Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-09, 01:07 AM   #26
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Fishn, Do you spray the whole lure, or just the hooks/eyelets?
Have you noticed any deterrent effect in doing this?--I can 't imagine the WD-40 tastes very good to the fish (I can smell the stuff 100 yards away).
The vote is still out for bass, but I have found that catfish will bite just as well, if not better with wd-40 on the bait, and it works good in salmon roe too, salmon are serious chemical junkies. I've seen times when the guy with wd-40 was getting 4 or 5 to one over all others, no difference with spot or technique, add wd-40 and the odds were even.
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-09, 04:58 PM   #27
robfad
BassFishin.Com Member

Let me see if I can help clear up some of the questions here. The reason the product is called Line & Lure is because it is to be used on both Line and lures. Line & Lure adds a anti corrosive coating to hooks and other metal parts of a bait it also adds a sun block to hard bait finishes that help them from fading. On soft baits it will help then from sticking, same idea for skirts. Many guys claim they feel their baits run truer and with less effort through cover.

As for the difference between Reel Magic and KVD Line & Lure, go to: http://lineandlure.com/info/thedifference/ for the complete story on how different the 2 products really are. Also check out the will it burn video at: http://lineandlure.com/media/videos/...c_Will_It_Burn. I hope this help answer your questions.
robfad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 01:50 AM   #28
S4il
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I just bought some down at KY for the Tournament, was using reel magic, and i like the KVD stuff better, it soaks into the line, while the reel magic seemed to just cover the surface of the line on your spool, not saying Reel magic didnt work, but Kvd's seems to have more of a affect and last longer IMO
Old 05-21-09, 05:29 AM   #29
dodgeguy
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
I have noticed that it is easier to clean my rod and guides if I regularly spray it down with the conditioner. As far as the WD-40, the website says it is good for lures and I have had about the same amount of luck with or without using it. However, I do not use it on my soft plastics.
it pollutes the water!!!
Old 05-28-09, 11:54 PM   #30
hookset on 3

Line & Lure + Yo-Zuri Hybrid= The strongest, smoothest casting line I've ever used!
Give it a try.

Hookset on 3
Old 05-29-09, 07:42 AM   #31
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Fishn, Do you spray the whole lure, or just the hooks/eyelets?
Have you noticed any deterrent effect in doing this?--I can 't imagine the WD-40 tastes very good to the fish (I can smell the stuff 100 yards away).
Actually WD-40 has been used up north to cover up human scent on salmon plugs.

And yeah, it's probably not very good to be in the water, but I don't think it's anything to worry about unless everyone starts doing it.

BB
Old 06-01-09, 06:21 PM   #32
BERKLEY83

Yeah i have used both i like the kvd. But like the way you can spray reel magic. i wish the line and lure company would come out with an aresol can.
BERKLEY83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.