Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-05, 10:14 AM   #26
PowerBass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Well Im gonna miss her when I get home, right now IM on this lake shore just sittin in the sun, and Im sure it will hit hit me when I get home, im gonna miss her lookey there I got a bite....

Thats all I got to say!

LOL
Old 08-01-05, 11:22 AM   #27
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

you need to find a girl that likes to fish...........a country girl.........thats the ticket......
Old 08-01-05, 12:04 PM   #28
PowerBass

Most of the girls up here love to go fishing, but not everyday. I know 2 or 3 hotties that love to fish.
Old 08-01-05, 04:54 PM   #29
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

the only thing that sucks is that they like to fish, but if they don't get a fish within an hour or something, they just spend the rest of the time complaining until you eventually just go home. The bugs, its hot, its cold, I'm tired, its late, its too early, I can't fish, this is stupid, I'm bored, blah blah freakin blah, just shut up and fish woman!

Trick is making your girl understand that its also a way of relaxing, even while being focused. Product of being so in tune with what you're doing that you forget everything else(until she starts yapping ) My girlfriend is really negative about her abilities sometimes, and its hard to make her understand that just because you don't catch a fish every time you cast, it doesn't mean you suck or you won't ever catch fish. You just gotta keep doing it, trying different things.
Old 08-01-05, 06:21 PM   #30
bassfisher02

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenDammit
the only thing that sucks is that they like to fish, but if they don't get a fish within an hour or something, they just spend the rest of the time complaining until you eventually just go home. The bugs, its hot, its cold, I'm tired, its late, its too early, I can't fish, this is stupid, I'm bored, blah blah freakin blah, just shut up and fish woman!

Trick is making your girl understand that its also a way of relaxing, even while being focused. Product of being so in tune with what you're doing that you forget everything else(until she starts yapping ) My girlfriend is really negative about her abilities sometimes, and its hard to make her understand that just because you don't catch a fish every time you cast, it doesn't mean you suck or you won't ever catch fish. You just gotta keep doing it, trying different things.
thats why you have to get a country girl
Old 08-01-05, 06:57 PM   #31
KenDammit

lol, funny thing is, most of the days I fish, i'm fishing at HER HOUSE! She owns the pond that I fish in a lot. She's not as bad as I made her out to be, she's funny sometimes because she starts cussing and swearing and everything else, haha. Ahh well, she loves me so she'll go with me regardless.
Old 08-01-05, 09:04 PM   #32
PowerBass

Lucky man Ken, Lucky man.
Old 08-01-05, 09:26 PM   #33
Stick-em
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Stick-em
Talking You're Not Fishin' Enufff Son!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassthumb32
This Isnt So Much A Joke As It Is A Real Question And Im Sure That Most Of You If Not All Of You Have Experienced It. My Girlfriend Hates It When I Go Fishing I Mean Hates It. I Told Her That She Is Just Going To Have To Get Over It. Are There Any Tips Or Lines That Any Of You Guys Say That Will Get Them To Understand Or Shutup. Or Even Go With Me. I Do Stuff With Her Other Times So Im Not Ignoring Her. I Dont Know What Shes Fussing About. I Just Wanna Fish. Please Help!!!

Fisherman's Motto:

"If your Girlfriend isn't mad at
you for fishing too much, you're not
fishing enough!"

Old 08-02-05, 12:32 AM   #34
flfireman

Dont count on it. Women complain because it's natural for them. Just like it's natural for them to have smaller feet- they can reach the sink and ironing board easier. My wife doesn't like to fish, she does moan and groan when I go. This is alright though. My excuse to her- It keeps me out of the belltower. Tell her to deal w/ it or you will go spend the rest of your time after fishing in the strip joints.
Old 08-04-05, 11:05 PM   #35
HulaPopr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spandextros
My advise though is when ever you go fishing buy her a single rose (or more if you have the money) on the way back, shower up real good and treat her to a romantic evening. That way she will look foreward to you going fishing and is likely to let you go more often
A rose EVERY time I go? I could buy so much more tackle instead, why get a rose and worry about romantic carp?
Old 08-05-05, 04:21 PM   #36
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

complain nah female members of the human race never do that . i wake up at 3 am to go to work. getting up at 3 am to go fishing is not that much worst. my girl friend hates fishing or anything to do with it. but we have been togather for 3 years now. we kind go our own way on the weekends. she goes to church i go fishing......

