Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-20-09, 08:15 PM   #26
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

My opinion on river fishing :best done from the bank.

You will never get me onto a moving body of water without a second source of "get home" power. No kicker?, no river fishing.

Just today there's a news story where they're dragging the river for some poor sap fisherman who fell overboard and drowned. The Ohio is dangerous.

Ironically, that is why I'm on this website. The local chapter of Bassmasters refuses to fish Indiana Lakes. They are based in Evansville, IN, yet they fish Kentucky Lakes and the Ohio River, almost exclusively. All because they resent paying the $20 DNR Lake Launch fee. Can you believe that? They'd rather spend the extra $500 of gas a year driving out of their way to save that $20. Smart.
Old 07-20-09, 10:05 PM   #27
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

haha yeah me and SBK go out and kill em on different stuff, i would hate to have a log on different stuff

we have killed em on a bunch of different stuff all year
Old 07-20-09, 10:06 PM   #28
WatterBoy

99 bass so far this year (62 from boat, 37 from dock/shore):
44% - 7" Yamasenko (Wacky-rigged -- 34 using watermelon w/ red flake; 10 using black w/ lg blue flake)
18% - Rebel P-65 Magnum Pop-R (Ol' Bass color)
14% - Spro Bronzeye Poppin' Frog (Leopard color)
11% - Buzzbait
7% - "other" lures
5% - yellow phat rat
I just started using a Pop-R for the first time ever a few weeks ago and it's been an amazing producer for me already -- 3 of my 4 SM on it, two of which were 3lb 11oz and 3lb 12oz.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-09, 09:26 PM   #29
rangerryan
BassFishin.Com Active Member

40% soft plastics
25% jig
20% crank bait
5% shakey head
8% spinnerbait
2% buzz bait

the funny thing is, is that i havnt caught a lot of fish on a spinnerbait and it is my favorite thing to throw. on the other hand a jig is my least favorite but it has produced a ton of big fish. this year. soft plastics are always my go to when i cant get a bite. so that is the reason for such big numbers of fish caught on soft plastics.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-09, 09:46 PM   #30
RandyHolt
BassFishin.Com Member

40% Tex-posed Senko
30% Tex-posed 8" Zoom Lizard
10% Wacky Senko
10% Booyah Jig
5% Yum Dinger 4"
5% Spinnerbait / Crankbait bait

About 40 total
RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 05:04 PM   #31
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I don't keep a running total of number of bass I have caught this year, but I would say 150-200 range. 80% on a c-rig with a baby brush hog, 15% on a crankbait and 5% on a jig. By the way that last 5 percent on a jig has occured on my last three trips. My jig percentage will increase before the end of the year, I think.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 10:19 PM   #32
wibassmaster
BassFishin.Com Member

I dont know how you guys count your bass.. I have caught too many to count!
Old 07-23-09, 10:31 PM   #33
jooleyen

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

Hey wibassmaster. I just saw your first post, and I wanted to say finally someone from right around here! I'm out in Waukesha.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 09:05 AM   #34
wibassmaster
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey, I was wondering too when I saw that you were from WI too.. Janesville here, I fish Whitewater lake,the Mad Chain, Delavan and some lakes around Janesville. What about you ?
Old 07-24-09, 09:24 AM   #35
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Ironically, that is why I'm on this website. The local chapter of Bassmasters refuses to fish Indiana Lakes. They are based in Evansville, IN, yet they fish Kentucky Lakes and the Ohio River, almost exclusively. All because they resent paying the $20 DNR Lake Launch fee. Can you believe that? They'd rather spend the extra $500 of gas a year driving out of their way to save that $20. Smart.
I wouldn't consider this a bad thing, I have seen lakes go from great fishing to very poor in just one season because the state was too lenient in giving out tournament permits. This year for instance we have a lake that pulled 8 tournaments, two of which pull 75 boats. I'm not sure how this happened, but it's definitely going to impact the fishing.
Old 07-25-09, 10:38 PM   #36
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfish320 View Post
I wouldn't consider this a bad thing, I have seen lakes go from great fishing to very poor in just one season because the state was too lenient in giving out tournament permits. This year for instance we have a lake that pulled 8 tournaments, two of which pull 75 boats. I'm not sure how this happened, but it's definitely going to impact the fishing.
I'm not talking about tournament permits...I'm talking about the $20 boat launch sticker. A once a year fee. And the tournaments I'm talking about are just local club tournaments...probably 10-12 guys. Either way, after looking at the madness today when FLW blew into Patoka, I'm not really enthused about tournaments in general. I'm not saying FLW did anything wrong...I just don't like the chaos of 100 boats all crammed into the launch area like a bunch of piglets sucking on a sow. Fishing was always more of a relaxing thing to me...not a competition. To each his own, just my personal take on it.
Old 07-25-09, 10:58 PM   #37
WTL

%45 Crankbait
%55 Spinnerbait
%14 Topwater
%13.325 Flipping
%30 Soft Plastic

It took a lot of calculations to arrive at the figures but I promise they are accurate.
Old 07-25-09, 11:11 PM   #38
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
%45 Crankbait
%55 Spinnerbait
%14 Topwater
%13.325 Flipping
%30 Soft Plastic

It took a lot of calculations to arrive at the figures but I promise they are accurate.
I think WTL is just trying to cover for the fact that he's a political science idiot-savant. He can discuss the subtle intricacies of the Adams-Madison feud, the sledgehammer-like Jacksonian domestic policy, and the ongoing ramifications of Roosevelt's New Deal, but he can't do math.

It's okay Brother Love...you shouldn't be ashamed. It's not your fault they don't teach hard science in school any more.
Old 07-25-09, 11:27 PM   #39
WTL

Just the type of condescending, self congratulatory, egotistical and vain post I would expect from myself, bryce. Good job, you ivory tower, ball point pen crunching engineer. Now go find some way to needlessly complicate something mechanical.
Old 07-25-09, 11:43 PM   #40
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Just the type of condescending, self congratulatory, egotistical and vain post I would expect from myself, bryce. Good job, you ivory tower, ball point pen crunching engineer. Now go find some way to needlessly complicate something mechanical.
I'm still working on a inventing a means to power automobiles off of good intentions. Does that count?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.