Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 05-22-09, 03:38 AM   #26
BassinBandit
BassFishin.Com Active Member

You know Kevin, You are the reason all of this has happened. We have all met new people and made great new friends. I cant wait till next year. I hope everyone can come.

And yes I do love Vegas. I try to know as much as possible :-D
Old 05-22-09, 06:02 AM   #27
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Just to inform everyone cause a couple people mentioned G'ville, we very casually discussed the subject of next year at the fish fry and the two most discussed possibilities were dale hollow and wilson/wheeler dam area. Guntersville, being a past location and a prime lake would be a fine place to consider as well. All 3 have sufficient accomodations at reasonable prices.

Its not time yet to start a thread on the matter, just let it roll around in yalls heads for a couple months and maybe once the season closes up north we will get serious.
Old 05-22-09, 06:22 AM   #28
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

So glad ya'll had a great time. In no way shape or form will I miss the next one.
Old 05-22-09, 01:09 PM   #29
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I had no idea that this group of people had never met before until I started reading the threads after the event. When I arrived on Saturday afternoon, I assumed that from the group interaction that everyone had known each other for a while. What an amazing group!
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-09, 08:12 PM   #30
Denny_K

Default Ditto

It's cool Kory, pregnant women have strange cravings......well heck my father in law use to eat peanut butter and banana sandwich's.....
heck I'm too lazy to put the jelly on...in less it's in a sqeeze bottle.

I just wanted to add something that kevin was saying about Jb oozzing
vacation. It's very true and Jb is always like that....really laid back.
When Jb and I started fishing together I was pretty green if you know what I mean . I had my ups and down and i would get a little worked up
and kinda go through the what about this and what about that...jb was always comforting...always and very calm when he would talk. and that would always bring my focas. Yeah I'm still learning about bass fishing and always will but the confidence that man has instilled in me as far as fishing is priceless. It doesn't get any better than Jb for a fishing buddy...the friendship and the laughs we have shared on my boat you can't buy.
One thing also Jb has some years on me....but one thing is very cool...we relate on all levels....down to earth.....okay I'm rambling now....in a nushell. In a way I kinda look at Jb as my fishing dad and my fishing buddy
He is what I wished my dad was. I thank God for all of your new friendships, best wishes. Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-09, 08:32 PM   #31
JB

Geez all these years I 've been trying to pass myself off as the older brother, damn this grey hair LOL
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-09, 08:36 PM   #32
MississippiBoy

Either way, JB, that was one hell of a compliment. Wish I'd gotten to talk to the both of you more last weekend.
Old 05-22-09, 09:36 PM   #33
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny_K View Post
......well heck my father in law use to eat peanut butter and banana sandwich's.....
Denny
Peanut butter and banana sandwichs are great. My wife likes mayo and banana sandwichs.
Old 05-22-09, 10:37 PM   #34
flfireman

All I can say is WOW! I feel even worse for having to cancel this year. Glad that everybody had a great time. WTL, we can always looks towards Georgia for next year. If not Toho, Kiss., even N Florida. Not sure where in Bama those lakes are at.
Old 05-22-09, 11:05 PM   #35
bamabassman

hose holder, those lakes are on the tenn river my friend. look at the northwest corner, close to florence i think. and do not feel guilty buddy, family does come first. we understand pal. we are still praying for you bud.
Old 05-23-09, 06:21 AM   #36
Denny_K

Default Lol

Gray hair...I thought those were pinstripes...
Percy Priest lake in Tenn. is were I want to go.....just an idea.
Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 02:53 PM   #37
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny_K View Post
Gray hair...I thought those were pinstripes...

it do look a bit like a wooly poodle crawled up der and died..

zooker
Old 05-23-09, 07:21 PM   #38
bamabassman

ROFLMAO ZOOKER. dats a goodun der man. poodle head jb, posum head zooker. what a pair huh?
Old 05-24-09, 11:37 AM   #39
JB

LOL, I've heard that poodle joke more than once, especially when my hair was a LOT longer, some army sarge I worked with liked to call me that among other nics

Just got off my bike and while I was riding I thought, man its been just one week since the big outing, still thinking of all that happened.
I got to spend some time talking to many around the campfire, and you could always here several convo's going in small groups at the campsite,
I got to talk to Billys dad one night, we talked about his service in Vietnam and what he did, what he went through, plus a soldiers point of view of what really happened, then he went to explain how the media had its own twist to the events. Also when wtl got back to shoot the shyt we'd get to hear them argue about old war facts and presidents in the past. It usually would come to a head with wtl sticking out his hand and saying"bet ya a hundred dollars" over this and that, then more debate ...pretty cool

I liked talking to Adam and his dad too, about work, fishing, tattoos and lots of other stuff. We talked about other lakes we fish, strategies and lots of other stuff.
Denny and me talked a lot to Ray, S4il's dad, he sure was jacked up bout his blue grass music and wanting to find a Fender banjo, along with stories of his past work and and lady friend. After a few beers he 'd get his ball cap and turn it around, and really got into the convo, pretty neat guy.
Jeff and I talked some too along with son Anthoney, he was pretty close to my age, I think we had some things in common about aches n pains
of arthritus, but neither one of us are going to let it get us down.
I was proud of the way these fathers came with their sons and were part of the gang, and hope to see them again at the next outing.
Old 05-25-09, 02:07 PM   #40
nofearengineer

Kevin,

You're right. I really did enjoy our conversation. I was amazed at how much you've accomplished with the website and in pulling together such a great group of guys for more than just some random gathering. Your website is like the center of something really neat: bringing total strangers together and creating some real friendships based on a common passion. That's a noble thing, man. I hope you're proud of it.

