Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 09-03-08, 04:50 PM   #26
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I actually root for yall in basketball. Not above UA, but I pull for UAB. I have wished yall well in the past in football.

You are putting the same things I have just said and saying them a different way. You say its hard for a team to get started today, and I say yeah, because there is no point in starting one.

Alabama and Auburn have the state locked up in football. Thats the cold hard fact. You might as well argue that wisconsin needs another NFL team. After a while, areas, institutions become colonized and that is that. Yall have a good med school. Yall have decent basketball. Be happy.
Old 09-03-08, 04:53 PM   #27
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I honestly don't care if UAB ever plays Bama in football and they likely won't. I know that UAB is struggling big time with the move to Division I. You can't compare the two universities (some from both schools like to do) on the field because they are lightyears apart. The reason that UAB football, I think, is struggling is that everyone expects instant positive results and that is not going to be the norm for any school starting a football team in DI today. There are too many established institutions that exist that will always make it difficult whether they mean to or not. I do like it when UAB plays the spoiler at some bigger school's homecomings (see LSU).

I really think that UAB went DI in football to ensure that the basketball program stays in DI.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-08, 04:56 PM   #28
WTL

Yeah I heard that about going D1.

We are just sorta ambivalent about UAB until some blazer fan takes a shot - then we imagine what it would be like with two auburns in the state rather than 1 and we react kinda harshly. 1 barn is enough. We ought to just let georgia annex lee county.
Old 09-03-08, 05:09 PM   #29
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Yeah I heard that about going D1.

We are just sorta ambivalent about UAB until some blazer fan takes a shot - then we imagine what it would be like with two auburns in the state rather than 1 and we react kinda harshly. 1 barn is enough. We ought to just let georgia annex lee county.
Maybe you and your friends are but I have a few coworkers and several church friends that go way out of their way to dog me about UAB football when Sunday and Monday rolls around. They start in on me for no reason other than UAB is an easy target with football. I usually bring up basketball to them regardless of the time of year and remind them that Gottfried is still their coach. I honestly am not a huge football fan and don't care that much about UAB football. Sure I hope they win and I enjoy going to the games every now and then, but I prefer UAB basketball.

I actually cheer for Alabama and Auburn on Saturdays and wish for a stalemate during the Ironbowl.
Old 09-03-08, 06:06 PM   #30
WTL

Well all I can say is you know well football in the state of Alabama is an excuse for talk, politics, drama and everything else under another guise. Finebaum hasnt said anything of merit in the past 20 years, but he makes a living still by chiding people. If it werent football itd be soccer or gymnastics or baseball.
Old 09-03-08, 06:15 PM   #31
bamabassman

hey,hey, hey guys. come on now. i meant for this to be a thread for jokes. good ol rivarly jokes. ok? just post the best jokes ya got. let's not get into a war of words alright? i can take any bama jokes that anyone has. all in good fun. that is all this is supposed to be ok? alabama, auburn, u a b, texas, tenn, ga ol miss, ms st,kentucky, fla., ANY FOOTBALL JOKE!! i did not mean for this to turn into a war or for ANYONE to get personal. i like both of you guys. and don't want to offend anyone over this. so let's just stay with the jokes ok? if you can't handle it, let it go alright? and on a side note...wtl, i agree about finebaum. the man makes a living being a basher for any college coach out there. he is the don rickles of college football. i never really take anything he says seriously. he never played the game i don't think and that is why he is like that i think. maybe he was the towel boy or something, lol.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-08, 08:58 PM   #32
Fishnngolfn

It was my fault. I took offense to his UAB attendance joke. But I shouldn't have because right now attendance at UAB football games is a joke.
Old 09-03-08, 09:24 PM   #33
bamabassman

ok, everything is cool now.
Old 09-04-08, 05:25 AM   #34
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Wink

Yep. It's gone to HeElEl. No surprise as to who ruined the fun.
Gee, you'd think being named (by the Sports Staff of The East Sphincter AL Weekly Fart,) National Champion EVERY year since football was invented would mellow the cast of "Deliverance, Part II" somewhat...Guess not.

And A Very "BOOMER SOONER" To You All.
"Gig 'em, Aggies!" too.
Oh, and "On, Brave Old Army Team!"

L6
Record v. Alabammy 2-1-1
Record v. Auburn and Pat Sullivan, Heisman winner. 1-0. 40-22 in '71 Sugar Container.

Last edited by Lancer6; 09-04-08 at 05:36 AM.
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-08, 08:17 AM   #35
WTL

Lancer, all I can say is that I'm not foolish enough, like most sooner fans, to think that college football only started to be played in 1946.

