who want one can get into one for about 200.00-350.00 for a good starter model.

www.waterskeeter.com

www.outdooregineering.com

www.creekcompany.com

www.bucksbags.com

Here is a video of our Kickboat Open event couple of years ago. You will need Quicktime to view its about 15 minutes long so I hope you have DSL or something fast......

Ok well I cant paste the link but I can tell you a easy way to get there...
Go to www.westernbass.tv Click on By Title(on left hand side) and scroll all the way to the bottom. Click on the 2nd to the bottom and its the U.S. Kickboat Open. Its a fun one to watch. Actually all the videos here are great to watch.

Well guys I hope this kinda gives you info about Kickboats. If you want more info pm me. ll be happy to give advise...

Stop wishin and get to Fishin

Last edited by Deacon; 02-14-06 at 11:45 PM.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.