Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 02-04-10, 02:17 PM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Bass fishing near Appleton, WI?

It's a ways off yet, but in August of this year, I'll be heading over to the Appleton/Green Bay area for a family gathering and was wondering if anyone knew of any places where my dad and I could do some bass fishing (from shore) while we're there.

Any and all help or advice is much appreciated -- thanks!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-10, 04:05 PM   #2
jooleyen

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

Oh my god. It's my favorite thing in the world to go to Sturgeon bay or anywhere on the Door County and smallmouth bass fish. There are tons of marinas and parks to go form shore, but it's even better with a boat. Gin clear water with big smallies. Depending on if the year is warm or not, you could possible time it so there are spawners there. Best time for that is usually july or so. Winnebago also has smallmouth in it but it is known for its walleye. Good luck. I'd be happy to answer some questions you may have.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 09:03 PM   #3
WatterBoy

jooleyen (or others for that matter),

Don't know if you'll see this in the next couple of days, but we'll be arriving in Appleton late on Wednesday night, which will potentially give me and my dad Thu, Fri, Sat to attempt to do some fishing. I say "potentially" because we're going there for a family reunion so we can't just ditch everyone else for hours at a time every day. Anyway, we won't have a boat, so if you have any thoughts about decent spots to try from shore, I'd be interested. Sturgeon Bay/Door County looks cool, but I'm not sure we'll be able to make that long a drive.

Dean
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 10:50 PM   #4
jooleyen

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

Boy, I've never done any shore fishing around there other than from Lake Michigan. I've fished the Winnebago Chain only from boat. I couldn't give you any advice for around shore other than to go to Door County in one of the many small little bays and fish from some rocks or harbors. The Smallies are still spawning, but are mostly done and should still be cruising. I've never fished the Mississippi River but my grandpa used to shore fish there all the time. You might want to try that since it looks to be on the way from where you're at. We're taking a trip there one of these days.
Good luck fishin
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.