Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Old 08-06-12, 10:03 AM   #1
chevy5099
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default New floating plastic worms

If your looking for a great floating plastic worm for your dropshot or C-rigging. The FloatIT has what you want and it will catch bass. Check out there line of worms and vidoes on how it floats. They float with a HOOK.

***floatworm.weebly.com

make sure you put in www. first
chevy5099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-12, 11:42 AM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Great....more spam. Kevin, oh Kevin....wherefore art thou, Kevin?
Old 08-06-12, 01:56 PM   #3
chevy5099

Default Not spam

Ha, its not spam. Its a cool web page. and he has some nice worms on there. Don't ***** about stuff you never tryed before. Like the posts says if you think its spam keep it to yourself
Old 08-06-12, 02:14 PM   #4
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Pretty neat stuff, do you have it without the ribbon tail? Being that I have full blown monkey illness I might just give it a try. Thanks for posting it.
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-12, 05:10 PM   #5
bassboogieman

Quote:
Ha, its not spam. Its a cool web page. and he has some nice worms on there.
When a new first time poster's first post is hawking a product, we usually consider it SPAM, as well as poor taste.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-12, 05:30 PM   #6
Vegasspider

Chevy dont take it personal and I don't know when marketing becomes bad taste but then again I am no expert in that field. Or any other field now that I think about. You will get about 5-6 of these post on your thread, don't take it personal the site does not have a moderator. None of these people own the site so your free to do what you like.
Old 08-06-12, 06:15 PM   #7
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Kevin (the owner of this site) sells advertising for fishing products on this site. I'm sure he would frown on you advertising without paying for it. I should think an attorney would understand that.
Old 08-06-12, 06:35 PM   #8
Vegasspider

And here we go...........As an attorney. Don't forget juris doctorate to you!
Old 08-06-12, 09:08 PM   #9
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy5099 View Post
Ha, its not spam. Its a cool web page. and he has some nice worms on there. Don't ***** about stuff you never tryed before. Like the posts says if you think its spam keep it to yourself
First off, cut the "he has some nice worms on there" bullsh!t. It's your website, any idiot can see that by looking at your profile.

Secondly, this is a for sale forum, not a forum for personal advertisement. If you want to sell something, then make a for sale post. But believe me, no one here will buy it from a new member that's here just to sell stuff.

Thirdy, it is spam. Your first post here was self advertisement, not a good way to start things off. Then you defend the posted link (while insulting a longstanding member of the forum) as not spam by pretending you're linking to someone else's product that you just happen to like or wanted to share. That just screams spam.

On most websites, the moderators would have removed that post faster than you would think possible and sent you a message about how they have paying sponsors and it's not fair to them, blah, blah. Here, on the other hand, we police ourselves, but still don't take well to people with the sole intention of selling product and promoting themselves. There are many people here, myself included, who make and sell fishing lures, rods, etc. that have been upstanding members who have contributed to the forum and made it what it is. That said, you have two choices:

GTFO, or actually take an interest in the forum. Make conversation, make friends, and then the members here (who, by the way, are the best damn group on people on the internet) will be more than happy to help support your business and use your product and even recommend it to friends. But if you're just looking for a place to self-advertise, look elsewhere.

BB
Old 08-06-12, 09:29 PM   #10
Vegasspider

He has contact information including a phone number, maybe the guy is trying to sell some worms. Not every first timer is a scam. I just bought from a first timer a week or so a go and it was legit. Payment went to PayPal and all good. Maybe if we were more inviting and send them a PM first and find out whats up before killing them. If it is a new business they are starting they gotta get their name out etc. Now the asian text stuff I agree on that is "spambots" and looking at the source code you can tell that in one second. I don't know I just don't this kind of landing on a guy in other forums on sites that allow a first timer to post. Just saying. Besides if you are that scared of it being something don't click on it.
Old 08-06-12, 09:36 PM   #11
kennethdaysale

Quote:
If your looking for a great floating plastic worm for your dropshot or C-rigging. The FloatIT has what you want and it will catch bass. Check out there line of worms and vidoes on how it floats. They float with a HOOK.

