Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 10-15-12, 04:36 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Smile Now this is because this HAS happened to me,

plus I'm guessing this kid is related to Bama some how. (watch the end)

I posted this truly because I've snagged a duck this year and they are a real trick for CR techniques.
Plus I've snagged a goose a couple years back AND a water pigeon (seagull) mid flight of cast. This thing actually would fly when I'd get it close to boat and after original snag.
And the thing was VICIOUS, I'm talking extremely vicious during C&R.
Pecked and bit the crap out of my hands and arms.
At least the duck was calm and cooperative. I was so bumming for the thing I actually held and pet it for awhile.
Hey I'm not afraid to keep in touch with my feminine side!

Plus when I was a youngster we were fishing large chubs under those huge baseball size red and yellow bobbers ( you know the ones you see the little old lady on her fold out chair pan fishing with ) and we didn't use weight so the chubs could free swim around. When the chubs would die they would float up to surface usually not noticed because these chubs would really move around usually a ways a way from the starting spot.
This day no fish. None, not even a bite or run.
Getting ready to leave and saw my chub had died and floated to a bank like 20-30 yards away next to another bank....where a Crane just happened to be enjoying the day fishing too. I started to bring the bobber and chub back when the Crane decided it WANTED the chub.
Flew over and grabbed it mid flight off the top of the water and flew away with the bobber in TOW hanging down as it flew away.
I was so afraid of hurting it I just opened the bail and let it take line. Line finally came to the end and the slight jerk made the crane release it and down through the air came my bobber and chub back to earth.
I'll never forget it.

Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7fa8...eature=related
Old 10-15-12, 05:00 PM   #2
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

joe you quack me up

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.