bfg you all aint THAT old. well to this old fart any way.

zooker
Old 08-05-05, 04:58 PM   #37
JB

My ol lady loves me to get out of her hair and go fishing lmao
she has her space and I have mine, it works out pretty good
I used to be on the water 6 days a week so scaling back to 3-4 kinda meets her half way, plus I dont want to burn myself out by going 24/7
But back when I hit a tournament 3 out of every 4 weeks of the month, it about forces you to go scout out the area and prefish..makes sence to me
Old 08-05-05, 09:32 PM   #38
mike90
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike90

last time i had a girl on a boat fishing she kept blabing about this and that and it's to hot there's no fish,this is boring,i hate this, blah blah i turned around and said well it's not a far swim from here, just watch out for the snappers. "that kinda ended the relationship" well she sat there for a while and then she picks up a rod throws a senko out and as soon as it hits the water a big bass hit it and she got it about half way in before it fell off. she looks at me and says "wow this is kinda fun" now she has here own rod and some tackle and even though where just friends now we still get out to fish once in awhile

"if she yells everytime the baitmonkey bites just tell her, fine i won't buy any fishing stuff but i don't expect you to buy any makeup or shoes"
Old 08-05-05, 10:59 PM   #39
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Old 08-05-05, 11:05 PM   #40
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie
I don't know Bassbogger that attitude towards your babe might make her drop your a$$ but who knows.
thats better than being with somebody who wants to control what you do for a hobby. I can understand if you say, NO MORE MALL FOR YOU WOMAN and then she says, well no more fishing, but if that ain't the case, you need to have a talk with her and see EXACTLY WHAT she doesn't like about you fishing.
Old 08-07-05, 02:45 PM   #41
bassthumb32

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

things are getting better with us ive taken her with me and now she makes a couple of casts gets bored and stops. so thats good but she did break one of my rods. that sucks. does anyone know if you can just buy the top half of a fenwick spinning rod. thats the only part that broke. she did catch a snapping turtle yesterday. lol.
Old 08-07-05, 05:30 PM   #42
bassfisher02

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaPopr
A rose EVERY time I go? I could buy so much more tackle instead, why get a rose and worry about romantic carp?
because that is what the ladies like........your saying you would rather buy a few lures then buy a girl a rose? there not that much. i would buy a girl thats not my girlfriend a rose if i wanted........i can hold out on......another lure for now..........the romantic crap is what gets you points, i love to take girls out on romantic stuff, and they love me for doing it......sooner or later those points are gunna be cashed in.....and we alllll kno what that means.
Old 08-07-05, 05:39 PM   #43
HulaPopr

Yes, but having a lure for every situation will also cash in eventually... and we all know what that means.
Old 08-07-05, 05:43 PM   #44
bassfisher02

but do you seriously need a new lure to catch a big bass? i dont, i stopped buying lures for about a month going strong now, the monkey is on vacation. untill i run out of soft plastics, or loose a hard lure, im not gunna buy any.
Old 08-07-05, 09:11 PM   #45
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher02
but do you seriously need a new lure to catch a big bass? i dont, i stopped buying lures for about a month going strong now, the monkey is on vacation. untill i run out of soft plastics, or loose a hard lure, im not gunna buy any.
Priorities change during your lifetime, sounds like yours are starting to already But I can promise you one thing. They will change back after a few years(well maybe more than a few years LOL)

Lizards
Old 08-08-05, 12:06 AM   #46
Dyas

Quote:
Lucky you 02. My monkey done Evolved into a caveman and now he can give me a concusion with that club if I dont buy somethin'...........
Old 08-08-05, 07:46 AM   #47
PowerBass

Quote:
I agree buy her a rose! You cant buy tackle everyday, even though I would like to, other things come first!
Old 08-08-05, 06:52 PM   #48
bassfisher02

i have everything i need at this present time for fishing. i cant fit anything more in my tacklebag, and if i buy a bigger one, then it will be a hassle to drag it around while fishing.....thats the main reason im not buying anymore stuff right now.
Old 08-08-05, 08:24 PM   #49
PowerBass

Same here 02. But when school rolls around, I will be paying for the ladies not the tackle. Romantic crap sux, but it gets ya what ya want.
Old 08-08-05, 10:54 PM   #50
Dyas

I have to juggle them................... fishing......... or................ a happy lady at home.......... I split them down the middle.................
Closed Thread

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.