Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-12, 12:52 PM   #51
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Bailouts and special perks for unions. Thats all she wrote.

You and "The Donald" should sit down, between the two of you I bet you could figure it all out.

Just poking fun at your obvious pain.

In all seriousness, have those same states not almost always been blue.
Old 11-07-12, 01:02 PM   #52
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
One thing that confuses me about the election is that the most industrialized portion of the country all vote Democrat. I would think that it would be the other way around.
Class envy is a very infectious pathogen.

Among the dirty-handed denizens of that region, the disease spreads like wildfire.

Symptoms?

A misplaced belief that "the rich" sleep 18 hours a day on mattresses stuffed with money, and only get up to visit their vault to pile more ill-gotten gains on top of their own Scrooge McDuck-esque pile of treasure.

My boss works 80 hours per week, and deserves every penny he makes. I have never been given a job by a poor person. I bet you'll never hear that said up there.
Old 11-07-12, 01:14 PM   #53
bassboogieman

Well, I for one can't wait to get more money into my middle class hands, so I can buy more Chineese made rods and lures, Korean made reels, Japaneese electronics, English tea, Columbian coffee and clothing made in Tailand. All that extra money, going immediately into foreign made goods, more American dollars leaving the Country rather than paying down the debt. Wonderful.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-12, 01:14 PM   #54
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Class envy is a very infectious pathogen.

Among the dirty-handed denizens of that region, the disease spreads like wildfire.

Symptoms?

A misplaced belief that "the rich" sleep 18 hours a day on mattresses stuffed with money, and only get up to visit their vault to pile more ill-gotten gains on top of their own Scrooge McDuck-esque pile of treasure.

My boss works 80 hours per week, and deserves every penny he makes. I have never been given a job by a poor person. I bet you'll never hear that said up there.
Strange how this phenomenon is primarily located in the NE part of the U.S. To bad such a small area of the U.S. has so much power to control the election. Maybe an argument for popular vote?
Old 11-07-12, 01:29 PM   #55
joedog

I wondered through this whole debacle what would of happened if Romney would of just came out and said, "Tell you what America, if elected I will refuse a salary and all monetary perks that a traditional President makes. I just want to help you the voter." Instant conection!

Let's face it, none of it would have any effect on HIS lifestyle.
And yes, Ryan will be the next Republican Presidential candidate.
So if your unhappy or happy, just wait TWO YEARS and it'll start all over again. And he may want to tell the voter who he is as opposed to Romney strategy of letting the Democrats do it for him. Most of Romney's voting base didn't feel the connection, they just didn't like the alternative.

The numbers tell ME that the voter wants what Romney promised, they just trust Obama can do it for them because although a millionaire himself, he's a little millionaire. His campaign just did a better job of 'connecting' with the voter and Romney allowed the same people to 'disconnect' him. All the while his backers sat around with their heads up their arses and let it happen.

Those are just the FACTS, IMHO, that is.
Old 11-07-12, 04:00 PM   #56
WTL

Ohio has often gone red.

I think Romney was a weak candidate personally, but still the GOP is kidding itself if it doesnt think it should change several aspects of its coalition. It simply cannot keep running like its 1984.
Old 11-07-12, 04:29 PM   #57
nofearengineer

Quote:
Ohio has often gone red.

I think Romney was a weak candidate personally, but still the GOP is kidding itself if it doesnt think it should change several aspects of its coalition. It simply cannot keep running like its 1984.
It doesn't matter what the GOP does.

We're outnumbered now, and there is no way to change that as the other side has figured out they can legislate themselves money out of other peoples' pockets.

The seeds of destruction were planted long ago when they gave the vote to people with no skin in the game.

There is no reverse gear on the Bullet Train to Hell, and she's picking up steam.

