Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 05-18-06, 04:57 AM   #51
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

pnj
nope

zooker
Old 05-18-06, 05:53 AM   #52
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintxlady
I rate myself as a "10" on everything.....I have to ....I have noone that will do it for me.....hehehehehe......
Hmmmmmmmmm...............
Old 05-18-06, 06:49 AM   #53
CarpMan
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Me and Pollywogg could rate our selves purty doggone high, but den you’ll know we’re da biggest bull shippers dat ever caught a carp on a rabbit turd. Now ifn ole JB wuz to rate catfish noodlen on this here thread, den Me and Polly Ann would be rite up thar with da best, probably between a 10 and 13. But me and Pollywogg kno its below a bassers thoughts to even mention a cat or carp in da same sentence with a bass. And we kno your alls bass katchen skills are jest too good fur us to mingle in, so were gonna honor your alls abilities and sit dissen out..Since Elmer has showed us a few bass katchen techneakes, we have throwed a few of dem big mouth thangs in da bote from time to time, and boy was it fun! especially setten in that big ole wall to wall carpeted bote that Elmer got. But liven up here in da hollow, I don’t think me and polly could evur lose our love fur carpen and catfish noodlen.... But frum what me and Polly have read on dis here thread, we thank all of you should be rated rite up thare in da top half of da skale, tween a 7 and a 10. And dat aint bad.
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-06, 08:36 AM   #54
flbassman

Cman- I'd love to try catfish noodlin. Unfortuneatly, in Florida, to noodle catfish, you have to get in the water. And if you're in the water, something will bite you. Turtle, snake, gator, flesheating parasite(no joke, it killed a lady on a jet ski last year), something bad would happen.
Old 05-18-06, 09:12 AM   #55
CarpMan

Aint nevur been bit by a gator, but Polly got bit by a muskrat last year when she stuck her hand in a hole, she said it was like been bit by a little chiwawa dog, bout to eat her up. But she nuver gave up on noodlen, she goes evur time we have a tournament and she always gits bit by somethem. I’m glad we dont have gators up here in dese hollows, if we did, i would be looken fur another woman. Man, that little red head is tuffer than Jakes ole mule and bout three times as stubborn.
Old 05-18-06, 01:19 PM   #56
flbassman

Muskrat!?! Ouch! Them things got some nasty lookin teeth. By the way, what is a hollow? I'm a flatlander, sorry for the ignorance.
Old 05-18-06, 01:56 PM   #57
CarpMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbassman
Muskrat!?! Ouch! Them things got some nasty lookin teeth. By the way, what is a hollow? I'm a flatlander, sorry for the ignorance.
flbassman, ifn you lived in my neck of da woods, youd be in a hollow or on a hill, cuz thay aint no flatland up here. A hollow is a valley tween two big ole hills. Best place in tha wurld to live. Some people say we're hicks cuz we live so far back up in this here hollow, but as long as Polly is happy that were using hoot owls for chickens, then I guess this is where we will stay, cuz Da C Man aim to pleeze his sweetie.
Old 05-18-06, 04:42 PM   #58
flbassman

Gotcha. Nice little valley. Like a bowl sort of right? My uncle lives in one in Tennessee. Beautiful. Round about April, you see the bear and deer and turkey walking through the black eyed susans. Real purdy.
Old 05-18-06, 08:58 PM   #59
pig n jig

Carpman, Here in West Almond, NY There is a place called pollywogg holler.I go there alot to play acoustic guitar.Its a neat place to see.I 'll see if I can find their website. P N J http://www.pollywogholler.com/happenings.htm

Last edited by pig n jig; 05-18-06 at 09:14 PM.
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-06, 05:05 AM   #60
zooker

pssssttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pnj
used to take my girl up the wogg. nice place to "park" right up on top.. just a thought..

zooker
Old 05-19-06, 04:25 PM   #61
FlyRod

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
umm 8 but i am no master of anything except my dog..

zooker
Yeah, right!

