Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-04-06, 09:03 PM   #1
ironman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to ironman
Exclamation Same old thing

I think you guys know I fish at cresent lake like i told everyone but I still have not caught a fish there so let me rephrase something if you were me where would you fish and what would you use,what color,and what time. I am desperate.
ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-06, 09:11 PM   #2
Brownstown bassman
BassFishin.Com Member

Ironman, dont get upset that your not catching bass. If you can go out everytime and catch fish it would be great, but it takes time and a lot of work. Just be patient and you will get the hang of it. Try getting one or two lures that are known to catch fish and stick with em. Sooner or later you'll get one. Dont expect to kill em everytime out. I have been fishing for like 20 years and will go for weeks without catching anything. Just be glad you have the chance to go out and fish and enjoy it.
Brownstown bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-06, 09:15 PM   #3
ironman

Yeah I refuse to give up but i have lived here for a year and go fishing about every weekend and since I have been here i have caught 2 bass, none over 2 pounds. BUT I will NEVER give up
Old 07-04-06, 09:18 PM   #4
Brownstown bassman
BassFishin.Com Member

Thats the right attitude to have. It sucks going out and not catching anything. Everyone on this site knows that. Just keep trying youll get it. Do you fish spinnerbaits?
Old 07-04-06, 09:18 PM   #5
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Ironman, take a look through some of your other posts-this time of year a weightless/weedless bait like a Tiki Stick rigged weedless or weightless can catch a bunch. I explained these two techniques there. Today I only got one on this type bait. They just didn't want it, but-like Brownstone said, keep throwing-you WILL get bit.
Old 07-04-06, 09:19 PM   #6
ironman

Yes but never catch anything on them did once or twice when I was 9 but that was in orlando,
Old 07-04-06, 09:22 PM   #7
Brownstown bassman
BassFishin.Com Member

Spinnerbait is a great bass lure. Get yourself a few different color and sizes and throw em. There pretty simple to fish, pretty weedless,and work very good.Try to buy colors that match the area you are fishing.
Old 07-04-06, 10:41 PM   #8
HulaPopr
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownstown bassman
Spinnerbait is a great bass lure. Get yourself a few different color and sizes and throw em. There pretty simple to fish, pretty weedless,and work very good.Try to buy colors that match the area you are fishing.
Spinnerbaits are usually good, but if you lived in FL you'd know, spinnerbait+st. johns= mudfish. As reb said, pick up a pack os senkos or tikis (junebug) and throw them out there(preferrably along grass lines) you will get bit.
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-06, 10:48 PM   #9
crankybait

ironman- soft plastics work. no matter what. just fish em. hell man thats one of my problems im always throwing everything. now i have learend to force myself to fish one bait for a long period of time
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-06, 07:44 AM   #10
Mac1
BassFishin.Com Active Member

You will probably not do what I am about to say as it takes too much patience..... When you get to a likely area for fish, try this.

Get a pack of zoom ultra vibe speedworms and clip off the hooktails a half inch up on the body of the worm. Rig this watermelon/red (green, red glitter), worm body texposed on a 2/0 hook and don't add weight. The zoomie (name for zoom ultra vibe speedworm body) will cast like a bullet, skips well under dock, rock and log, and even can be wacky rigged or dropshotted, will sink slowly on the way down.

Cast to a likely spot near cover or structure, let fall to bottom watching line carefully, if nothing gets it on the fall, let set on bottom for 30 seconds, then lift s l o w l y about two feet to feel for fish, if still nothing on, let re-fall and rest for 20 seconds....lift s l o w l y two feet again, if nothing on, give a short and quick twitch to the rod at the top of this second lift, pause to let fall the third time....if nothing picks it up upon hitting bottom, reel in at a moderate pace and cast to another likely spot.

If bass are in the neighborhood at all, it's very probable you will make contact with them.

All the other factors of fishing come into play, bass being more likely to be near structure, cover.....depressions in the bottom, near baitfish schools, etc.etc.

What you are tinkering with when you fish the above method is a quiet form of intrusion. You are intruding on their territory. Here comes this stranger, falling slowly and resting in their backyard and it seems not to be going away.
If they don't hit on the initial fall, often times they will feel intruded upon and will swim over and pick it up just to get it out of their territory.

I recently read in an old fishing magazine about a quide in Florida leaving a plastic worm on the bottom for ten minutes before moving it, so my method of fishing one cast for a little over a minute seems fast in comparison.

If the zoomie wears out on one end, rig the other....after the second end tears up, save it for wacky rigging. You can wacky rig and use as a slow fall deadsticking lure too. I've recommended this method a lot, but only a few have used it. I've gotten very good reviews when they do take the time to try it..... Smallmouth in Oregon, Largemouth in Michigan, Tennessee.

Remember.....one pack of zoom speedworms in Watermelon/Red and you are good to go.

Good fishing, Mac
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-06, 08:47 AM   #11
ironman

I will try that thanks
Old 07-05-06, 10:51 AM   #12
crankybait

yeah you really should try that... ive been trying it, logically it would work, therefore i keep trying. i mean, if it fishes the whole column, the fish will se it no matter what elvel they are on
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.