Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 04-11-11, 09:37 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default A blue Pro Qualifier???

I gave our local BPS a call tonight to ask if thier Pro Qualifier reels were still on sale for $79.00. He said "yeah, the blue ones". So, confused I asked him what the difference was as I'd never heard of a blue PQ. He told me it's the same exact reel, only blue. Has anyone else here heard of such a thing?
Old 04-11-11, 09:46 PM   #2
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
I gave our local BPS a call tonight to ask if thier Pro Qualifier reels were still on sale for $79.00. He said "yeah, the blue ones". So, confused I asked him what the difference was as I'd never heard of a blue PQ. He told me it's the same exact reel, only blue. Has anyone else here heard of such a thing?
I wonder if he is talking about the torunament reel. It's metalic and some might call it a blue shade. If so, it is only available in 6.4.1 ratio. It's a bit lighter than the regular PQ as they used lighter materials of the cranks and gears.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 10:17 PM   #3
walkeraviator
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i wonder if h is confusing the PQ with teh Extreme? The extreme is usually green, but they had some blue ones come out for teh classic...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 10:46 PM   #4
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro reel View Post
I wonder if he is talking about the torunament reel. It's metalic and some might call it a blue shade. If so, it is only available in 6.4.1 ratio. It's a bit lighter than the regular PQ as they used lighter materials of the cranks and gears.
I bet you're right. The Tournament PQ's are a dark metallic navy color.
Old 04-11-11, 11:10 PM   #5
keithdog

Well, if it's the Tournament PQ's, then I'm not interrested since I'm wanting a slower gear ratio that 6.4:1. I know the regular PQ is on sale on line. I want the 5.2:1 version. I'll have to drive up there and see for myself and take a copy of the internet sale add. They will honer that if you have it in hand.
Old 04-11-11, 11:45 PM   #6
sharrison
BassFishin.Com Member

I just bought a 5.2-1 PQ the other day and they honored the internet price, I just pulled it up on my phone and showed the girl and she rang it up $79.99.
But the counter guy did try and sell me the boat flake edition one when I told him I wanted a PQ and saw it online for $79.99.
sharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-11, 12:00 PM   #7
rrw4258

He was either talking about the PQ Tournament reel, or they did have a special edition Extreme Tournament reel for the classic that is $79 as well.

Ryan
Old 04-12-11, 07:10 PM   #8
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharrison View Post
I just bought a 5.2-1 PQ the other day and they honored the internet price, I just pulled it up on my phone and showed the girl and she rang it up $79.99.
But the counter guy did try and sell me the boat flake edition one when I told him I wanted a PQ and saw it online for $79.99.
AARRGGGHHHHHHHHNNIISSHHHHHHH, I went to print out the sale internet price tonight just before heading over to BPS only to find the sale price ended today.
Old 04-12-11, 09:11 PM   #9
mystic1219
BassFishin.Com Member

I saw both in my local BPS last weekend, the silver regular one was $99 (in store) and the metallic looking (tournament edition?) one was on sale for $79
mystic1219 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.