Haha, as for ruining the thread, sorry. I can be a little competitive sometimes. Especially when I know I'm right.
Old 09-04-08, 09:25 AM   #36
doc

Go hogs !!!!
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-08, 09:38 AM   #37
Fishnngolfn

Alright. Back to the jokes or pictures in this case. This is a picture sent to me by a coworker who is a diehard Auburn fan and even the Bama fans thought it funny. It is a rendition of what Saban will look like in another 2 years as Bama's coach.

Old 09-04-08, 01:05 PM   #38
WTL

Lol pretty much, but what is coach Croom doing in the background? Mississippiboy?
Old 09-04-08, 01:39 PM   #39
Fishnngolfn

Maybe he is there to pounce on the job if Saban messes up? I have know clue.
Old 09-04-08, 02:02 PM   #40
MississippiBoy

Holy crap, I didn't even see Croom till you mentioned him, WTL. It's kinda hard to see what he's doing, but it looks like he has one hand up to his mouth. So, I think he's either

A. Calling in an air strike on Saban, or
B. Lighting up a big-a$$ joint.

Next time I see him, I'll ask him.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-08, 08:22 PM   #41
bamabassman

HAHAHAHAHAHA, now that is funny right there. and i AM a bama fan. GOTTA HAND IT TO YA F&G. THAT IS A GREAT ONE RIGHT THERE. now as for croom........ mississippiboy ya'll trying to get rid of him already? haahahahahahahaha. and i like "b".
Old 09-04-08, 10:44 PM   #42
tnfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i got a good one,,,,,,,,,,,im for any one who bets TN
tnfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-08, 12:21 AM   #43
Lancer6

Exclamation

Flash! The Old Ball Coach, Steve "Sourpuss" Spurrier, and his COX were defeated by The Commodores of Vandy tonight. Great comeback in second half for Vanderbilt.
Steve Spurrier must have been born sucking a lemon. He always looks so... well,...puckered and I suspect chronic constipation too.
Thank God for College Football and the wonderful high school kids that enter the programs.

Lancer6
Old 09-05-08, 08:44 AM   #44
MississippiBoy

Well, the wife and I are making the trip to the great metropolis of Stark-Vegas tonight to stay with some friends of ours, then tailgating and going to the game tomorrow night. We're playing a small college from Louisiana, I think it's Southeastern LA State college or something. Hopefully, small college = win for the Dawgs, but we'll see.

Ooh, then we've got Auburn next week on ESPN2. That oughta be fun...
Old 09-05-08, 10:06 AM   #45
MississippiBoy

Oh, and in keeping with the theme of this thread:

Tuscaloosa News Report: Football practice in Tuscaloosa was delayed on Monday for nearly two hours. One of the offensive players, while on his way to the locker room, happened to look down and notice a suspicious looking, unknown, white powdery substance on the practice field. The head coach, Nich Saban, immediately suspended practice while the FBI was called in to investigate. After a complete field analysis, the FBI determined that the white substance unknown to the players was the goal line. Practice was resumed when the FBI decided that the team would not be likely to encounter the substance again.
Old 09-05-08, 11:30 AM   #46
CarpMan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkriH...eature=related
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-08, 11:35 AM   #47
Fishnngolfn

Not to rain on your joke but, you know that is a commercial for futbol (soccer)?
Old 09-05-08, 11:37 AM   #48
Fishnngolfn

I know there is a rivalry between Auburn and Alabama but these Auburn fans I think crossed a line.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefbnUc...es/TheBear.jpg
Old 09-05-08, 12:59 PM   #49
Lancer6

Talking

Some here may know that I am a band fan. "The Pride Of Oklahoma";
"The Fighting Texas Aggie Band"; great high school bands...I really dig 'em. So, in light of the contribution bands make to the football game experience, I give you some insight into the efforts of the school musicians and band staff members.
The "Million Dollar Band" of the University of Alabama in rehearsal for the Auburn game, featuring WTL's legendary virtuoso instrumental skills. Banjo Hero!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEhwIqmmEJY
Lancer6
Old 09-05-08, 04:44 PM   #50
lowrider

that was good lancer, from one band affecianado to another. i spent my jr and sr high years marching with a few different insturments, percussion mostly. i still like telling someone who doesn't get it by saying on friday nights i rode a bus with girls on it instead of sweaty football players. not to mention that my girl back then was a baton twirling hottie...lots of kissy face going on that bus!!
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.