Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-08, 04:10 PM   #26
mont_lunker_hunter
BassFishin.Com Active Member

What's obfuscated mean??
Old 11-05-08, 04:12 PM   #27
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

you hit me with that and then use a word like "obfuscated". that's funny.

and i'll restate the fact that grammar alone did not form my opinion. look at my first line. i have read every post on BOTH the political threads going...easy call.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 04:20 PM   #28
mont_lunker_hunter

I think you're being a little obfuscate too lowrider.
Old 11-05-08, 04:21 PM   #29
jcw1503

low,rider,, win,:certiin subjeks risee up dat are meningful tO peple, thay take passshun, adn speek freelie, and when peeple pic on ppl becuz of there meesage bord grammur, then that meens that thay just are tryng to start stuf adn dat my friend is childiish....

There you go lowrider, i guess i make about 2 dollas a wekk now don't I, pick on grammer n dis measage...i will get you started....i put a comma in the middle on your name...
jcw1503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 04:23 PM   #30
robertmee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
you hit me with that and then use a word like "obfuscated". that's funny.
Hey, I had to make sure I had your attention and that you wouldn't discount my opinion because of my bad grammar.
robertmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 04:25 PM   #31
doc
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmee View Post
Hey guys, we are all brothers (and sisters) here. No need to be rude to each other. Stereotyping someone because they perhaps aren't a good typist, or didn't excel in English class is uncalled for.

As for taxes, let's wait and see. Campaigners are notorious for running on one platform to get elected and then not following through. Obama did it himself when running for the Illinois Senate. He also obfuscated his platform. Sure, he said he's not going to raise taxes for 95% of Americans (never mind that 95% of Americans don't even work), but what he didn't tell you is that's your income taxes. Go read his plan in detail about what he plans do do with Capital Gains taxes, Inheritance Taxes, Business Taxes and tell me YOUR taxes won't be affected.
If, and I do mean IF he sticks to his plan, I will only benefit from his tax plan. Now delivering on what was promised that is a big thing to ask of any politician.

I'm just glad the Muslims are not parachuting into the U.S. by using the towels on their heads like everyone said was gonna happen.

The political rantings just wear on me a bit.

1. he is not a Muslim, Osama bin ladens right hand man, nor the anti-Christ

2. He is an American he no more forged his birth certificate than McCain

3. Is he a liberal Democrat, probably

4. Will he take our guns, NO he will not, he will no more take your guns than the republicans overturning roe vs wade in the last 8 years. That is a political SCARE TACTIC.

One good thing that should come from this is true equality, no more will we have to listen about how the system is stacked against certain people. No more will they be able to use the color of their skin as an excuse.

And jcw one should be careful when bashing the far left to not go even further to the right, a loon is a loon no matter which far whacked out side of the political circus they join.

*post was spell checked using the wonderfully provided TOOL in the upper right hand of the chat box, right above the smilies. It does make a difference when your trying to sound intelligent if you be sure to not mis spell intelligent.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 04:29 PM   #32
jcw1503

Well, who ever said i was trying to sound intelligent....i never tried.....i was simply speaking from my heart...
Old 11-05-08, 04:29 PM   #33
mont_lunker_hunter

Quote:
Hey, I had to make sure I had your attention and that you wouldn't discount my opinion because of my bad grammar.
LMAO! Just curious lowrider, why didnt' you vote for Barack? I bet you and jcw have more in common than you think.
Old 11-05-08, 04:32 PM   #34
jcw1503

and i guess there is no reason to argue about policies right now, when he puts his plans into place, then we will see and then i am sure people will start arguing....also, if he keeps his word, we will have a nuclear free world...
Old 11-05-08, 04:34 PM   #35
jcw1503

and for the first time in history the president will be able to pass what he wants instead of having to compromise with the other party..
Old 11-05-08, 04:36 PM   #36
mont_lunker_hunter