***floatworm.weebly.com

make sure you put in www. first
Chevy like Vegas I'm no marketing expert and like the other posters here I percieve your post to be spam or at least spam-like. You may end up being a regular here and liked and trusted by everyone.........who knows? If not, the following blue post would have been a better way(template) to go here and a better way to go on one of the many other forums of this type.

Hello everyone! My name is Randy G. I'm 25, married, work in Law Enforcement and live in Boomtown NJ. I've loved fishing since I was a kid and have never really been happy with most of the worms available in stores. I always wished I could find a worm that would float (I mean really float...like float a 5/0 Trokar!) So I decided to buy a simple curltail mold, some plastic. floatant and dye and make my own.
I have caught tons of fish on these worms and thought I might have some luck selling them. I see paid ads at the top of the page would someone please e-mail or PM me information about how to get the the word out about these worms I'm pouring?
Thanks Guys! Randy G.

Ps Great site!
Old 08-06-12, 09:52 PM   #12
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasspider View Post
He has contact information including a phone number, maybe the guy is trying to sell some worms. Not every first timer is a scam. I just bought from a first timer a week or so a go and it was legit. Payment went to PayPal and all good. Maybe if we were more inviting and send them a PM first and find out whats up before killing them. If it is a new business they are starting they gotta get their name out etc. Now the asian text stuff I agree on that is "spambots" and looking at the source code you can tell that in one second. I don't know I just don't this kind of landing on a guy in other forums on sites that allow a first timer to post. Just saying. Besides if you are that scared of it being something don't click on it.
No one said it is a scam.

But there's no doubt that this is blatant self advertising. Something we don't really care for from members that are here for solely that purpose.

BB
Old 08-06-12, 11:42 PM   #13
Vegasspider

Default Thats your opinon

Thanks your opinion and I wont dispute that, but a few I would say maybe 10 or less feel that way. The rest either don't care or they simply look in here and if there is nothing of interest they move on. That's my preference. It does say Bass Classifieds and since there are no rules against first time people listing then I think we should leave that to them to do so. If the site owner had a real problem with it, he would put the same rules in place. It seems this site owner is after traffic and just lets the forums rip! IMO not looking to pick a fight, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
No one said it is a scam.

But there's no doubt that this is blatant self advertising. Something we don't really care for from members that are here for solely that purpose.

BB
Old 08-06-12, 11:54 PM   #14
Vegasspider

Default Ding ding we have a winner!

Yes boys and girls this is the first time I agree with KN.

This approach not only helps a new guy in the hobby out. The biggest clue that something is spam if you dont know how to check the code in the thread is really simple, they put their work into landing on a page and hardly ever have more than one or two sentences, almost always has misspellings etc. Depends on the goal of the spammer, some are just after a series of clicks. Regardless of what backyard logic you have heard there is no spam in the world that works with just ONE click of the mouse to wipe out your computer. May have been in the past but not currently. The other goal is to get you to follow a stream in which they cleverly disguise items for you to click on, each click pays them money. A very small amount of money so they need millions of clicks. I do happen to know that the software that is used for this forum has a very good "mailace" block which is why it takes more than one click to harm your computer. It's just like aids of the modern times of knowledge, you can't get from a toilet seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Chevy like Vegas I'm no marketing expert and like the other posters here I percieve your post to be spam or at least spam-like. You may end up being a regular here and liked and trusted by everyone.........who knows? If not, the following blue post would have been a better way(template) to go here and a better way to go on one of the many other forums of this type.

Hello everyone! My name is Randy G. I'm 25, married, work in Law Enforcement and live in Boomtown NJ. I've loved fishing since I was a kid and have never really been happy with most of the worms available in stores. I always wished I could find a worm that would float (I mean really float...like float a 5/0 Trokar!) So I decided to buy a simple curltail mold, some plastic. floatant and dye and make my own.
I have caught tons of fish on these worms and thought I might have some luck selling them. I see paid ads at the top of the page would someone please e-mail or PM me information about how to get the the word out about these worms I'm pouring?
Thanks Guys! Randy G.

