Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-24-04, 05:09 PM   #1
OhioBass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default whats dead stickin

thanks in advance
OhioBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-04, 06:09 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: whats dead stickin

if im not mastakin, and i might be dead sticken is when u have a worm or shad or somthin along those lines and u cast it and let it hit the bottom and let it sit twitch it a few times then let it sit again

-brian
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-04, 06:21 PM   #3
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

Yep. Â*You just leave the worm in the same place. Â*I'm not sure who it's designed to drive crazy. Â*You or the fish. Â*It would never work for me. Â*The wind would be blowing and I'd be halfway across the lake and have never moved the bait myself.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-04, 06:41 PM   #4
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i use this techique during winter with a slider rigged worm it works if ya can keep the crappie off it..

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-04, 07:26 PM   #5
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20

yep.It works. My best day this year came on a day i couldn't buy a bite on anything i tried. I found a ledge the Ky bass were stacked up on, and deadsticked my way to a glorious day of bass fishing. Use it when the bite is slow and you can't get a reaction bite.

Throw it out and let it sit.

Try it, you will like it,.

Charles.
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-04, 07:35 PM   #6
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

I agree-it does work. Just cast it out and let it sit. For some reason this is real effective with Senko-type baits.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-04, 07:43 PM   #7
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20

[quote author=Rebbasser link=board=news;num=1093378195;start=0#5 date=08/24/04 at 18:35:55] Â*For some reason this is real effective with Senko-type baits.[/quote]

Thats what i used. Not the brand Senko, but an off brand.No apparent action. Kinda like a french fry.

Caught the fish though.

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-04, 08:10 PM   #8
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

Right after Charley rolled through there was about 3or4 days where the fish wanted an extremely slow presentation. Â*I caught a number of fish by deadsticking a superfluke. Â*I have never heard of anybody else doing this, but it worked well enough for me.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-04, 08:54 PM   #9
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=Rebbasser link=board=news;num=1093378195;start=0#5 date=08/24/04 at 18:35:55]I agree-it does work. Just cast it out and let it sit. For some reason this is real effective with Senko-type baits.[/quote]

I got an idea Reb, just start calling them Tiki Sticks, and we'll start a new trend ;D. Everyone will start calling the Tiki-style baits You and I agree on the Senko's, and yes I have a lots of them still to use up, along with the Kinami's.

Hula,

I deadstick Flukes all winter, that is when the water actually isn't hard, and sometimes even when it is. I will also use a 1/16th oz bullet weight t-rigged to get it to fall slightly faster, and this also works for me. No one I know of had used that technique until after I already posted it here, and low and behold, the next Bassmaster magazine I read had one of the pro's doing the same thing to take 3rd in a tournament. Just goes to show ya, NOTHING is outa the range of what the fish want. I always try new things.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-04, 11:35 PM   #10
bassguy2004

Those with little patients will have a hard time "dead stickin". We all have this engrained want to reel in what ever lure we're using at the time. But "dead stickin" is worth the wait. Like Jimmy Houston says " if you thought you waited long enough, wait some more".
Old 08-25-04, 02:38 AM   #11
spinnerbaitking
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to spinnerbaitking

how long do you guys let a dead stick sit? my patience level is like most stream fishermans if it didnt hit in a few seconds then they didnt like what or how you showed it to them. plus the current has it and time to start over. i try to be alot more patient on lake/pond fishing, but its kinda like fingernails on chalk boards to just let it sit for extended periods.
how about a heavy carolina rig in stream fishing for a dead stick, that way the bait kinda flutters along the bottom with the current???
spinnerbaitking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-04, 07:44 PM   #12
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=snag-a-matic link=board=news;num=1093378195;start=0#10 date=08/25/04 at 01:38:54]how long do you guys let a dead stick sit? my patience level is like most stream fishermans if it didnt hit in a few seconds then they didnt like what or how you showed it to them. plus the current has it and time to start over. i try to be alot more patient on lake/pond fishing, but its kinda like fingernails on chalk boards to just let it sit for extended periods.
how about a heavy carolina rig in stream fishing for a dead stick, that way the bait kinda flutters along the bottom with the current???[/quote]

As long as it takes. Sometimes it's good to actually have 2 rods going at the same time, one you're deadsticking and one with a PNJ so you can keep constant tension on it, and watch the line of the deadsticking pole.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.