Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-08, 07:45 PM   #76
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Its gonna be hard to knock him out in 4 years. He is gonna get a pass for the first 2 cause of the grave challenges going in. The honeymoon may even last longer.

The GOP must focus on congress. That is our next move. If we take both the house and senate this can turn this into a good thing.

Huck might be a good idea to try in 4 years.
Old 11-05-08, 08:18 PM   #77
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Well, since I have never found a fire that I won't throw gas on....

Did anyone see the interviews on Monday Night Football?

Looks like college football playoffs soon.....About time.......

For any of you who don't know. That was a follow on to another thread. If you think people get fired up about politics, bring up college football.
Old 11-05-08, 08:23 PM   #78
WTL

Haha, yeah, when Obama suggested the playoffs I just laughed.
Old 11-05-08, 10:45 PM   #79
Jim80

God him suggesting a college playoff just made me think of the rantings against it in another thread and the mess that followed . but were stuck with him for the next four and thats about all we say about it .

Jim
Old 11-05-08, 11:06 PM   #80
1/4 stick

I just hope Obama proves me wrong and is such a great prez that he even get's me off my tail in 2012 to give him a second term. I really do, the country is in need of someone that good. I just really don't think this is the guy. But we got him now, no choice but to ride the rainbow.
Old 11-06-08, 02:25 AM   #81
Marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw1503 View Post
and for the first time in history the president will be able to pass what he wants instead of having to compromise with the other party..
What is that supposed to mean? Didn't Bush have Republicans in charge of both houses of Congress for six years? And the same party has controlled the White House and Congress numerous times before Bush.

It's really sad reading this thread. People who otherwise proclaim themselves good and patriotic Americans seem unwilling to accept the will of the people; every election approximately half of the people are disappointed in the results. But that doesn't mean we show our sour grapes and don't even give the guy a chance to govern.

By any standard, the country is in worse shape after eight years of the current administration. It's time to try something different. And Obama's not gonna take away your guns. But if you really think he is, then you ought to be flooding him and Congress with your messages, not crucifying him on a forum before he even takes office.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-08, 09:11 AM   #82
mont_lunker_hunter
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
It's time to try something different.
Is this really the time to be experimenting?
Old 11-06-08, 09:42 AM   #83
JB

Just the other day, I was watching the TV, and I'll be damned if everyone didn't start talking 'bout this new thing called a "Barack Obama." Seems to be the hottest trend right now, and you can't go nowhere without hearin' some mention of it. Barack Obama this, Barack Obama that. Well, that's all well and good, but I still got one question: What in the heck is it?
"Barack Obama." Boy, now if that ain't the craziest thing I ever heard of. Sounds like one of them exercise machines you gotta order off TV. Or maybe it's some sort of reality show, or one of them fancy new diets for ladies. "Barack Obama." Huh. Musta come over from Japan or Tokyo or somewhere's around there.
Whatever it is, it ain't from 'round these parts, that's for sure.
Now you shoulda seen the look on my neighbor's face when I asked him if he knew what it was. He said I must be goin' crazy, cuz he ain't never heard of a Barack Obama in all his life. But I told him sure enough they got 'em now. Hear they're pretty popular up north, too. "Barack Obama." Such a silly thing to call something, ain't it? Probably one of those things everyone gets themselves all excited 'bout, and then it never even comes to nothin'.
Apparently all the kids want one. I reckon it's one of them new toys they always bring out this time-a year.
"Barack Obama." Sounds expensive. Never seen one in the Wal-Mart, anyhow. You know, come to think of it, I bet it's somethin' for the computer. Everything's for computers nowadays. Could be one of them new-fangled electronic gadgets, too, I s'pose. Something you watch the videos on. But I already got me a TV set, so unless this Barack Obama thing does something useful like whack weeds, I think I'll pass.
More'n likely, it's one of them things where you buy the Barack Obama, and then you gotta buy a bunch of other things just to make it work. That's how they get ya.
Shoot, better not tell the wife about it, or sure enough, she'll want one. And I'll bet you she'll use it once and then put it right back in the box and never use it again. Then I'll have a brand-new Barack Obama down the basement, sittin' there gathering dust right next to that fancy expresso machine she needed so bad and the kids' Furbies
Or maybe that's it. Maybe it's one of them "novelty" doodads they got now, you know, the humorous things, like the Billy Bass fish I got hangin' up on the wall in the garage. Billy Bass, that thing is crazy. Actually, I wouldn't mind if this Barack Obama thing was some sort of Billy Bass. I gotta hand it to him, that fish is funny. It's funny when he sings.
Now, I try to stay up on top of all these new fads and all—after all, you got to when you got kids—but this Barack Obama thing makes no kind of sense. Really makes ya scratch yer head and wonder, don't it? Where did this thing come from? What does it do? You know what, I think it may be one of them twirlin' stoves that helps you roast a chicken.
Well, sir, thanks but no thanks. I won't be needin' a Barack Obama anytime soon. My oven works just fine.
Frankly, I don't know why everyone's working themselves into such a tizzy over some silly new fad when we've got much bigger problems on our plates. The environment ain't doin' so hot, it seems, and I'll be damned if the handlin' of issues like the senseless war in Iraq and the treatment-a homosexuals in this nation ain't a downright shame. Instead of inventing up silly stuff like Barack Obamas, why don't they make a product that fixes the economy?
Now that's somethin' I'd be interested in. That or if it's a waffle maker.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.