Signed,
Zooker's Dog
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-06, 11:54 AM   #62
flfireman

Not sure where I fall. Ive done some tourneys, placed in some, lost in some. Have to much stuff(according to wife). Can catch fish on pretty much whatever I use. Note- what I use. Still cant fish a jig to save my life. The tourneys I do usually have a reason- FF olympics, MDA tourney, etc. Just like to fish, and have fun. My biggest joy is teaching my oldest daughter how to fish and the joy of knowing I got two more behind her to teach. Also being able to fish with friends or people you met online and having a good time. If you need a #, Ill go 7-8.
Old 05-21-06, 09:31 AM   #63
PowerBass

3, and part of 4. I own 8 rods, first tournament was yesterday, got 6th place.
Old 05-21-06, 09:54 AM   #64
bassnman30

BassAddict,

Your doing the right things. I "may" enter the BFL next year. I'll be a co-angler to start. I've done well in the old Red Man series as well as other open tournaments. Congratulations on your achievemements.
Bassnman30
Old 05-28-06, 09:09 PM   #65
splat_baseball51
BassFishin.Com Member

7 but rather new to the sport of bass fishing, lookin for any tips i can get.
splat_baseball51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-06, 11:17 AM   #66
Hef

Send a message via Yahoo to Hef

I'd say between a 6 and 7. Your always learning and picking things up and being in the military is the only reason I'm not on the water 5 days a week.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-06, 05:52 AM   #67
1FASTLASER

Gonna jump in here and say my sone is probably a 4. He has the necessary tackle and really has the know how. He just needs that special trick of MORE TIME ON THE WATER. He is like a sponge when it comes to reading and putting to use what he has read and does a damn good job of it. I would say the oldest boy of mine is gonna be GREAT at fishing reaction baits and my youngest will take on any when fishing plastics. There have been a couple of times that I had to fish my arse off to keep up with him when fishing plastics. He has that natural ability to feel the "light bite" when fishing plastics. If he ever fishes with anyone I always say "Beware if he picks up that worm rod"
Old 05-30-06, 06:14 PM   #68
zooker

mor time on the water. sounds like laser needs to stop playing and start fishin..

zooker
Old 05-30-06, 08:31 PM   #69
JB

the more time you can spend on the water, day in and day out, you stay right on top of feeding habits and migration patterns...
Laser, just wait when they turn 16 they will want a truck and boat to start out with
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-06, 10:17 PM   #70
ToPwAt'R GuY

I am a definetly a 7. I usually take one fishing technique at a time to get good at it.
ToPwAt'R GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-06, 06:21 AM   #71
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
the more time you can spend on the water, day in and day out, you stay right on top of feeding habits and migration patterns...
Laser, just wait when they turn 16 they will want a truck and boat to start out with
That would be ok JB as long as they stay away from drugs man. I would sell my soul to get them a boat and a truck as long as they stay away from that chit. One of my dreams is to see them standing on the stage receiving a first place check froom the FLW or a B.A.S.S.
Old 05-31-06, 09:02 AM   #72
JB

laser ,
I know what ya mean, and they probably won't ever do drugs if they are busy fishing, maybe one day the "ol man" can retire and live off the kids earnings huh
Old 06-01-06, 06:10 AM   #73
1FASTLASER

LOL That would be cool but I have told them all I want in return is for them to take me fishing if I get to where I cant do it by myself. As the commercial says" A truck and a boat.......several thousand dollars......Your kids taking you fishing....PRICELESS!!!!
Old 06-02-06, 04:37 PM   #74
JB

It would be neat to see the kids out perform thier dad each outing, showing off the skills ya taught them
Old 06-05-06, 06:13 PM   #75
senko

4,but i only own about 5 rods.never been in a tourny,dad says im not old enough .i have been fishing since i was in a walker,my dad would cast out the pole and i would hold it.so i guess about 12 years under my belt if you count that fishing

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.