Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-08, 07:11 PM   #51
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
that was good lancer, from one band affecianado to another. i spent my jr and sr high years marching with a few different insturments, percussion mostly. i still like telling someone who doesn't get it by saying on friday nights i rode a bus with girls on it instead of sweaty football players. not to mention that my girl back then was a baton twirling hottie...lots of kissy face going on that bus!!

RAT OWN! (Bama-ese for "Right you are, Old Chap.")
As a King Stud Lead Trumpet, in both collitch (Bama-ese for "College".) and high skewl, I know what it's like to be the object of adoration of coeds and the bane of the jock's existence.
At one high school reunion one of the old footballers confessed, TEARFULLY; "John, old buddy. Some of us were so jealous that we actually plotted to kill you...or at least bust up your chops. I'm sooooo sorry. It's just that the Band won trophy after trophy and we flat sucked. Then, when Nealene said to me 'Friday night after the game? Ohhh, I'm sorry, Mike, but I've got a date with our lead trumpeter. The Band wins ALL the time.' it was more than I could take." True story. I got him 'nuther drink and 'nuther plate of BBQ. He felt much better and we are good friends to this day. He's a great Dove shot and we get together at least once per season for a hunt, then head for a small town bar to reaffirm our loyalty to the Alma Mater, each other, and all classmates of '61. God bless him.

Lancer6(1)
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.