Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 09-05-12, 11:13 AM   #1
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

Default New Revo's

New Revo's are here in the store; I have Revo Winch 5.4.1.in right hand, Revo STX 6.4.1 Left hand, Revo SX right and left hand 6.4.1, and Revo SX's 7.1.1 in right hand. Others will be here when they are back in stock. But I think I'm the first to have them in so come get by and check them out. They are all smooth and lighter than the other Revo's

Thanks guys,

Matt
matt3mckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12, 06:41 PM   #2
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

whats the price on the STX?
Old 09-06-12, 08:50 AM   #3
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

The prices are supposed to be wrapped on all the new revo's "meaning I'm not supposed to change them and they are the same everywhere"
Revo Premier- $299.99
Revo STX- $ 199.99
Revo SX- $ 159.99
Revo S- $ 129.99
Revo Winch- $ 199.99
Revo Inshore- $ 249.99

And if anyone wants one I'll do free shipping on them as well
Old 09-06-12, 12:16 PM   #4
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt3mckee View Post
The prices are supposed to be wrapped on all the new revo's "meaning I'm not supposed to change them and they are the same everywhere"
Revo Premier- $299.99
Revo STX- $ 199.99
Revo SX- $ 159.99
Revo S- $ 129.99
Revo Winch- $ 199.99
Revo Inshore- $ 249.99

And if anyone wants one I'll do free shipping on them as well
Matt I respect your integrity, but I am sure you have noticed others that are not holding themselves to the same high standard. Good luck with your sales.
Old 09-06-12, 07:43 PM   #5
aikenyounggun

I'll point out tavery that he is talking about the new generation 3 Revos. Tacklewarehouse does have the older Revos for sale. But the newest Revos are the same prices he posted. Just wanted to clear that up.

I haven't checked other retailers for prices, but they are so new, I would expect his claim to be fairly accurate. Not trying to cause a fight, just wanted to present a fact that is relatively unknown. They do have a slightly new look.
Old 09-06-12, 09:38 PM   #6
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
I'll point out tavery that he is talking about the new generation 3 Revos. Tacklewarehouse does have the older Revos for sale. But the newest Revos are the same prices he posted. Just wanted to clear that up.

I haven't checked other retailers for prices, but they are so new, I would expect his claim to be fairly accurate. Not trying to cause a fight, just wanted to present a fact that is relatively unknown. They do have a slightly new look.
I'm confused, what is the relatively unknown fact? If you can't easily find the Revo STX 2013 for about $165 and free shipping then you may want to check out this relatively unknown site called EBAY.
Old 09-06-12, 10:39 PM   #7
aikenyounggun

Liscensed Retailer. eBay is private sales and therefore does not have a contract with Abu Garcia or pure fishing (who owns Abu and countless other brands).

Not saying you can't get a better deal, but new, from a licensed retailer, seems like the right price in comparison.
Old 09-06-12, 11:06 PM   #8
Tavery5

Quote:
Liscensed Retailer. eBay is private sales and therefore does not have a contract with Abu Garcia or pure fishing (who owns Abu and countless other brands).

Not saying you can't get a better deal, but new, from a licensed retailer, seems like the right price in comparison.

If it makes you feel better to spend an extra $35 dollars to know it come from a licensed retailer, I say go for it.
Old 09-07-12, 07:29 AM   #9
aikenyounggun

I was simply explaining Matt's statement.

There are ways to get them cheaper than eBay to, there is always ways to get things cheaper. But many people still buy from store retailers. Have you ever bought anything from BPS?
Old 09-07-12, 08:51 AM   #10
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

I put on my facebook page an MGX for some money off about a month ago, I got a phone call from Pure Fishing that day telling me to take it down and never to do that again or I would not be allowed to sell Pure Fishing products any more and they would be watching me to make sure I didn't hurt their brand by lowering their prices. Really makes me mad and I really wish they would cap the Ebay stuff or make it where I can sell it at that cost and make something on it. Example from the Revo's and the first day I got them in. And I'll be very open about this, the wrap on these reels doesn't allow me to make much on them to begin with I pay a little less than $120 for the SX "right around a 25-30% markup not much but thats what they are told be sold at". I got a facebook message and someone asked if I could match Ebay I looked and saw them for 142. I told him I was supposed to do that but would give him $20 store credit bringing it down to that price range becasue he wanted multiple reels. He then came back and told me there is a certain guy on Ebay that every once in a while sells them at $119 dollars. I get a phone call and threatened by Pure Fishin if I were to do that. I really makes me mad and I wish they would go threw Ebay and find the people doing this and do something to them as opposed to me getting screwed over by them. Sorry to vent but this is the 3rd or 4th time I've had this exact thing and it's very frustrating. But it is what it is and I just wanted to give you guys background on why I made sure to say they were a set price and all. Thanks everyone who has helped me out and if anyone does need anything as I have done with everyone else i will beat Tacklewarehouse on their price for anything you guys need. Thanks again erveryone
Matt
Old 09-07-12, 10:35 AM   #11
joedog

Matt I really do not envey your position.
Originally I was told wraps were in place to protect the buyer...ya right.
Then a few years back I was told it was to protect the seller...ya right.
Back in the day most top line manufacturers had some form of 'WRAP' on espicially top end poles and reels. (Croix, Loomis I think Carrot sticks still do it that way) And I'm sure there are alot more.
Matt in no way am I saying I know anything about your business.
But I do know that the tackle business is not what people think it is.

