Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 10-03-07, 11:51 AM   #26
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

A Carolina rig will or should get fish while other baits won't. Use dark colors, preferably "ring worms" or "tooth picks". (granted this in my opinion).
Had trouble with this rig due the fact that it's slow or it can be. In rocks or stumps hop the bait to keep from hanging up and with a clean bottum you may drag the bait. Strikes may be a slight pickup or may be a sudden pick up. Whatch your line, if you get a slight pick up it "may" move sideways or up or towards you. I have confidence with alot of different baits but when conditions get tough, I go with a C-rig.
Old 10-03-07, 07:57 PM   #27
elite64a
BassFishin.Com Member

I am stuck on the senko type baits weightless. Deadsticking or swimming back they always seem to produce. with a spinnerbait coming a close second. I use too be hooked on the topwater too but have gotten away fromit as of late.

I could definetly use the help in the jig and dropshot department.
elite64a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-07, 11:34 AM   #28
Charles E. White
BassFishin.Com Member

Default The Scum Frog

I guess I am the most confident with a plastic worm but my favorite thing to fish is very thick lily pads with a scum frog. I don't quite use it like most people I see, I fish it extremely slow. I throw out and let it sit. Then I barely twitch the end of my rod and it will move to the right or left. I try to keep it in the same place and twitch my rod tip again still trying to keep it in the same spot but it will move in the oppostie direction. Then after it sits for a few seconds, I barely move it so you can hardly see it move and that is when I get the most strikes. While I haven't fished a lot this year due to health reasons, a couple of years ago I caught over 50 bass over 5 pounds. Everyone at the lake would watch me fish and this year I noticed most of them had scum frogs

Anyway, try this technique in thick lily pads. I just move the frog to where I see even a drop of water through the pads and work that spot like mentioned above. It takes patience but it works.
Old 10-17-07, 06:23 AM   #29
fishing man
BassFishin.Com Member

rapala X-RAP in perch color. this is my favorite because it looks so realistic and it is versital, and derable.

now the lures i cant figure out are jigs,
fishing man is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.