I'm going to enjoy what's left of Western civilization while it lasts.
Old 11-08-12, 05:08 AM   #58
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
The American People have spoken, particularly those in the NE part of the
Country.
...and the West, and the Northern Mid West(Great Lake states), and Florida, and Lower Rocky mountain states...a bigger win than W in '04. 332-203 Electoral college win, and over 3 million in Popular vote.(Republicans, have lost the popular vote in 5 out of 6 of the last Presidential elections).
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-12, 07:54 AM   #59
keithdog

I got into an argument with my sister in law who is a staunch Democrat. She votes party line ALWAYS. While I often split my vote as I did this election, she refuses to. Tells me you can't trust a Republican. Ever! That started the argument. You simply cannot argue with people like that. No matter what Republicans do, or say, they will never get the vote from people like that. Even if Republicans voted along with the Demorcrats on every single issue the past 4 years, they would loose the election. People of color, immigrants, women, our gay neighbors, labor unions, and the young voters are always going to vote heavily Democrat. They all lean on the Democrats for their special interests despite whats going on in our country.
Old 11-08-12, 09:21 AM   #60
bamabassman

keith...thisis why we the people TRULY NEED OT GET RID OF ALL PARTIES. NO MORE PARTY LINES. there is so much diversity on both sides. neither "party" is for the COUNTRY AS A WHOLE. there are things that MUST be sacrificed in order to save the country. but because of special interests...it won't be done. EVER.
Old 11-08-12, 10:16 AM   #61
WTL

It isnt a lost cause. Yea there are some people who are married to the Dems, but if the GOP had picked up 1% in a couple more states, Romney would have won.

Besides, if Obama's policies are as disasterous as we have been saying, then in 4 years he will be their GWB.
Old 11-08-12, 10:27 AM   #62
joedog

President Obama decided to do one of his public addresses against the backdrop of an American farm, but the ceremony couldn't get started because of all the flies buzzing around his head. Obama demanded to know why the flies wouldn't leave, so the farmer explained to him, "Well, those are called circle flies. They always circle around the back end of horses." Obama angrily replied, "Hey, are you saying that I'm a horse's ***?" The farmer answered, "No Sir, Mister President. I would never call someone a horse's ***. It's hard to fool them flies though."

What does Barack Obama call illegal aliens?
A. Undocumented Democrats

Q. Why isn't TSA catching any terrorists?
A. They don't screen passengers on Air Force One.

The Romney jokes have all been done.
Comedians on late-night shows have made 148 jokes about the Republican presidential candidate, more than twice the amount they made about Obama (62) and more than jokes about all of the Democratic contenders combined.
Just thought I'd even the score.

Can we just be Americans again instead of some sort of sub-group???? What's good for America is not red, blue, black, brown or yellow.......It's unity.

Last edited by joedog; 11-08-12 at 10:47 AM.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-12, 10:59 AM   #63
nofearengineer

Quote:
Besides, if Obama's policies are as disasterous as we have been saying, then in 4 years he will be their GWB.
They already have been, and they have voted for more of the same. It's part of being ignorant. One previous comment about the parasite killing the host was very apropos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Can we just be Americans again instead of some sort of sub-group???? What's good for America is not red, blue, black, brown or yellow.......It's unity.
I will not "unite" with someone who works tirelessly day and night to pick my pockets. Phrases like "come together", "bi-partisan", "unite, not divide" are just naive platitudes put forth to create self-doubt and hesitation in the hearts of those who would resist the downward spiral. The only thing the left wants to "come together" with is my wallet.
Old 11-08-12, 12:12 PM   #64
WTL

Nofear, that is only partially true. Many businesses were holding off changing, hoping Obamacare was not implemented. Now that it will be, you will see lots of bain capital type stuff going on, jobs going overseas and the like...

Unemployment is going to go up (%9,10,11?) with the tax rate, meanwhile we are going to have to do more quantitative easing (money printing), causing inflation to rise.

This is an economic disaster in the making. Perhaps conservatives should be glad it wont be on their hands. Even without Obamacare, it woulda been a rocky few years.

Hopefully Ginsburg waits until later to step down. Give us 3 more years old girl, we want Obama to be nice and weak so he has to go with a less damaging nomination. Or even better yet...stay on? We need your wonderful opinions!
Old 11-08-12, 01:14 PM   #65
lilmule

Actually Sandy its interuption and the responses made (well known ahead of time),promises made about cleanup etc helped more than realized.Now however with some still flooded or without power realize they screwed up.Those in power in those locales are loving it as fed dollars pouring in,yet not filtering down.
Kind of like black lung or asbestos money the states get it hold on to it,turning down the same people they used in court, who qualified them for it.
As for picking pockets ive gotten one ss increase in 4 years,its a big hole dug for the national debt and the thought we might have to pay for it hurts but some times the truth hurts.
China the thought of giving jobs away -being done anyway national debt china holds a big share of as a lender-wake up.Odds are will use it as influence to gain ground they claim and in imposing new navy on its neighbors etc.
Big business is what is not paying taxes that and millionaires.
Current admin appeases the poor by taking away from working class,not from those that can afford it.
Over 600 millionaires paid less in taxes than the average working stiff.