Sorry...i gotta jump in again. JCW was not bashing, he's not the one who started the name calling here...just go back a few posts and look to see who called who what. But as far as taking guns...it IS possible. As stated on this site before, the idea of checks and balances is slowly fading, that's scary...it doesn't matter if your talking about guns, abortion, gay "rights", whatever. I for one don't want the US to become one big California.
Old 11-05-08, 04:40 PM   #37
lowrider

mont, did any of us down here vote for him?
Old 11-05-08, 04:40 PM   #38
jcw1503

Also, as i said in another thread...i do not think OBama is good for the nation, however, i truly hope i am wrong...i hope in 4 years every obama supporter can come up to me and say i told you so...thats fine i want that to happen....the last thing i want is the country to get in worse shape.....Just to let people know, i am not rooting for Obama to fail, i hope he suceeds....I posted this just to get it out.....
Old 11-05-08, 04:41 PM   #39
robertmee

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
One good thing that should come from this is true equality, no more will we have to listen about how the system is stacked against certain people. No more will they be able to use the color of their skin as an excuse.
Very astute to point this out. I had this conversation with my wife last night. I have a bet as to how long before we hear the 'Uncle Tom' label because suddenly life is not roses for those who don't give the effort to help themselves.
robertmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 04:43 PM   #40
lowrider

easy on cali, they actually APPROVED the ban on gay marriage...who saw that coming?
Old 11-05-08, 04:44 PM   #41
jcw1503

nice thought....
Old 11-05-08, 04:44 PM   #42
jmartin

I gotta say that shocked me lowrider.
Old 11-05-08, 04:46 PM   #43
lowrider

CONSPIRACY!!! oh wait, i already sound like a nut...wouldn't want to confirm any suspicions
Old 11-05-08, 04:46 PM   #44
jcw1503

never saw that coming...
Old 11-05-08, 04:46 PM   #45
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mont_lunker_hunter View Post
Sorry...i gotta jump in again. JCW was not bashing, he's not the one who started the name calling here...just go back a few posts and look to see who called who what. But as far as taking guns...it IS possible. As stated on this site before, the idea of checks and balances is slowly fading, that's scary...it doesn't matter if your talking about guns, abortion, gay "rights", whatever. I for one don't want the US to become one big California.
read the other threads, he is as far on the other side as California is to the left.

Have they even verified his Birth Certificate yet?

Ill listen to your political views on any Candidate all day long, I'll also call bull chit when I see political Scare tactics on either side. Left or right a nut slinging political hate is a nut.

And for the life of me even thru the primaires I cant think of 1 time anyone on either side has mentioned taking away our guns. Hell let em try, theyll get all my spent ammo first.
Old 11-05-08, 04:48 PM   #46
doc

And arkansas gets a lottery

wooo hooo gonna spend my whole welfare check on lotto tickets now baby!
Old 11-05-08, 04:48 PM   #47
jcw1503

Doc, go back, i was asking a question because someone mentioned it at work, i was wanting help from you all to clearify it up...i never said that they couldn't find it...i was wanting information...
Old 11-05-08, 04:49 PM   #48
jcw1503

oops another grammer error, sorry guys...
Old 11-05-08, 04:54 PM   #49
mont_lunker_hunter

lowrider...i don't know of any white working person who voted for him, but i'm sure there were some. To me this is a classic case of the country being fed up with the way things were going and then this smooth talking, easy going, charismatic guy comes along and preaches "change". Alot of people, not all, voted their "feelings". I think everyone can agree that we hope this country is better in 4 years. As I stated in one of my earlier posts on this thread and as Doc stated, this should do away with the historical "racism" allegations from the black community (not african american unless you want to call me European american...i prefer white..or just plain american). Too often laziness and lack of self motivationis has been justified by screaming "racism"...hopefully that will end. Hopefully is has shown that it is possible for black people to excel...and he's just half black...think about what a full blooded one could do. Sorry, that last part was wrong of me to say...just couldn't help it.
Old 11-05-08, 04:57 PM   #50
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw1503 View Post
Doc, go back, i was asking a question because someone mentioned it at work, i was wanting help from you all to clearify it up...i never said that they couldn't find it...i was wanting information...
Yeah, after I called you out on it you backpedaled and tried the whole innocent just asking a question. Which proves my point completely your so far to the right that you can't even see straight anymore, you would actually attempt to believe, or question the validity of something so stupid this late in the game. IE the birth certificate.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.