Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 02-19-12, 12:37 AM   #51
blackstang93
BassFishin.Com Member

I was casting side arm fine. IT was the overhand long casts I was trying to make that was the problem.
blackstang93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-12, 01:18 AM   #52
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang93 View Post
I was casting side arm fine. IT was the overhand long casts I was trying to make that was the problem.
I cast side arm almost all the time, especially when making a long cast. I just grip it and rip it lol. You will actually make longer casts side armed than you will over hand once you get the hang of a baitcaster. Get the hang of setting the brakes and using your thumb and then you will be able to cast harder while throwing side armed.
Old 02-19-12, 01:36 AM   #53
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Welcome to the place to be off the water!

I talked to one of our die hard Quantum guys a while back about a Smoke because I was thinking about it for a frog rod and he told me to stay clear of it. Said it was fire out of the box, but lost its smoothness rather quickly and he never could get it back in shape with deep cleanings. So I took it at face value and steered clear on his respected opinion.

I think you will be very pleased with the E series Curado. I was they would have left them in the line up a little longer. But I wish they still had to Ds in circulation too. Change sucks!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
Old 02-19-12, 04:57 AM   #54
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang93 View Post
I too strugle with the long cast. And I've been doing it for awhile.
The mind controling the thumb is the real problem!
No matter how far the last cast was. Or how smooth the cast was...I'm always thinking...maybe a little less thumb and just maybe.... you get the picture.
Your going to have times of frustration because your always going to seek bettering yourself and your success.
I think you can ask almost any HONEST baitcaster and they will tell you to this day they still get a backlash or two regardless of brand or model of baitcaster. That includes pros.
So have fun!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.