Ps Great site!
Old 08-06-12, 11:54 PM   #15
BigBassin144

Quote:
Thanks your opinion and I wont dispute that, but a few I would say maybe 10 or less feel that way. The rest either don't care or they simply look in here and if there is nothing of interest they move on. That's my preference. It does say Bass Classifieds and since there are no rules against first time people listing then I think we should leave that to them to do so. If the site owner had a real problem with it, he would put the same rules in place. It seems this site owner is after traffic and just lets the forums rip! IMO not looking to pick a fight, again.
You're right, it does say Bass Classifieds and there are no rules about first timers selling here. I would say that the majority of people on any forum are leery of people selling things without other experience on said forum. While I'm sure most are not scams, I'd rather not take the chance. But this isn't even the concern here. I even said it myself: if the guy wants to sell his worms, list them as a for sale thread.

The point is we don't like it when people use the site for the sole purpose of self advertising. And as I said before, if someone gets to be a regular helpful and respectful contributor to the site, they won't need to advertise here because we'll be happy to buy their product as long as it's a good one. But as it stands, the OP might as well be spam.

I believe that's the third time I've explained this and will be the last. If you still don't get what I'm saying, reread my now three posts here until you do.

BB
Old 08-07-12, 09:39 AM   #16
Top Tiger

I guess we'll wait and see.
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 01:00 PM   #17
chevy5099

WOW. I did not think it will go this far with this post. I am sorry if anyone did not like me to post this worms on here. I did not see spending alot of $$$$ for advertising if no one would think of buying any. I wanted to see if they were interesting to buy first. Thanks Vegasspider I could not say it any better how I feel when I posted that report on the worms.
To : Bigbassin144. I see your point also. and I am very sorry if you think I insulted member MississippiBay. if Mississippibay had anything on he's mind he could of PM me of it but he wanted to show everyone on this post its spam. Its not Spam, We work very hard on making this worms, You can see by our web site and how long it took making those vidoes. and at $3.25 for a pack is not getting rich on it. We make this product in our basement. We just wanted to share a good product to everyone. Look at the Pro's on tv. They push allot of new products every year and they are not all good and some cost allot of money.
By the way, BigBassin144. I also checked your web site out and I liked your jigs. If you did not write anything bad about our product I would of never seen your profile and your web address. You should of wrote a post about your lures you make they look good.
We just posted the product and if anyone was interested they are welcome to go to our web site and buy some we did not push it on any one.
BigBassin144, when you said....He has some nice worms....I said he, because its just not him that makes them. Its Me and He there are two people here.
and I did think I put this on the Bass Classifieds RIGHT ? Or was it not ?
Like Vegasspider said, If you and Mississippibay did not like use posted our worms then you could of just went by it with out posting anything and click on a new post. Would you like if I say anything bad about anyone posts on here ? No, well why should anyone say anything bad to use.
Look its a good worm and you all went to the web site and seen it float. Thats stop all this bad talking and move on.
By the way, I am a bad speller also do not think I am a spam person...LOL
Old 08-07-12, 01:03 PM   #18
chevy5099

Default Flaoting worms

Quote:
Pretty neat stuff, do you have it without the ribbon tail? Being that I have full blown monkey illness I might just give it a try. Thanks for posting it.
You want it like a thin dropshot worms. Like a neddle worm ? We do not as of now. I would say you can cut the curiltail off and make a v cut at the end of the worm for now. We did not think allot of guys wanted the needle worms. We are founding out guys like the 10" worms.
Old 08-07-12, 01:55 PM   #19
chevy5099

[QUOTE=kennethdaysale;387791]Chevy like Vegas I'm no marketing expert and like the other posters here I percieve your post to be spam or at least spam-like. You may end up being a regular here and liked and trusted by everyone.........who knows? If not, the following blue post would have been a better way(template) to go here and a better way to go on one of the many other forums of this type.

