Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 08-31-06, 07:04 PM   #1
Stumpknocker
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Stumpknocker
Default Help...Suzuki DT40 problem...

I have a DT 40 Suzuki oil injected, it sat for two or three years. I got it and gave it a tune up , got the old gas out and changed the lower unit oil. I had it running great on the trailer with a muff. I went out once a week to run it a minute and this last time . Now when I crank it I have to choke it and then it will only run with it choked. However it will not take the throttle. It will crank for 2 seconds with out the choke, but dies quickly, and won't take throttle that way either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Stumpknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-06, 09:06 PM   #2
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

i was having similar problems with my DT150..changed the fuel filter,didn't help,put new fuel lines and primer,nothing.turns out it was a fuel pump.replaced it and the other fuel pump went bad.replaced that f/pump and it runs like a champ.start with the simple things first.are your fuel line and primer bulb old?if so,just replace them.they aren't expensive.have you changed the fuel filter?if you haven't then just change it.if you still have the problem you will probably be looking at a fuel pump.if it has been sitting the diaphragm dries up and cracks,then you lose the vacuum to pull the fuel up.
in my situation i have 2 f/pumps and each pump has 2 diapragms in them.tried to rebuild one,but there were small nylon gaskets that went bad also.they are not available separately.so i had to get the pumps.
hope this helps.the pumps on mine were about $70 each.well worth it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.