I was talking with the manager at Gander and giving him a hard time about giving me a heads up on when they were going to run thier fall clearance on fishing tackle. He smiled and walked me over to the real display case. He showed me 4 reels that he has packed away and brought back out that are MORE than three years old. All four were over $200 apiece. I asked him what he'd sell one of those for and his reply was retail.
I then asked him how long the fishing lines have been stocked and he said there are some in HIS store that is over 5 years old. If the manufacturer doesn't change packaging he said they will stock and sell it at retail....for ever.
With the internet and the ability to drop ship you hard working, honest, tax paying employee generating small businessmen are SREWED!
I know alot more FORMER baitshop and tackle shop owners then current owners. That in itself says alot.
Even more the amount and variety of equipment has made it literally impossible for a smaller shop to stock. Heck they are probably in the drawing room already planning changes to the 'Revo' line.
I admire your honesty and integrety.

Also feel very strongly that Tavery feels the same.
We anglers have been FORCED to buy on the internet. Hence it's where the vast majority of us start. If your shop was in my town you would certainly earn my business and I believe Toney's too.
But for he and I, buying from you is exactly the same as any other internet purchase. We want cheapest, quickest and a ton of support and great customer service plus free shipping. Not asking for much am I.
I think you are very much in line with your forced pricing and Toney, I don't feel meant anything personally.
He was just stating facts.
Matt what you have shared about your businesss, your ethics and your love of business associated with a personal passion come through very clear.
You should be proud and from all the promoting and functions you do your success will be sure to grow.
I have not yet purchased anything from you but I'm not comfortable 'raping' friends on my purchases but you will get some of my business.
I almost called you on caffene shads but I found them for 3.65 from a smaller outfit like yours out of Ark.
PM me if you think the price could be better through you. gander blew them out this year for $3 so I got kinda spoiled.
Keep up the great work Matt and Toney I always look to you for the heads up on new tackle and great pricing, THANKS.
Old 09-07-12, 12:41 PM   #12
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks Joe, apprecaite it. And if you don't have someone local and want anything feel free to call and ask. I'll message you here in just a little bit, I have a few customers in here now but will very soon.

Matt
Old 09-07-12, 12:53 PM   #13
Shake n' Bake
BassFishin.Com Member

What about when Tackle Warehouse does their 15% off sales? You can get brand new 2013 Abu Garcia products for 15% off. How does that work?
Shake n' Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-12, 01:03 PM   #14
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm not sure I'll call my Pure Fishing Rep Tim and ask. Thanks for that casue I would like to know too lol
Old 09-07-12, 01:05 PM   #15
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

Looking at the questio now I would say it's a blanket sale and they aren't saying that it's off of this Abu Garcia product or that Zoom Lizard. Thats a guess though but would say thats what it is.
Old 09-07-12, 06:40 PM   #16
Tavery5

Quote:
I was simply explaining Matt's statement.

There are ways to get them cheaper than eBay to, there is always ways to get things cheaper. But many people still buy from store retailers. Have you ever bought anything from BPS?

Yes, but I usually wait until it is on sale.
Old 09-07-12, 06:56 PM   #17
Tavery5

Matt, I certainly meant no disrespect, I have owned and operated my own retail shop and can appreciate what you are saying.

I did a search on line for Revo STX 2013 and got 11,800 hits, my question is what are you doing to make yourself different or more successful than these other retailers?

You are obviously a smart guy and I am sure that if you put a little thought into it you can figure a way that allows you to make a little money and still offer a potential customer a better than full retail deal. This is just my .02.
Old 09-08-12, 06:09 PM   #18
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Just checked Ebay and one of the first listings for 2013 STX was a dealer selling them for $177 with free shipping. I don;t know how so many dealers get around the MSRP price without getting in trouble from the manufacturer, but the fact is, there are a bunch of dealers that sell at a discount price and you still get a valid reciept and warranty card. The site I checked is the ebay store of an actual brick and mortor sporting goods store in business since 1950. So, when you buy from Ebay dealers, not individuals, you can get the same great service as you can from any online dealer but you can also get a discount that just might make the purchase affordable.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 09:59 AM   #19
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

Sorry i've been away lol thats my fault. I have talked to my Pure Fishing Rep about alot of this and "Pro Reel" Pure Fishing is trying to manage Ebay specifically and try to find out who exactly is on Ebay and other places selling the products like they are. Tavery I know you don't mean anythign disrespectful at all. I'm working on things to do to set apart but online where it's "visible" I can't say anything else other than what I have said, the price is wrapped and thats what it is ect.... I accomadate and do what I can for people when they order from me. Otherwise why would someone from KS order from em. I understand that and have been accomadating to any who have asked. Now can I do $70 off a reel with free shipping, no I can't I don't make that much on them but I can beat advertised prices from TW and places like that and have the best customer service I can have, and most importantly if I tell you I'm going to do something I'm going to do it and if I can't I'm going to tell you. I have found out since I opened the store if you don't ask you don't know the answer. Anyone needs anything just ask and I promise I will be honest and do you or anyone else the best I can. Thanks again to everyone.

Matt
Old 09-11-12, 06:44 PM   #20
MIbasser

Matt I think it's great what you are doing and trying to help out. Start small and work your way up.

I have seen it a 1000 times with fixed pricing. It sucks. I know a local golf store that has its license from Callaway and Titleist pulled every year. But, they sell out of the clubs they ordered. So what happens, they ask for the license back the next year and the same thing happens. They sell too much not to have them as a distributor. Just as TW does the 15-20% off, if all the manufacturers started pulling away they would loose way too much business. Good luck and keep pounding away at the boards!
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.