Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 03-15-12, 12:00 PM   #1
mhtranger
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Tracking problems

Hey guys, I have a question about my new to me boat. First off it is a 17 ft Fisher F17 fiberglass with a 90hp. When cruising about the boat tends to lean to the left. Not sure why it does this and was hoping someone could help me out. The boat is set up with a 24v trolling on the bow with two batteries on the left side and a single cranking on the right. I weigh about 240lbs. So I would think most of the weight is on the right side? Right now there is no tackle or anything else on the boat so am I going to be in trouble when I add a passenger?
Thanks for your help.
David
mhtranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 12:12 PM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Does it pull to the left if you let it, or does it keep going straight?
Old 03-15-12, 12:25 PM   #3
mhtranger
BassFishin.Com Member

No it goes straight just leans left.
Old 03-15-12, 12:55 PM   #4
MississippiBoy

Ok....hmm. Do you have a "Whale tail" on your motor? A wide plastic or sometimes metal fin that bolts to the motor right above the prop? Something like this:

My old boat had one, and there were 2 little tabs underneath that you could rotate to adjust how the boat ran. If one or the other is turned funny, that might cause what you're talking about.

Or it might be a weight issue. Do you have 2 fuel tanks, or just 1? Sitting still with you in it, does it list to the left, or does it only lean when you're up running? I would think that you plus 1 battery on the right would even out 2 batteries and a trolling motor on the left. If there's nothing else in the boat, fuel is the only other thing I can think of that might be uneven, causing the list.
Old 03-15-12, 01:16 PM   #5
mhtranger
BassFishin.Com Member

Yes I have a "Whale Tail" on mine so I will have to look at that. As for my gas tank it is a single tank. Thanks for your help and as soon as I get a chance I will go look at it. Any ideas how I should set them if they are a little ascue?
Old 03-15-12, 01:49 PM   #6
MississippiBoy

The one on my old boat had a screw running down through the fin, and a series of little holes on the underside of the fin that matched up with a little tab or stud on the tabs. So you loosened the screw to get some slack, turned the tab to line the stud up with whatever hole you wanted, then tighten the screw to hold it there.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.