I absolutely can't wait for the next one. I only joined the forum a couple of months ago, so I really couldn't square a 4-day getaway with work. Next time will be different. I should get the chance to meet a lot more of you, and the ones I already meet, get to know a lot better.

JB, thanks again for helping me out. You were like the second person I met, and instantly offering to help. That let me know right away what kind of people I had run into.

Zooker. I think it's funny you called me "quiet." Most times, people want me to shut up. It's funny though...being an engineer, I am always gathering information...just a habit. I could tell I was in the presence of a lot of people who have probably forgotten more about bass fishing than I know. I am usually in pretty much awe of you guys' knowledge and willingness to share it. I've gotten by all of my years by basically being lucky and refusing to quit; you guys seem to actually know what you're doing.

I didn't get to talk much to C-rig or his wife, but it was obvious he is one heck of a fisherman and a good guy too. Trying to meet everybody in just a couple of hours was a bit overwhelming.

I'm lookin forward to fishing with Woody too, since we're both Hoosiers. And I know he's a hardcore fisherman too...who else would have kept his chin up after his miadventures that weekend?

And Bama...you KNOW I'm gonna have to make a trip down Guntersville at some time in the future to fish some of that grass with you!

Back to Kevin...just think...your little ol' website is responsible forme meeting all of these people I would never have met otherwise. Pretty cool if you ask me.
Old 05-25-09, 02:41 PM   #41
JB

Next time I back you or zooker in I'm going to tie foot long logs to my feet to reach the pedals.geesh you're tall!
Old 05-25-09, 02:48 PM   #42
nofearengineer

LMAO, JB!

Just think. That's only a Dakota. It has OKAY legroom for me. If I had the money, I would probably buy something a little bigger! So next time I come by myself, with a bigger truck, I'll definitely bring a pair of logs for you.
Old 05-25-09, 03:08 PM   #43
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post

did some one say guntersville in april??

zooker

That would be sweet!
Old 05-25-09, 03:14 PM   #44
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Next time I back you or zooker in I'm going to tie foot long logs to my feet to reach the pedals.geesh you're tall!

no fear
picture jb in 8" stripper heels....jb don't tell me that your inability to back the truck in was due to not reachin the pedals..-that truck has adjustable pedals.-

bobber
any where in mid bama would be good next time.. however i think we need to keep differant lakes..hence the point...

zooker
Old 05-25-09, 04:25 PM   #45
Bob Smith

I'm wif ya, Zook! Shucks, I wouldn't mind go a little east of here and try some of that Santee-Cooper stuff or even Hartwell!
Old 05-25-09, 05:15 PM   #46
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I got to talk to Billys dad one night ..... we'd get to hear them argue about old war facts and presidents in the past. It usually would come to a head with wtl sticking out his hand and saying"bet ya a hundred dollars" over this and that, then more debate ...pretty cool
He owes me thousands of dollars, lol.

Santee is a great lake, its sorta like when I mentioned Toledo bend though. Everyone agreed that the lake was great. But we need it to be accessible, sorta in the middle of the map.

Priest is another one that was mentioned, but I just dont see what it offers over Dale Hollow. Its pretty much in Nashville, and I like getting out there a bit. The fishing isn't supposed to be as good as Dale Hollow.

If we fish in Alabama, it will be on the TN river. The central Bama lakes arent as good. We have done G'ville and its a naturally perfect locale for this type thing, but its just we are aiming for variety...i think.

My idea of wheeler dam area is based on the type of fishing that would be available - wilson is not too easy to fish but loaded with massive smallies just like dale hollow - but lower wheeler is a friendly place to fish and resembles the area of kentucky lake we were at a bit. The accomadations are also there between Fisherman's Resort and Joe Wheeler state park. Basically it puts us right where we can fish either lake, depending on the conditions. Its within 25 miles of I65 in extreme north alabama so it is also accessible. Cabin rates at the state par were like 60 bucks a night or there is a big cabin that can take like a dozen people or so.
Old 05-25-09, 05:55 PM   #47
zooker

i like the wheeler lake idea..
here ya go brotha love..
http://www.alapark.com/joewheeler/Cabins/

i was told that if we do wheeler. a certain forum member said i was "skint" ifin i did not stay at his place...

zooker
Old 05-25-09, 06:26 PM   #48
JB

I'm open for anywhere and have fished Dale hollow a number of times, its a tough lake
Old 05-25-09, 10:17 PM   #49
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
i like the wheeler lake idea..
here ya go brotha love..
http://www.alapark.com/joewheeler/Cabins/

i was told that if we do wheeler. a certain forum member said i was "skint" ifin i did not stay at his place...

zooker
I actually have stayed in this cabin before. Compared favorably to the places at big bear from what I saw. Make sure where on wheeler the forum member (wonder who it is??) has a cabin as its a big lake.

I want to flesh out all the pros and cons with each place so that when yall decide, it will be with full info available.
Old 05-26-09, 12:15 AM   #50
carolina-rig-01

alabama would be quite a haul for us missouri folk. ky lake was about right for us but too much farther and we may have to sit this one out. not complaining just saying that i doubt we would make that long of a trip.

wtl i really like your new signature, and like i said you and your dog really did look like a norman rockwell painting cruising the lake in your boat lol.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.