Why dos your profile say you live in SC but on this post you live in Boomtown NJ ? and your profile says you are allot older then 25 years old. Am I reading it wrong ?
Old 08-07-12, 01:58 PM   #20
chevy5099

Quote:

Thanks Guys! Randy G.

Ps Great site!
By the way, There is no Boomtown NJ in NJ. Whats up with this ?
Old 08-07-12, 02:14 PM   #21
MO_CPA

[QUOTE=chevy5099;387864]
Quote:

Why dos your profile say you live in SC but on this post you live in Boomtown NJ ? and your profile says you are allot older then 25 years old. Am I reading it wrong ?
Chevy, he was giving you an example on how he believed you may have been more effective in posting your worms.
Old 08-07-12, 02:53 PM   #22
chevy5099

[QUOTE=MO_CPA;387866]
Quote:

Chevy, he was giving you an example on how he believed you may have been more effective in posting your worms.
I see, Thank you MO-CPA for clearing that up for me. Thanks
Old 08-07-12, 02:57 PM   #23
chevy5099

To kennethdaysale
Sorry I took that the wrong way. Mo-CPA cleared that up for me and told me what you might.
Old 08-07-12, 02:58 PM   #24
MO_CPA

[QUOTE=chevy5099;387871]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO_CPA View Post

I see, Thank you MO-CPA for clearing that up for me. Thanks
Not a problem, Chevy. I think if you stick around for a while you will find that there are some stand up people on here that know a ton about fishing and might find interest in your product. We have had a good heap of SPAM recently so it has everyone up in arms a little.
Old 08-07-12, 04:01 PM   #25
joedog

Default chevy5099

I agree with almost every post in this thread, maybe even everyone.
My input.

The posts on this addressing the dos and don'ts on selling here are truely what is expected here. There are some who trust everyone and will check almost every sale item regardless of how long or how much you chit chat some may check it out to see what thier competitions doing.

Bottom line is there was absolutly no way you could have been aware of this.
But the members know you don't know and thats why they are happy to let you know whats expected.

Now your first response to Miss., you handeled kind of poorly.
But you did let things settle a little and you came back with good reponses and from what I see answered every individuals questions and thoughts very nicely.
The site has a knew member, I believe his name is jackass, but I could be wrong. Anyway he's been spaming the he^^ out of the site and your timing was, well kind of bad.
Again there's noway for you to know or perdict the response.

Now ya got 25 hits or posts and only 8 are yours and those were to address concerns mostly. Again nice job handling this. Hey bad publicity sure beats none at all.
Do you fish and where and why?
Are you any good at fishing? (had to mess with you a little)
Are worms a go to or just since you've been making them?
What colors have been popular and you mentioned popular 10 in.
Tell me how you used to use brand or brands but you developed something better or as good but cheaper and why.

Now I read everything but like most, you got to earn my busines!
Seriously seeing I feel you handled the original challenges well I'm thinking I just may....check out your web site.
Ya I don't waste time on 'newbies' 1st post websites as a rule.

Now a cheap way for you to get a 'good' word out about your worms is pick some these members and send them 2 or three and ask them to give a review. For the cost of a dozen stamps and what ever your manufacturing cost is you got great advertising at a great price,

Be fore warned...they are going to tell you good or bad and even share what they feel could improve them or maybe your next endeaver should be. The folks who so generously helped with instuctions are some long time posters....good starting point. Pm them, maybe they know a member who uses curly tail worms or 10 in. worms, or maybe they would happily give you thier thoughts.
Now lastly I don't use the curly tail worms so I'm not your target audience. I use stick worms and finesse worms on drop shot rigs.
Hey just an Idea and I look forward to hearing more about you and learn a thing or two!

Good luck and stick around!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.