Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-05, 12:50 AM   #1
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default How much to ask?

As some of you may know, someone gave me an old boat a few months ago. Well, I had originally planned on refurbishing this boat, but it is going to cost way more than the boat is worth. The boat came with a 72 Model 85Hp Johnson O/B on it with electric shift. The motor runs great, with no problems. It is water ready if someone hooks it to a boat. I am looking to sell that motor so I can buy a bigger tiller handle for my fishing boat.

How much does anyone think I should ask for this motor? I don't want to rip anyone off, but I don't want to just give it away either.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-05, 08:30 PM   #2
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16
Default Re: How much to ask?

Bassbooger, The Johnson electric shift lower unit may be the downfall, I am not sure if your aware of it but they require special lower unit oil that can be purchased at a marine service place. They do not sell alot of it any more and it comes in a big metal drum, not in quart bottles.Putting regular lower unit oil will ruin it leaving you stranded somewhere to boot.I had a '76 Johnson 55hp motor as how I know so much, I sold the boat ,motor, trailer , trolling motor for $500.00 because my wife no longer wanted 3 boats sitting in the yard. ;D P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-05, 01:12 AM   #3
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Re: How much to ask?

Thanks PnJ. I have heard about the same thing from anothar site that I am a member on. I guess whatever I can get for it would be the best I can do. I have had a couple people interested in it, but no takers yet. Maybe the reason why is because of it being the electric shift.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.