Last edited by lilmule; 11-08-12 at 01:26 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-12, 01:20 PM   #66
joedog

This pretty much sums it up.
Permalink: http://www.somethingofthatilk.com/index.php?id=478

Never mind Obama. If Romney had won this election, our government would be just as broken. It is the legislative branch that remains an epic systems failure.

Excerpt from
http://davidsimon.com/inevitabilities-and-barack-obama/

Maybe the answer lye's hear?
http://www.justicepartyusa.org/

Last edited by joedog; 11-08-12 at 01:52 PM.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-12, 02:34 PM   #67
bassboogieman

Buy some gold and bury it in the back yard. A depression looms on the horizon, and possibly a citizens revolt that will exercise our rights as defined in the original Declaration of Independence*. The Country is as divided now as anytime in our history and the gap is widening. Those in the middle are being squeezed dry, while those at the top got theirs and have enough to get by, those at the bottom don't have much and no way of getting any more except through government assistance in one form or another. When the government runs out of money or defaults on the debt, what happens then? I would also strongly recommend you exercise your Second Ammendment right (if you haven't already done so). To have a weapon and not need it, is far better than needing a weapon and not having one. That's all I'm gonna say.

*"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Last edited by bassboogieman; 11-08-12 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-08-12, 03:12 PM   #68
RustyFender
BassFishin.Com Member

Without a return to common sense, take a look at our future.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11...ntcmp=trending
Old 11-08-12, 03:13 PM   #69
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
*"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
You know, in grade school, I learned they were talking about King George...but I'm not so sure about that now...
Old 11-08-12, 03:14 PM   #70
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyFender View Post
Without a return to common sense, take a look at our future.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11...ntcmp=trending
Rusty, don't you know the Republicans are so evil, they can even wreck Greece's economy?

But seriously, I thought nationalized healthcare, banking, heavy industry, etc. was supposed to solve all of our problems? Ask a Greek.
Old 11-08-12, 04:37 PM   #71
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
keith...thisis why we the people TRULY NEED OT GET RID OF ALL PARTIES. NO MORE PARTY LINES. there is so much diversity on both sides. neither "party" is for the COUNTRY AS A WHOLE. there are things that MUST be sacrificed in order to save the country. but because of special interests...it won't be done. EVER.
Bama.... AMEN BROTHA!!!
Old 11-08-12, 04:39 PM   #72
bassboogieman

Quote:
You know, in grade school, I learned they were talking about King George...
I also, but those words ring true today - AND it does say:
Quote:
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends
So, I believe that it was so specifically worded as to be applicable to our own estabilished government, should it wander away from this principle over time.
Old 11-08-12, 08:04 PM   #73
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
My feelings exactly. Let each candidate run on their own. Perhaps then we would see what they really stand for. True, they will still spin their words according to their audience, but it's better than just offering a party line vote. The voter would have to pay attention for once. I heard today that had the 3 million registered republican who didn't vote had cast a vote for Romney, he would have won the popular vote!
Old 11-08-12, 08:09 PM   #74
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

It's funny, actually it's sad, that some of you "Patriots" would be calling for the overthrow of any democratically elected government, let alone your own. That some of you would compare the greatest nation on Earth, this United States of America, to a second rate nation, practically a third world nation, like Greece, shows your ignorance of the issues that govern the world of economics, causes of Greece's crisis, and that of Europe as a whole, and what separates the U.S. from those nations. Sad that you call yourselves Americans, but that is what makes us great, you are allowed to.
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-12, 08:21 PM   #75
RustyFender
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatic View Post
It's funny, actually it's sad, that some of you "Patriots" would be calling for the overthrow of any democratically elected government, let alone your own. That some of you would compare the greatest nation on Earth, this United States of America, to a second rate nation, practically a third world nation, like Greece, third world second rate?? mighty degrading to a nation that once ruled the known world. shows your ignorance of the issues that govern the world of economics, What economic bubble does Greece operate in or what economic governances do they operate under that makes their foolishness unique??causes of Greece's crisis, and that of Europe as a whole, and what separates the U.S. from those nations. Sad that you call yourselves Americans, but that is what makes us great, you are allowed to.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.