Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 12-07-10, 05:36 PM   #1
TommyW
BassFishin.Com Member

Default looking for guide in southern alabama

my dad will be retiring and my folks, at 82, are ready to become snow birds.

they live on shadow lake in the fox river chain in waupaca county, wisconsin.

they'll be wintering in far southern alabama near some body of water. don't even know exactly where yet and i don't know how many days a month he's going to want a guide.

he's not talking to me at the moment -- families can get that way sometimes.

this is a plot between me, my mom and my sibs to get him to lighten up about me. i'm the second son. it's always been weird between us.

dad was a member of bob lang's lake marie, lake county, illinois team up until bob died. they were pioneers in catch and release tournament fishing and re-building bass habitat in over-developed lakes.

if anybody has any of lang's lunker lures, especially the raider new in the package or even loose that they'd be willing to sell, i'd like to know about it. he and his brother both would bust into tears if they saw something of bob's show up in their christmas stockings.

my parents are gene and joan w for any of you who might know them from tournaments. bob's been gone for a bit over 10 years now and the crowd goes all the way back into the 50's at barney shunneson's channel lake boat house, bar and grill.
TommyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-10, 08:04 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Well.........need ot know HOW far south they are gona be to get a guide for you pal. Any more info and details are truly needed to get you what you want to know. Find out exactly WHERE and i'll see what i can dig up for you.
Old 12-07-10, 08:08 PM   #3
TommyW
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
Well.........need ot know HOW far south they are gona be to get a guide for you pal. Any more info and details are truly needed to get you what you want to know. Find out exactly WHERE and i'll see what i can dig up for you.
all the way down by the gulf or at least on mobile bay. when i know exactly where and what he'd like to be getting in a guide.

he's a bass buster from all the way back but he likes taking his ultralight tackle out on the salt flats too.

thanks for responding. be back when i know more.
Old 12-07-10, 08:11 PM   #4
bamabassman

OK.......SO HE IS GONNA BE SALT WATER FISHING MOSTLY. good to know, i've got some outlaws down there,lol, (wife was born and raised in mobile and we lived there till about 5 years ago. fishing the delta for bass is TOTATLY different than anywhere else in my opion. gotta take TIDAL flow into the process. let me see what i can get in the next couple of days.
Old 12-07-10, 08:13 PM   #5
TommyW
BassFishin.Com Member

gah, i hate these boards that don't let you edit.

the second sentence should end with 'i'll get back to you'.

thanks again for responding. i'm sure i'll get an answer within a few days.
Old 12-07-10, 08:22 PM   #6
bamabassman

it's cool. i understood, lol.

you can edit after you post it though. look to the bottom right of your post. hehe.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.