Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 12-15-08, 04:04 PM   #176
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

all of a sudden the overpriced segway looks appealing
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-08, 06:40 PM   #177
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i plan on haulin the stratos...

thats me and one more..

zooker
Old 12-16-08, 07:31 PM   #178
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Heck YES!!!!!

Count me in for this one guys. I know I haven't been around in along time, just been working on a band ect. trying to get things rolling but as always this is a bump in the road (band) messes things up....anyhoo. I think this would be a blast, and I would love to meet alot of you guys... I just like meeting new people.... New friends+bass fishing+beer+camping+ bonfire =
a blast to me. I have never been to this lake but JB rave's about it so it must be killer. I have seen it on tv, looks sweet.
if any of you have a myspace page look me up cya Denny
www.myspace.com/dennydrums
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-08, 08:39 PM   #179
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Denny I'm also looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the gang.
Now if we can just get a weekend picked out, so that we can begin making our reservations.
I can confidently say that I'm gonna make the time for this trip. So what ever we decide is fine with me.
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-08, 11:24 PM   #180
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

So, I guess we can bring the boat, but it depends on a couple of things. And I don't know how well we'll be able to get around with the little 15hp motor. The good thing: We'd probably only get gas once for the weekend in it. If we bring it, we can probably fit one more person in. It's a bit tight, but we've done it before.

BB
Old 12-20-08, 07:01 AM   #181
WTL

BB, 25 used to be the biggest outboard you would ever see on a bass fishing boat. I have an effective range of only about 7 miles right now considering how scared I am of my engine breaking down, but even so 7 miles is ample for a fine lake like Kentucky lake.
Old 12-20-08, 09:39 AM   #182
zooker

i have the range of 47 miles on 6 gallon of gas. i likly won't have to fill up but once all week end..unless jb wants to run all over hells 1/2 acre..

zooker
Old 12-20-08, 04:12 PM   #183
WTL

I think unless the lake is super crowded (like Bassmaster tournament crowded) you wont have to drive far to find fish. People tend to drive their boats too much and fish too little. They understand the boating part better than the fishing part.
Old 12-20-08, 05:13 PM   #184
JB

I'll clue ya in ya dont have to run hardly at all to find fish..if you stick to the cove the camp grounds in you'd never fish it all in a weekend..
Theres a boy scout camp right across the cove we are in and its good fishing, maybe a 5 minute ride...theres tons of marked brush piles, if you by a map and also theres tons of houses, rip rap and natural stuff in big bear.
Now, if you want to cross the lake and fish all natural coves, no houses, they all have giant boulders in the front and pea gravel, then pretty good fishing.
Theres also a gravel pit attached to either Johanthen or Duncun cove, I forget the name but know where its at.
Another hot spot if ya want to run 45 minutes is blood river, ya have to hug the right side getting in but once in there all dragon back points to fish..
Tony and me made the run and had 4.5-6 lb fish all day.
If its raining tho it become mud red in a heart beat.
Also when you leave big bear and just go towards Moors, the next cove/resort, there's some really good water inbetween them...
I once was roguing and snagged a 4ft long carp that took the boat for a few turns before I spooled out..we caught up with it and i got my line reeled back in, netted ol sugar lips and got my trebles out of its belly where
I snagged it..
Also in moors is a big barge that is parked there with a sea wall, good fishing with tubes and a place to stay out of the wind.
One towards the back banks of Big Bear, is some great fishing, all sorts of stuff in the water to work over.
A lot of docks and houses, ramps..and also a lot of natural areas with no houses.
You can cross the lake and never see a house anywhere if you want to go that route, go out to the mouth of each cove and big bear, easy to get to, not far at all.
In my old bass club we had all rangers back in the 90's and none of us used much gas unless we went to blood river, or down south to the big bride..
A common pattern there if the water is up is to see if fish are in the back of the coves and you have to figure if they are holding on buck brush, are they out front or in the back..
On the other hand, if they are letting water down or its a drought you'll see the buck brush sitting dry on land and wish there were submerged LOL
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-08, 09:59 PM   #185
flfireman

Not official, but add me plus a boat. Can handle 2 additional in boat if needed. This really sounds like history in the making. Have we heard if the leader of Bassfishin.com has commited yet???? Need to work some finances and bribe the wife, but this could be a definate for me. Just did mapquest- 14 hours, 886 miles. Still sounding good. Maybe a hitchhiker could help defer some cost's?

Last edited by flfireman; 12-20-08 at 10:04 PM.
flfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-08, 01:21 AM   #186
bamabassman

hoseman, BRING YOUR WIFE AND KIDS WITH YOU!! this is a family event ok? my better half is gonna be there and she DON'T want to be the only woman there. also c-rigs better half is coming too. BRING the entire FAMILY OK!?!?
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-08, 09:13 AM   #187
zooker

lil less than that for me hose holder.. pre map quest i get 9 hours 46 minutes, 593.19 miles one way..

get ahold of lizzy his been known to hitch hike..i'll inform him this afternoon..

btw guys you definatly want to get your reservation's in early may is the middle of GO TIME for at area...

zooker

Last edited by zooker; 12-21-08 at 09:26 AM.
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 04:51 PM   #188
flfireman

Kids are still in school, so that may not be possible. My teeneager doesn't deserve a vacation right now. Never thought about Lizzy......haven't heard from him in a while.
Old 12-23-08, 05:06 PM   #189
zooker

i tried callin just got his machine..

well lizzy only one of the members in fl ya know..

zooker
Old 12-25-08, 01:45 PM   #190
zooker

btw guys 1fastlaser says he may be in..he don't know yet. but i sent him the info..

would be great to get one fast rock smacker in the mix...

zooker
Old 12-25-08, 02:06 PM   #191
Bob Smith

Guys, I just checked the dates again and I may not be able to make it. I promised another guy that I would fish the McDonald's Big Bass Splash on Lake Guntersville with him. When I got my email from the organizers I saw that it was on the same dates! If for some reason he backs out, I may still make it.
Old 12-25-08, 03:41 PM   #192
zooker

so far we got definate goes from
brotha love
da moose
bama
jb
woody
denny
zooker
bb144-and dad
sippi boy
lo'rider
doc.
c-rig

possable
backlash
bassin bandit
hose holder
laser

if i missed ya pm me and i'll add ya..

oh man that right der has the makin of a great time.. seeing the most insane amongst us are on that list..

zooker

Last edited by zooker; 12-25-08 at 08:39 PM.
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.