Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-06, 09:44 PM   #1
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Zooker

I went to west river yesterday.I have been avoiding the placed since I nearly drowned there a few years ago, but heres how it went. I got to Naples, and the road to the launch was closed, skated around the barrier to let local traffic through, got to the launch alright. I untrailered the boat, the motor wouldn't start, so I tried to drop the trolling motor and the release system busted on the trolling motor. I used a battery hold down bolt out of the car to lock the trolling motor from swinging freely in the bracket as it did when stepping on the pedal.Got out in the creek I caught a 3 lber on the third flip to a stump.I caught 4 more decent fish within 30 feet from the first fish and these 2 idiots in a Triton powered down to where I was and told me that stretch was their spot, I told them Bullsh!t, but go ahead, but your not going to catch sh!t anyways if they haven't caught any by now.I tried to start the motor and nothing but clicking noise where I ran the battery down trying to start it earlier.I ran the trolling motor on high up to where they were and started catching fish where they couldn't. A guy in a Ranger trolled over and asked me what the hell kind of bait I was using and I showed him, gave him a few of the baby paca craws, because he didn't have any.He started catching fish and we went up through I fished the right side behind his boat as he fished the left side .I had to dig in the tackle pack to get more paca craws, while the guy held the 2 boats together. The triton idiots powered by us and dropped the trolling motor 10 ft in front of our boats and began fishing. I gave him 2 more packs of baits and told him I am going down where I started from and he said he would follow me .I explained my motor wouldn't start and so he towed me back. we went through what baits I had left and as he was getting my rope cleated off to tow me back in to the launch, I hit the key and the damned motor started right up. We exchanged names and phone numbers to fish another day. There is something to the paca craw design when you have slow current, I used a 1/16 oz. tungstun weight on 17 lb mono line.I got side tracked , but does Larry have the baits made , or doesn't he own netbait. baits ? The second question is have you ever seen them offered in a 25, 50 , or 100 pack ? P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-06, 05:01 AM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

nope but they are as i said crack for bass they will bite them when nothing else works.. why? i have no clue. imo i don't ask why it works as long as it does..

zooker
Old 05-02-06, 09:19 PM   #3
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Zooker, I caught a 11" & a 14" waterdog on them as well.Put my Motorguide back on the boat. I didn't like Minnkota before and I anit liking them again.I cant buy the part that broke without buying the whole assembly.I guess it will have a milled aluminum peice instead of the original plastic parts.That old motorguide got alot more power for the same rating, its noisy as hell compared to the Minnkota though.Might be buying a Procraft. I got a neighbor with a 92 procraft , 150 XR6 Merc, 75 lb great white trolling motor for sale for $6,000.00. Who makes the great white trolling motor ? are they any good ?I took it to Keuka, it started and ran great, not real fast but it only tached out at 5100 rpm.Shouldn't it be up around 5500 ?The 92 year procrafts look like a tub, but Its beenkept in a heated garage,its been kept spotless, like hes a relative of the Texas lady here. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-06, 10:03 PM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

150 merc xr6 should run 58-59 hundred rpm bolted to the boat. 5100 mite mean the prop is to big check pitch..

i have caught ever thing from brim, jacks,striper and crappie on them -have yet to catch a cat fish on them- and bass by the bus loads.. these are the new senko baits. even for me with tons of connetions across the country have a hard time getting the "right " colors.. the claws like to rip off but till there is no claw left they still work..
last year during a tourny my partner used 4 packs and 4 rods in 8 hours.. we tryed aswitching to beavers but we had a monster paca bite going..

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.