Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 09-14-12, 07:00 AM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 41 degrees

I think I may have missed the fall feeding frenzy.
Ya yesterday 85 degrees, this mornig 41 degrees.

You anglers know how easily confussed I am. So is this a cold front situation or a fall feeding trigger or should I get the ICE POLES out?
Old 09-14-12, 07:31 AM   #2
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

It has not gotten that low here yet in South Central KY but supposed to be close next week. I sure do hope it triggers the fall frenzy! I am keeping my fingers crossed anyway. I may have to bundle up like a snowman to start the day, but I won't complain, I promise!
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-12, 07:46 AM   #3
bassboogieman

Just last week we were complaining about the heat.

I'M LOVIN' this change of weather - BRING IT, now maybe the fishing will pick up. I totally enjoy the cool, crisp mornings of fall. Mist on the water. Bass looking to fatten up for winter - or am I thinking of bears?

I much prefer cooler weather to warm. It's far easier to keep comfortable with a light jacket or sweatshirt that can be removed when it warms up or worn if it cools down. I HATE HOT WEATHER, you cannot remove enough clothing to cool down - fishing NAKID is frowned upon. Cool weather allows layering and you can keep comfortable. Nothing is more detremental to ME getting on the water than temps in the 90's with high humidity, sweat running in my eyes, clothing soaked with perspiration it's so UN-comfortable. So quit you're complaning and rejoice, the second prime fishing time of the year is arriving.

You didn't miss it, and FYI you don't need the ice fishing equipment until it drops below 32 degrees and stays there awhile, that will be another 5 - 6 weeks for most of us. Oh, the other bennifit of frost - kills the ticks - not a big deal for us boaters, but you bank guys should be very happy. Speaking of being a BANKER, how 'bout a loan? These insurance deductibles are killing me.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-12, 08:06 AM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

lol, sorry bruce...hate to dissapoint oyu but i PERFER the heat to the icey cold of winter.

temps are supposed to drop here next week as well. seems like we go from the hottest of summers directly to winter these days.

i think i am done for as far as fishing for this year. just life i tell myself. but the way things are going round here, i would be better off packing it up and watining till spring. every time i think i got things going....something else breaks. so i am going to jsut regroup and get some things done around here and hope for the best next year.
Old 09-14-12, 08:23 AM   #5
lilmule

Killjoy they were talking about fall,not winter,some crispy morning here warm afternoons,no white stuff lol.
Punkin pie,turkey some color to the leaves and frost not snow.
Or did you guys look at frost an call it snow since never seen any.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-12, 08:47 AM   #6
joedog

I'm no 'coldbasser' in Canada but Wisconsin can have very 'cool' winters.
I don't do air conditioning so I can spend my money with the MONKEY.
I don't ice fish anymore. What would make me think that if I can't catch fish using the WHOLE body of water, why would I think my luck would be better fishing through a hole in the ice.

I'm thinking of trying some catch and release duck hunting. The geese will have to die but a Mallard.....pretty nice looking bird! But homemade Pekin Duck is so good.
I'm going to have to think this through and the Temp is now 43, no appointments scheduled so I"M GOING FISHING.

You anglers have the very best weekend you possible can, PLEASE.
Old 09-14-12, 11:06 AM   #7
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
I think I may have missed the fall feeding frenzy.
Ya yesterday 85 degrees, this mornig 41 degrees.

You anglers know how easily confussed I am. So is this a cold front situation or a fall feeding trigger or should I get the ICE POLES out?
We had a high of 97 here on Tuesday and it was 39 this morning when I headed out for the dog walk before work. Heading up to the "resort" in an hour. Let's hope there is some sort of feeding going on...and that it's not just me eating way too much good food up there (again)!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-12, 08:42 PM   #8
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Good luck at the resort! Hope you have a killer weekend.
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-12, 09:12 PM   #9
kennethdaysale

The water temps around here are dropping an average of 1 degree every three days and have been for over 2 weeks. Very exciting (even though I really enjoy summer fishing). Maybe we should have a discussion about the time of year when bass are at their highest BMI
Old 09-14-12, 11:04 PM   #10
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

You all must of pushed here your heat out this way! It was 94 on the coast today; I can't recall a time in the 10 or so years I've lived out here that it gets that hot on the coast. It's 8 at night and still hot as all get out here!
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.