Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 05-19-10, 06:19 PM   #1
hool1gan
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Westcoast Techniques?!?!

I wanna start by saying love the site and all the information, hope to learn a lot more..... I'm in San Diego and have trouble locating numbers of fish in a vertain area. Any tips or techniques to locate these numbers post spawn threw fall would greatly be appreciated. Our lakes are so clear so deep and highly pressured! I can get a limit but its damn hard lol!
hool1gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 07:02 PM   #2
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome to the site hool1gan.

I too am in San Diego (Poway). If you want to list the lakes or PM them to me, I can give specifics on several.
For most lakes, this time of year, I am throwing a lot of spinner baits, jerk baits, and cranks. Even in the pressured lakes these have beem producing for me.
As we get more into summer, I will switch to jigs, IKA's, tubes and craws more than other baits. I will usually stick with these as my goto baits until later fall. Then I am back to the jerk baits.

Of course, the lake and weather will impact my baits more than anything, but those are my starting points. These have worked for me in the ultra clear spots like Jennings and Miramar as well as the darker water spots like hodges and sutherland. I am heading to El Cap in the morning with the spinnerbait tied on.

I know that a lot of folks out here will be drop shotting like crazy, but it is usually my last resort.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.