Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-08, 01:02 PM   #26
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

well, the braggers here at work are usually making up for "shortness" in other depts LOL
maybe he needs a pill
click to enlarge

Click image for larger version

Name:	enzyte.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	2498
Old 07-24-08, 01:24 PM   #27
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I posted early this week Buzz about my new striper rigg. Only because i needed answers to my questions. Not one time in that thread did i say what i paid for it. Hell idid'nt even brag about it's gear ratio. I gave just small desription so people could see what i had. What i was using it for. So i have to say YES!!! Go see how long you last at BPs fourm. My suggestion watch out for a guy named Dewserb. He'll eat yaehh alive allot harder than we are.
Old 07-24-08, 01:55 PM   #28
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

he doesn't even have to go to the bps shark tank. go join ANY board and act the same way and i bet within a month he'll be getting smashed.

i've been a member here for exactly a year now, and i promise that the first thing i noticed was that this guy Lunker Lander (now buzz) was a know-it-all that felt the need to expel his beliefs on every single thread that hit the boards. heck just look at how fast he got his post count up since changing his name! that in itself should tell you something
Old 07-24-08, 03:09 PM   #29
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing
Default My last post...

Yes I am Danes dad (STG) and while workin' today I thought alot about all this drama. I concluded him leaving this site is the best for everyone. Your multiple posts confirm that. As I said yesterday, I have'nt reveiwed everything he has posted. I suppose he threw some negitive comments too, after the first punches were thrown.

I truly beleive his enthusiasm over his tackle was'nt a rubbing it in your face scenario. He did buy it with $ saved. I have told him to save vrs. spend, I guess I probably am at fault there. But he does work for his $. My job puts me in nasty crawl holes one day and 125*F. wood kilns the next, his help is worth every cent.

I guess in closing, my hope is this will be a life learning experience for Dane as well as myself. But as I also said yesterday I'M PROUD OF HIM! After all, alot of kids these days don't volunteer a week of their time to help others, or take it upon themself to donate a tackle bag to a board member whom got ripped off... STG
Old 07-24-08, 03:15 PM   #30
WTL

Thankyou. This will be best for everyone.
Old 07-24-08, 05:08 PM   #31
Lilmoosecountry

I beleive it after he has'nt post for like over a year or somthing. The other threat is a possible new BassFishin Profile. I won't believe until the fat lady sings.
Old 07-24-08, 09:59 PM   #32
Compromise
BassFishin.Com Member

Let me start out by saying that I've been lurking for a little over 7 months now, and have not joined this site because of this pointless drama going on between you guys. I will probably not post much after this either.

Now I don't know know how old any of you are, except Buzz Wing. But honestly, you are all acting like middle school girls. As my names suggests, you should compromise.

I don't think that Buzz Wing leaving the forum is the best solution. I know where you guys are coming from. Frankly, I can't tell if Buzz Wing is doing this now because he doesn't know better or just to make people mad, but Buzz Wing, it needs to stop. It's ok if you have a few questions about a rod or reel, but listing four or five different, and expensive combos, is too much. Reporting about how a product is, like you did with your Winch is ok once in a while, but don't do that too much either.

And everyone else, you guys need to grow up and ignore him. I've noticed people have tried this before, but when one person comments, it starts a chain reaction. I know that this makes you mad when he does this because you've told him multiple times to stop, but the best way to get him to stop is when he posts a "which rod next" post, NO ONE respond.

Dane, you seem like a smart kid who is very enthusiastic about fishing, and knows quite a bit, but try to refrain from posting things that will annoy other members. Ask yourself, "Will this make anyone mad if I post it?" before you post things. And if you're unsure, don't post it.

Before I leave, and most likely not come back, I'd like to applaude all those, especially the more senior members who have not, as others have put it, put fuel on the fire.
Old 07-25-08, 01:52 AM   #33
jooleyen

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

Quote:
Let me start out by saying that I've been lurking for a little over 7 months now, and have not joined this site because of this pointless drama going on between you guys. I will probably not post much after this either.
Really? You decided to join THIS thread with a post count of "1"? You must not be a fisherman to not ask any questions for 7 months....
Buzz, just be normal. Don't make a million posts with 2 words. Don't tell us about your amazing fishing trips without pictures (at least don't type up a whole story about it). Don't bring up your rods and reels. I don't care what equipment you use. I personally like high quality products, but I'm not constantly talking about them. Others like ugly stiks and thats fine.

I think you know what will piss everyone off and what won't. Just be a normal poster.

-Joolz
Old 07-25-08, 01:54 AM   #34
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromise View Post

Now I don't know know how old any of you are, except Buzz Wing. But honestly, you are all acting like middle school girls. As my names suggests, you should compromise.

I don't think that Buzz Wing leaving the forum is the best solution. I know where you guys are coming from. Frankly, I can't tell if Buzz Wing is doing this now because he doesn't know better or just to make people mad, but Buzz Wing, it needs to stop. It's ok if you have a few questions about a rod or reel, but listing four or five different, and expensive combos, is too much. Reporting about how a product is, like you did with your Winch is ok once in a while, but don't do that too much either.

And everyone else, you guys need to grow up and ignore him. I've noticed people have tried this before, but when one person comments, it starts a chain reaction. I know that this makes you mad when he does this because you've told him multiple times to stop, but the best way to get him to stop is when he posts a "which rod next" post, NO ONE respond.

