Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 09-11-05, 05:40 PM   #1
LubbockFisher
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Jig color

I have been fishing a plya lake for last 4 months. Have caught many 2-3 lbers on white buzzers, white spinners and purple 11 inch weiaghtless triged worms. I bought a cuople jigs with rattles in them and am wondering what yalls opinion off best color to use. I bought white, black and a sortta brown and black one. Water clarity is about 3 feet and green bottom. TY for yalls help.
LubbockFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-05, 06:40 PM   #2
haynesn12
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to haynesn12

i have had alot of luck on strike king bitsy bug jigs in black and blue and on booyah swin'n jigs in black and blue
Old 09-11-05, 06:48 PM   #3
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Let the opinions roll. I personally do not think color matters more than fall rate or jig profile size.Of course I am not always correct. In saying that I will tell you that a brown craw pattern will out produce any other color of jig in the Fall season.I have cauught more fish on a Black/Red skirt combo colored skirt than any other color. Thats because I fish it 95% of the time. Black/Blue is said to be the best, but think outside of the box, blaze your own trail on color preference and maybe someday your color will be the most popular vote.contrast colors between jig skirt and trailer or match the colors, the fish will bite either or in most situations. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-05, 06:51 PM   #4
pig n jig

You can also use the search button to see posts made by others on the site. P N J
Old 09-11-05, 07:51 PM   #5
Curado
BassFishin.Com Active Member

In clear water I like greens and browns and in dirtier water I like darker colors like blue and black.
Old 09-12-05, 06:21 AM   #6
1FASTLASER

LOL I'll leave you alone this time PNJ.LOL
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-05, 07:24 PM   #7
pig n jig

Dang it Laser, Post something, How in the world am I going to learn anything new if you guys don't post ? We all are entitled to our opinions,don't be bashful now.I hope to fish with you guys one day and I will show you color ain't got sqyat to do with catching a fish. However a certain color may catch more fish on a certain lake, every color will catch bass if you give them a chance.Post them ideas, I want to learn something new for a change.By the way Laser you weren't wrong before, I just keep looking for that extra edge to put three or more fish in the boat than the other guy. P N J
Old 09-12-05, 07:43 PM   #8
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

laser bashfull? you joke sir. no pnj laser said he is making a special trip to nc just to show his favorite buddy-ME- how to fish a courtney hand crafted jig. though as early as he would show up here you just might see it come late june next year. but don't count on it.. i still suck with a jig.. give me a spinnerbait any day any condition i will wear you out with it..

belive you were asking for a case of rc cola and 3 boxes of moon pies right?

zooker
Old 09-12-05, 07:50 PM   #9
JB

I would say my bread and butter jig is 3/8 black and blue, followed by a 1/4 ounce green tube
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-05, 08:15 PM   #10
lizardsrule

Greenpumpkin, and Greenpumpkin. I also like camo, and roadkill, or some variation with GREENPUMPKIN in it LOL

Lizards
Old 09-13-05, 05:04 AM   #11
1FASTLASER

Hmmm........should I??? Nah
Old 09-13-05, 05:11 AM   #12
1FASTLASER

Oh what the h@#$. Yes PNJ I do hope we get the opportunity to fish together sometime or another. I will agree there are times that any color within reason will catch fish. But I inmho be it subconsious or what always seem to do better when I more closely match the color,weight, and trailer with conditions. Conditions being clear or stained,cool or hot. As I mentioned before me and a ole fishin bddy of mine have run what you might call tests and we came up with the conclusion that if you more closely match the color along with the other variables at hand that you will increase your catch rate. I have even gone to the extremes of trying to see what color the craws are so that I get REAL close to there color and or the baitfish I am trying to mimic. I'm sure that you have heard and/or tried the white swimmin jig. Now this is observations on my part and I might be missing part of the whole equation and If I am I sure do hope someone proves different so that I might become a better fisherman.
Old 09-13-05, 12:56 PM   #13
KH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
laser bashfull? you joke sir. no pnj laser said he is making a special trip to nc just to show his favorite buddy-ME- how to fish a courtney hand crafted jig. though as early as he would show up here you just might see it come late june next year. but don't count on it.. i still suck with a jig.. give me a spinnerbait any day any condition i will wear you out with it..

belive you were asking for a case of rc cola and 3 boxes of moon pies right?

zooker

yeah suck with a jig too i caught a couple on a red and white,and some on the black,blue.im not terrible with a spinnerbait,in just got to use it more.but anybody can lose to me with a pop-r and crankbait,cant be beat
Old 09-13-05, 01:02 PM   #14
Longworm
BassFishin.Com Member

Once you go Black(w/blue) youll never go back....Try the Bitsy Jig !!!!
Longworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 05:23 AM   #15
pig n jig

Laser, I personallu don,t buy into swimming a jig.Fish a s[innerbait if you want to do that. The jig is compact, built in weight to fish bottom or heavy cover.Insert a Venom jighead in a tube bait and it will spiral down on the fall like a dying minnow does which would be more effective than a jig would be. I think those Bassmaster magazine people have got to find something new to write about, therefore the swimming jig is another hot item right behind the dropshot rig. People in my area have used the perch rig (exactly like the drop shot rig)for longer than I have been alive. Name an old technique a new name and you have got the latest and greatest since sliced bread. P N J

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.