Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 01-31-05, 07:30 PM   #1
DABG1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to DABG1
Default carpet

how hard is it to put carpet in a boat? i dont know if it matters but its a 88 bullet.
DABG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-05, 07:52 PM   #2
Makitcnt4u
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Makitcnt4u
Default Re: carpet

it's not that bad. I put waterproof carpet glue down the I used a staple gun around the edges for an extra fit on my old boat. Just make sure you pull the carpet tight so you don't have a ripple or little bump in it for the next few years.
Makitcnt4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-05, 09:25 AM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

You could make it very easily removable. Just get some treated plywod, cut to fit in the area you want, cut it a little smaller than actually needed to allow for carpet edges. Then glue carpet to treated wood, the most exspensive part will be the plywood. Make sure if it's not being supported completely, to make it thick enough to hold plenty of weight, perhaps doubling the thickness, by attaching two pieces together.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-05, 06:27 PM   #4
DABG1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to DABG1

Lizards,
I'm not sure i understand. why would i want to remove it?
tp
DABG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-05, 07:41 PM   #5
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

A couple of years ago, Bass And Walleye Boats magazine had an outstanding article on replacing the carpet in your boat. Â*You might do a web search for the magazine, and see if you can get in contact with them and see if they have any back issues avaliable.

I don't think you'd want it to be removable on a Bullet. You might get wacked by a hunk of carpet covered plywood. Not to mention it would be hard to get into your storage compartments.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-05, 09:06 AM   #6
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

TP,

Â* Â* Did you ever consider replacing the carpet with Rhino Liner. That is the super tough spray in lining that is used in truck beds. It is waterproof, skid proof, dent proof and easy to clean up. Some of the boat companies are using a similar spray in compound on some of the salt water models in place of carpet.
Â* Â* Cabelas has a similar type bed liner available in a roll on compound. It comes in several colors and in quarts or gallons. I have thought of trying some on my patio, as it gets very slick when it is wet.
Â* Â* If I ever have occasion to replace carpeting instead of trading boats, I am sure going to consider Rhino Liner, or something similar.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-05, 01:23 PM   #7
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=TP link=board=Boats;num=1107210613;start=0#3 date=02/01/05 at 16:27:34]Lizards,
I'm not sure i understand. why would i want to remove it?
tp[/quote]

Just because if you glue it directly to the boat, and want to ever change it, you might as well forget about it. Also I'm not talking about removing it all the time, just so it can be removed. JackL does have a great idea though. Let me explain how mines set up. It's a 16' flat bottom aluminum boat. They put down styrofoam, then put a aluminum thin sheet over it, in which they fit the carpert into the aluminum pieces. It can be removed and replaced if needed. If it was glued directly to the boat, anytime you had a problem or needed to replace it, it will be almost impossible. Just a suggestion, do it however you feel comfortable with, it's your boat.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-05, 05:13 PM   #8
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

jackl
i have a white verison of that in my boat. it is easy to clean. but it kills your feet and legs there is no cushion to it.although you will skid on it if ya drip a slimy cat fish over it. will i own a nother boat with this stuff in it? 2 words -HELL NO-

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-05, 08:50 PM   #9
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

ZOOKER,

Anybody that drops a slimy catfish in thier boat deserves to go a$$ over appetite and right on into the lake.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-05, 09:25 PM   #10
Makitcnt4u
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Makitcnt4u

yeah I'd have to go with JackL on this. It's not exactly the bed liner's fault for you dropping a catfish with slime all over it into the boat. Anyone knows that stuff is slick.
Makitcnt4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 08:57 PM   #11
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

please note i did not drop a cat fish in my boat. only hauled the slimy bugger over the side a deposited him in a cooler he dripped slime in the bottom of my boat on the way to the cooler.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.