Dane, you seem like a smart kid who is very enthusiastic about fishing, and knows quite a bit, but try to refrain from posting things that will annoy other members. Ask yourself, "Will this make anyone mad if I post it?" before you post things. And if you're unsure, don't post it.

Before I leave, and most likely not come back, I'd like to applaude all those, especially the more senior members who have not, as others have put it, put fuel on the fire.

i agree......i mean enough is enough. buzz, stop listing the entire bass pro catalog. and guys you all have made your point so lets get back to fishing.
Old 07-25-08, 08:41 AM   #35
Captmikestarrett

Arguing on the net is like the special olympics
Even if you win '
You are still retarded.

Capt Mike
Old 07-25-08, 08:46 AM   #36
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmikestarrett View Post
Even if you win '
You are still retarded.

Capt Mike
That's mean, yet at the same time pretty damn funny.

BB
Old 07-25-08, 08:48 AM   #37
BigBassin144

And I agree you guys, just stop, ALL of you. And if Buzzie decides to post another Which One Next posts, do as Compromise said and ingnore it.
Old 07-25-08, 09:13 AM   #38
JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmikestarrett View Post
Even if you win '
You are still retarded.

Capt Mike
nuff said cap'n rofl

Old 07-25-08, 09:22 AM   #39
Captmikestarrett

I have get out "PC jail" free card on that one..

Just that one folks.

Capt Mike
Old 07-25-08, 11:14 AM   #40
JB

I'll send ya a free complimentary get out of free card capn mike, "jus in case"

after all, I helped MJ "keep it together", i can help a fellow fisherman rofl

Old 07-25-08, 01:42 PM   #41
Lilmoosecountry

OK i'll be a good boy!!! I admit i was beating a dead dog. But there were many doing the same via a pm. Others told the kid what he needed to hear. Oh well he's gone letz fish!!!
Old 07-25-08, 01:48 PM   #42
rodman rat
BassFishin.Com Active Member

He will be BACK...... under a different profile. Must be nice to have all that $$$ and still be able to fish all the time. Where I come from to make $$$ must WORK 8 hours or more a day and still not enough to pay all the bills let alone have all that high $$ fishing stuff!!

Stopped coming around because kid had all the answers and I could not afford all the high $$ stuff.
Old 07-25-08, 01:51 PM   #43
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman rat View Post
He will be BACK...... under a different profile. Must be nice to have all that $$$ and still be able to fish all the time. Where I come from to make $$$ must WORK 8 hours or more a day and still not enough to pay all the bills let alone have all that fishing stuff!!
I hear that wife and i both work 40 plus hour a week and just barely make it .
Old 07-25-08, 02:27 PM   #44
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman rat View Post
Stopped coming around because kid had all the answers and I could not afford all the high $$ stuff.

Well welcome back. Don't be a stranger.
Old 07-25-08, 02:53 PM   #45
doc

Ill also be the first to admit I should have just overlooked it. When I first signed up he is the first person I noticed that posted everywhere, knew everything, and had everything. I hope I havn't had anyone form any negative opinions of me because of it. That being said, he had been pm'ed and asked nicely numerous times, and continued. It was time to eat our own.

I will try to refrain from being a tool in the future (no promises ).

doc
Old 07-25-08, 03:09 PM   #46
WTL

The brat deserved it.

You know its true.
Old 07-25-08, 03:34 PM   #47
rodman rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
The brat deserved it.

You know its true.

Got that one the head!! HAHA kill myself
Old 07-25-08, 03:38 PM   #48
Bmuskin

New here. I have been posting in the last couple of days. I must say this is entertaining reading. I have been following this one as it is so active. the kid sounds bored and yet obnoxious. I am curious did anyone actually meet him?
Old 07-25-08, 06:00 PM   #49
pignjig

Welcome back, rodman. You were missed...
Old 07-25-08, 08:27 PM   #50
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmuskin View Post
New here. I have been posting in the last couple of days. I must say this is entertaining reading. I have been following this one as it is so active. the kid sounds bored and yet obnoxious. I am curious did anyone actually meet him?
My dad and I have fished with him and his dad. A couple times actually. They are both very nice people, and Dane does not brag about his stuff while we're fishing or anything. I can understand why you guys are upset, but in my opinion, this has gotten way out of hand, and you guys went to far. I probably should have said something earlier, but regretfully, I did not. I know Dane has fished with Bender as well, maybe he will say something.

I have some very nice tackle as well, and my dad is simalar to Dane's. He knows he doesn't need fancy and expensive gear to catch fish, and he has proven that to me. But this is like, say, using YUM plastics instead of Zoom because you think they catch more fish. If someone thinks they can catch more fish on expensive gear, then so be it.

Take two pro's for example (even though they probably don't pay a dime for any of their tackle), Rick Clunn and Mike Iaconelli. Rick clunn fishing his BPS rods/reels exclusively (about a $150 dollar combo) while Mike Iaconelli uses Steezes and other $400+ rods and reels. My point is, yeah all the Which One Next posts are annoying, but Dane has the right to buy whatever he damn well pleases.

In all honesty, I think you all need to grow up. You guys are also causing this great site a bunch of negative publicity, for lack of a better term.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.