Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-09, 12:47 PM   #51
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Never caught bass in spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, or the larger spook. The popper, which I love to work, has accounted for few bass but all have been at least 4 lbs and it seems to work best at only certain times of the year in my area.

What would be interesting is to note what lures have been most productive for us and what part of the country we're in.

That might give us a clue as to what bass might show a greater preference for in different parts of the country.
Old 08-13-09, 04:54 PM   #52
WaffleJaw

chatterbaits drive me nuts!!!....i love fishing em,but they never get any action=(
jitterbugs=nothing(although capt mike might have inspired me to re-try em)
c-rigs=nothing
but currently...nothing has been producing except t-rig's
even spinnerbaits have been weak
I just started throwing shakey heads this last weekend.....really like using it,we'll see if it works,lol
Old 08-13-09, 06:48 PM   #53
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
chatterbaits drive me nuts!!!....i love fishing em,but they never get any action=(
jitterbugs=nothing(although capt mike might have inspired me to re-try em)
c-rigs=nothing
but currently...nothing has been producing except t-rig's
even spinnerbaits have been weak
I just started throwing shakey heads this last weekend.....really like using it,we'll see if it works,lol
Hey Waffle, This probably wont help you much with the Chatterbait, but I've had very good luck with them. However, I seem to only be successful after iceout, while the water is still very cold. Once it warms past 55 degrees or so, the hits taper off on chatterbaits and pickup on spinnerbaits. I think the fact that the Chatterbait has very good action while being able to work it slowly makes it ideal for early season bass when they are still moving pretty slowly. Of course, iceout isn't an issure for you folks down in TX, but maybe give them a try durring your coldest months.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09, 10:11 PM   #54
fishin spro
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
i must fish totally different than you guys, bc the stuff you guys cant catch fish on i kill em on: zara spook, c-rig, rattle traps, buzzbaits .... heck i have never caught a fish on a popper because i a zara spook is my go to topwater (3 topwaters i throw: buzzbait, spook, frog)

one thing that i have actually thrown and disappointed me is craws like chiggercraws or speed craws, i have started throwin em recently and aint caught nothin on em
see that suprises me there...we fish in the same state and have luck on totally different things. lately my three go to baits have been a chigger craw, a popper, and a mag II or other big worms. and i hate a spook and a c rig.

but u fish clarks hill and murray mostly where that stuff kills, where i fish marion, moultrie, and fishing creek where my stuff kills.

guess it changes lake by lake.
Old 08-14-09, 09:48 AM   #55
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Hey Waffle, This probably wont help you much with the Chatterbait, but I've had very good luck with them. However, I seem to only be successful after iceout, while the water is still very cold. Once it warms past 55 degrees or so, the hits taper off on chatterbaits and pickup on spinnerbaits. I think the fact that the Chatterbait has very good action while being able to work it slowly makes it ideal for early season bass when they are still moving pretty slowly. Of course, iceout isn't an issure for you folks down in TX, but maybe give them a try durring your coldest months.

thanks Keith for the advice,ill give it a try when colder months come in...yea our winters here in TX havent been much at all over the last couple of years...we get icey roads for three days and that about it.lol......
last year,there were only a handful of days where i needed my heavy coat....everything else was just a zip up hoodie!
Old 08-14-09, 05:14 PM   #56
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

lol, a little ice on the road up here is long sleeve shirt weather.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.