Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 01-15-09, 07:03 PM   #126
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default When the day is done

JB got our spot locked in today...so that's awesome. it's right on the water, so when the day is done and you want to drink some brew, stand by the fire, and straight up trade stories and share some laughs your invited to Jb and I's camp site, and don't worry JB and myself are easy going and laid back drinker's. We don't sit in lawn chairs with wife beater's on and talk about the I.Q. of crickets and why our family tree has no branch's on it....lol. Yes I'm being silly. I'm very excited to meet you guys. cya Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 07:16 PM   #127
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Sounds like the perfect end to the day, Denny.
But if anybody pops open a cold one around the fire and says, "Guys, it just doesn't get any better than this," or "I love you, man," he's going in the water head first. No questions asked.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 09:32 PM   #128
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Lol

Got ya on that, I have the leg's......folowed by "You can swim...right?...LOL Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 09:47 PM   #129
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I just got my map of hot spots to fish ky lake and big bear resort along with johnaton creek are loaded with brush and fish attractants
I would imagine if the bass go to the back of the coves to spawn then afterwards they hit secondary points making their way out of the cove. Also I have read that the lake has a LOT more vegetation than it did ten years ago.
Spinnerbait and jigs or jerkbaits for early may, we'll see what its like in mid may.
I plan on fishing a lot of wood if the water level isn't up for buckbrush or that they simply arent on the brush anymore..
Traps over the marked brush piles is a pattern that Tony and me did well many times in bear creek.
Other coves across the lake like Smiths, Higgins, and many more are worth exploring, no houses , its all natural over there, but not so much fish attractor areas,
The lake has foundations in it, I see catfishermen hit them alot .
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-09, 12:19 PM   #130
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Mississippi,

You must be a Bulldog fan! I don't know about you but I am excited about the new football coach coming in. Cowbells are welcome in Kentucky. Well, as far as I am concerned. Others may not share the same views. Oh Well!
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-09, 01:11 PM   #131
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Everett, I was sad to see Croom go, I think he was doing his best to turn the program around. But I don't know much about the new guy, haven't really checked him out yet.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-09, 05:47 PM   #132
everettvet

All I know about this coach is 2 national championships, he has coached a Heisman trophy winner and runnerup and a QB as the number one pick in the NFL draft. That is a pretty good start. By the way, you will love the colors on my boat. Maroon and white!
Old 01-16-09, 08:58 PM   #133
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

sly IS a great coach. he was building the program the right way. ms messed up in my opion. they'll see in the long run. it'll take another 4 years to see what the new coach will do.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-09, 06:37 PM   #134
Kevin
Administrator

Bump (working on an "Official" Thread)
Old 01-20-09, 07:10 PM   #135
everettvet

Bama,
Sly is a great man and one that I am proud to say was the coach at State, but I think he had done what he could do. He brought that program upward from where it was. Now it is time to move up to the next level and be able to compete in the SEC year after year. Only time will tell if State made a good move. It will be fun watching!
Old 01-20-09, 07:12 PM   #136
Kevin
Administrator

Please refer to:

http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...ad.php?t=17971

For the remainder of the BassFishin.Com Member Event discussion.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.