Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 06-27-09, 08:19 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default A few rod questions?

Ok so, I've got a few questions about rods. The rod that BB posted a link to in his thread has "Technique specific rods." They don't have a 7 foot medium heavy action, one piece rod, that's on sale. They do have spinnerbait rod that has the specs I want. Buy is there a difference in the rod as far as sensitivity? Would a 7 foot MH, one piece spinnerbait labeled rod that is be just as sensitive as a 7 foot MH, one piece, that is not labeled spinnerbait... Even though it's the same rod?

My second question is..... How are Cabela's Fish Eagle II Casting Rods? It's and 80 rod, so I would think it would be pretty good... what do you guys think of it?
Old 06-27-09, 08:31 PM   #2
jig fisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I do have a fish eagle 2 and it is a very nice rod for the money. I have a 6'6" medium power fast action and i can feel every wobble of a crankbait with it.
jig fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-09, 08:35 PM   #3
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I chopped my Fish Eagle II up and made a topwater rod. Not a bad rod, but there's better on the market.

Like I said before, I'm sure the 7'MH spinnerbait rod is different from the other 7'MH rod. I'm assuming, because this is common with spinnerbait rods, that the one marked spinnerbait had a faster taper to the rod. What this will do is soften the tip a bit, but strengthen the butt section of the rod. The softer tip will allow more accurate casts with a spinnerbait while th stronger butt section gives you backbone needed to set the hook.

Although it's a great deal with the sale going on, I wouldn't buy rod that for one reason. I like a shorter rod for casting spinnerbaits. But this, like most everything in fishing, is personal preference. I think I can get more accurate casts with a 6'4"-6'6" rod instead of a 7 footer. But the 7' rod will give you longer casts.

BB
Old 06-27-09, 08:40 PM   #4
Bassboss

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I chopped my Fish Eagle II up and made a topwater rod. Not a bad rod, but there's better on the market.

Like I said before, I'm sure the 7'MH spinnerbait rod is different from the other 7'MH rod. I'm assuming, because this is common with spinnerbait rods, that the one marked spinnerbait had a faster taper to the rod. What this will do is soften the tip a bit, but strengthen the butt section of the rod. The softer tip will allow more accurate casts with a spinnerbait while th stronger butt section gives you backbone needed to set the hook.

Although it's a great deal with the sale going on, I wouldn't buy rod that for one reason. I like a shorter rod for casting spinnerbaits. But this, like most everything in fishing, is personal preference. I think I can get more accurate casts with a 6'4"-6'6" rod instead of a 7 footer. But the 7' rod will give you longer casts.

BB
Which is often needed when shore fishing! Do you think the sensitvaty would be different though?

Thanks for the post BB!
Old 06-27-09, 08:47 PM   #5
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Some say the taper effect sensitivity, but I don't think so. I don't think there will be any difference. Use 10-12lb fluorocarbon and you'll be fine!

BB
Old 06-27-09, 09:08 PM   #6
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Some say the taper effect sensitivity, but I don't think so. I don't think there will be any difference. Use 10-12lb fluorocarbon and you'll be fine!

BB
Thanks a lot BB!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.