Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 10-14-10, 01:10 PM   #1
IowaBasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Has anyone used "PRO’s Soft~Bait Glue"

I was reading about the "PRO’s Soft~Bait Glue" on the REVIEWS portion of the web-site. Here is the article: 5 Fishing Products You Might Not Know About… But Should

I was wondering if anyone else has tried the Bait Glue? Specifically I was thinking about trying to repair the nose of plastic worms and frogs once they get a bit chewed up.

Maybe I'm over-thinking things? It might be more cost effective to just buy another pack of worms or frogs, but I've already got a tackle-box full of all different kids of plastics. From time to time I run out of a specific plastic that the fish are really hitting. A couple of weeks ago I bought a pack of these Wave Worms and rigged them wacky-style. In less than 3 hours the whole pack was ripped to shreds. (2 of us caught 40 to 60 bass that day!) I switched to something similar and continued to catch fish, but not quite as many. I probably could have made it through the day on that pack of worms if the "PRO’s Soft~Bait Glue" would only extend the usefulness of each worm for a short while.

Or would super-glue do the job, even if it doesn't work as well?
IowaBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-10, 01:50 PM   #2
Raul
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Super glue make glues the two parts but doesn´t blend them together, so you have this sandwich of soft plastic, hardened super glue and soft plastic, besides the super glue is brittle ( breaks ) and hard. Products like PRO’s Soft~Bait Glue and Mend It are some variant of PVC glue that doesn´t work the way super glue does, they actually melt the plastic and evaporate the tow parts of the break melt and bind together without altering the properties of the plastic, they do not glue imediately like super glue, the metlting/binding/evaporation takes longer ( a couple of minutes ) but your bait ends up pretty much like out of the bag.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-10, 02:00 PM   #3
cassidyta

I have been using the Pro Soft for a while and am quite pelased with it. I use it on my hollow bodied frogs and swimbaits.
For my other plastics, I usually just melt them back together with a soldering iron. I found it to be a cheaper solution. I have been known to use a lighter when out on the water.
Old 10-14-10, 02:40 PM   #4
Raul

Forgot to mention another drawback of super glue, there you are trying to repair yor bait, do something stoopid and you end up with the bait firmly attached to your fingers, fingers attached to themselves and glue bottle firmly attached to the other hand´s fingers . ˇ Been there done that !

The same doesn´t happen with those kind of glues.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-10, 02:51 PM   #5
dave0943

I've seen it and will try it. I've been using crazy glue which works really well. Been fixing Senkos, craws, frogs, with good success. I'll always try a better mouse trap, if they build one.
Dave
dave0943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 08:10 AM   #6
Mac2

Pencil soldering iron from Wal Mart.....under 5 dollars. Wrap a copper wire around the tip three wraps and let a half inch stick out from the end of the soldering tip for tears and hook holes....the copper should be about the diameter of a pencil lead. Use an exhaust fan venting outside for the fumes. Cheap, easy, economically sound investment...take off the copper wire and use the fat barrel for melting two parts to be joined and don't forget the fan.
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 11:04 AM   #7
cassidyta

Mac,

I use the same thing for at home, but I bought a cordless model from radio shack for in the boat. It uses three AA batteries and is good for several days of use. I only use it for quick repairs that are needed for that day.
Old 10-15-10, 11:13 AM   #8
Bryan

I use it for more than just repairing baits. I love the stuff.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-10, 09:53 AM   #9
Mac2

cassidyta, Thanks for the innovative suggestion........great idea.....also allows you to do inspired mods in the "field" so to speak. Thanks, and Good Fishing, Mac

p.s. On my way to Radio Shack..... Thanks.
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-10, 07:50 PM   #10
md11hog
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Great Products

I've tried both Mend It and Pro's softbait glue.
I like Pro's Glue better but mend it had a smaller and better bottle. I fish Senko's, Sweet Beavers and Ribbit frogs alot and the glue saves money and prevents you from running out. I also like Pro's to prevent soft plastics from sliding down the hook. I just put a drop on the nose of the Ribbit. It
md11hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-10, 06:12 AM   #11
Fish-N-Fool Lures
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaBasser View Post
I was reading about the "PRO’s Soft~Bait Glue" on the REVIEWS portion of the web-site. Here is the article: 5 Fishing Products You Might Not Know About… But Should

I was wondering if anyone else has tried the Bait Glue? Specifically I was thinking about trying to repair the nose of plastic worms and frogs once they get a bit chewed up.

Maybe I'm over-thinking things? It might be more cost effective to just buy another pack of worms or frogs, but I've already got a tackle-box full of all different kids of plastics. From time to time I run out of a specific plastic that the fish are really hitting. A couple of weeks ago I bought a pack of these Wave Worms and rigged them wacky-style. In less than 3 hours the whole pack was ripped to shreds. (2 of us caught 40 to 60 bass that day!) I switched to something similar and continued to catch fish, but not quite as many. I probably could have made it through the day on that pack of worms if the "PRO’s Soft~Bait Glue" would only extend the usefulness of each worm for a short while.
Or would super-glue do the job, even if it doesn't work as well?

I have used Pro Soft glue and I still have the scars to prove it!!!!!! I didn't think it worked all that well to start with, but then one day out on the water the tip pluged up on the bottle so I unscrewed the top and was trying to unplug it when I spilled a little glue out of the bottle on my pants leg. The cemical reaction as this stuff cooks off is horrorifing. I got a 3rd deg burn on my leg about the size of a silver dollar from this crap and when I complained to the company to ask them to just pay for my hospital visit and no more, but they said they would not pay for anything and called me a lair. Really poor customer service I'd say. I wanted to sue their sorry buts for all they had but had no proof or witnesses and didnt have the cash to take them to court. SO If you value you body parts stay far FAR away from this junk. I did find a glue that I like but it does not make quick repairs. it takes a few hours to dry or more, sometimes overnite if it is big.
It is made by Baitsmith at baitImith.com and works well fo repairing big swimbaits and such that cost alot and you want a good repair. for other cheaper baits go with a super glue or just put on a new one.
Old 12-10-10, 10:35 PM   #12
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Forgot to mention another drawback of super glue, there you are trying to repair yor bait, do something stoopid and you end up with the bait firmly attached to your fingers, fingers attached to themselves and glue bottle firmly attached to the other hand´s fingers . ˇ Been there done that !

The same doesn´t happen with those kind of glues.
Pro's will glue your fingers together. Mend It will not.

Mend It has come out with new glass bottles instead of the plastic ones. The shelf life will improve with the new bottles. I can only keep an open plastic bottle for 8 months or so.

I will disclose to everyone that I am a retailer for Mend It.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.