Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 04-15-07, 07:18 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 16' Lowe question

I have an oppertunity to purchase a 1999 16' Lowe flatbottom jon boat that has decks built with marine plywood , carpeted. A 6hp johnson outboard , a 14# trolling motor and a 44# foot controlled trolling motor , 2 anchor mates , a hummingbird fish finder , a livewell , and a trailer for 1500.00. I am thinking about a possible resale here , what do you guys think ? I dont know how old the motors are , I havent seen it yet , I will wednesday. Could a guy possibly get 2000.00 out of it on a resale , or no ??
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-07, 07:22 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

dout it..old small moters aint none to great a selling point..

zooker
Old 04-15-07, 07:29 PM   #3
CMorg

I dont know how old the motor is , I was looking at an 84 jon boat semi v with trailer 17' , it had an old , and I mean old 4 horse evanrude with an 84 hand controlled trolling motor , and that was it , no decks or nothing and it sold for 1000.00 the first day it was in the newspaper. I dont know.. it was just a thought.
Old 04-15-07, 08:35 PM   #4
HOG Ranger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

In general unless you get a steal it is hard to flip a boat and make money. In this area flat bottom boats are not huge sellers and everyone that looks at it is going to think it is underpowered.

Not sure if it is worth the trouble of advertising and going through the selling process for 500 bucks, just my opinion.
Old 04-16-07, 11:55 PM   #5
Jolly

You might be able to flip it for some money on craigslist. People sale lots of useless crap on there (not saying that boat is useless crap...). Might check it out for some comps and see if you have anything to gauge it by.

Hope this helps,

Jolly
Old 04-17-07, 09:48 AM   #6
mymomisbecky

general speaking lowes are VERY front heavy. like pushing a plow.
mymomisbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 05:12 PM   #7
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i rode in bc's 18 footer with a 115 yammer. and yes it seemed to me to run nose down... but i figured that was the design of the boat..

zooker
Old 04-18-07, 10:19 AM   #8
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

I'll put it this way, to me, it sounds like a fair deal at 1500, but it dosen't sound very attractive at 2k. (from a shoppers point of view).

Also depends on the boat itself too....how clean EVERYthing is....boat, deck, equipment, trailer, etc.....the better looking it is....the better the odds...you never know, it could work if you can write the add attractively, ....prime time fishin season is here...

Good Luck
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-07, 05:27 PM   #9
CMorg

Thank you all for your input. I only got interested because I bought my 1988 BassTracker for 2k , had an offer for 2900.00 two days later , but turned it down because I want to fish it , at least this year. Then I bought a 1984 Ebbtide for 2000.00 that looked like new , sold it 3 days later for 3000.00 , So , I just thought..... buy and sell boats. My dad has a used car lot , and it gets alot of traffic. I may still do this , but I did pass on the Lowe. Maybe buy in the fall / winter , do some cleaning on each one in the winter , and sell in the spring / summer.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.