Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 04-25-06, 06:27 PM   #1
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default working out

hey guys... finally decided to start workin out. got none of the heavy machinery except a treadmill. im pretty scrawny, just imagine a stick with a face, glasses, limbs, and clothes and you have me. started a week ago. every morning, i jog for 10 minutes before school at 5 mph, then at school i go to the weight room and use each of the 12 machines. i do 50 pounds on each, and i do 20 on each. then i get back home, jog a mile, and then i either play fitness baseball, where you have to be jogging on base and a home run you have to do a pushup at home plate, or just do random excercises (good mornings, push ups, sprinting, crunches) with friends. either that or i walk like 3 or 4 miles until 6. then i relax till 6:30, study till nine, jog till 9:30 then eat dinner then sleep.

what about you guys? how have you been doing? any reccomendations
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 06:50 PM   #2
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

yea i got weight training for baseball at school i bench about 170 and squate about 240. Skool balls over but i started playin for the city when it ended. We were one of the top rated jv teams in the state but we got knocked off in the playoffs our varsity team is playin the first game of the state playoffs tonight maybe theyll win it for us lol.
Old 04-25-06, 07:10 PM   #3
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

heck you two should try lifting my tacklebox onto the boat and out again, thats a heavy workout lol..i bet its 60 lbs of junk in there
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 07:10 PM   #4
ROBZILLA

If you want size on what your doing you have to get more calories and protein in your diet. If you want muscle mass. To gain muscle you have to constantly increase your weight on your work out. don't kill your self but gradually increase your weights or your muscle won't grow. your muscle has memory and will remember the same weight! and get lazy so you grow bigger weight and you muscle has to work more, hence your muscle grows. I use creatine in my lifting my muscle recovers allot faster ables me to lift more weight faster instead of waiting a few weeks to do it naturally. But check with your doctor before you think about creatine. you might be too young still for that. But definitely get more protein into your self and more calories to help fuel your body,so you can grow and enjoy the benefits of your working out.

Robby.
Old 04-25-06, 07:30 PM   #5
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
heck you two should try lifting my tacklebox onto the boat and out again, thats a heavy workout lol..i bet its 60 lbs of junk in there
yep that sounds about rigt i bet mine is up close to there it just about takes me two hands to pick it up lol
Old 04-25-06, 08:36 PM   #6
flbassman

Ya, I work out quite a bit, Benching about 165, squatting 225. Getting ready for summer football conditioning. Ya, running is good exercise, but if you want to bulk up, don't run too much.
Old 04-25-06, 09:18 PM   #7
RatLTrap

Send a message via MSN to RatLTrap

Hey, If you want to get bigger you're going to have to eat right, and workout right. Don't workout everyday. That will only overtrain your muscles, and you don't want that. Not as much cardio as weight lifting, and I would lift heavy weights, and low reps, but the key is EATING!. If you want any information i'de check out http://www.bodybuilding.com , remember I went from 80 - 155 pounds in a year and a half. BECAUSE I ATE, AND WORKED OUT RIGHT!.
Old 04-25-06, 09:51 PM   #8
crankybait

oh snap and ive been burning calories this whole time... just the total upper body in general. ive got no wieghts, so until i get a nice set should i be doing more crunches and push ups? to eat... my eals are usually like this- breakfast- waffel with syrup or bagel with cream cheese. lunch- chicken patty salmon patty chicken nuggets or something of that sort with ketchup and cheese. dinner- rice and meats on mondays wednesdays fridays and sundays, rice and vegetables every other day.

does red bull have creatine?
Old 04-26-06, 07:51 AM   #9
ROBZILLA

Pull up or chin ups as they are called works great for upper body. also tricep dips work good as well and you don't need fancy equipment to do them. Just go to a playground and half at'r. you will notice in a few weeks.
Old 04-26-06, 08:10 AM   #10
CreekGeek22
BassFishin.Com Active Member

You want the ultimate weightlifitng exercise to work all muscles at the same time, even those you didn't know you had?......Powerclean!
CreekGeek22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-06, 08:26 AM   #11
flbassman

Powercleaning is great. It's what we do for football. It's mostly technique, and as you get stronger, it'll add muscle. Don't stop running altogether, pick a distance, such as half a mile, and run it as fast as you can. Balls to the wall. MAybe even do a mile, but do it like this.
Monday: Bench, squat, clean
Tuesday: Run, abs
Wednesday: Bench hard
Thursday: Run, abs
Friday: Bench, Clean hard
Saturday: Run, Squat
Sunday: Eat right and rest.
Old 04-26-06, 02:53 PM   #12
RatLTrap

Flbassman it seems like you are working more for strength... rather than size.

you only work squats, and bench press???
Old 04-26-06, 03:52 PM   #13
flbassman

No, I also clean, curl, do leg work, french curls, military presses, shrugs, dips, and a bunch of other stuff. I thought doing all that would make you bigger? How did you get all that weight? In the past year, I've gone from 5 foot, 90 pounds to 5"5' and 120, but you put on a ton of size, and I'd like to do that.
Old 04-26-06, 05:01 PM   #14
RatLTrap

Well working out isn't going to make you bigger quicker. I worked out, but ate a lot more than usual. like 6-8 meals a day, but they weren't HUGE meals. Depending on the weight I tripled my protein/carbs/cal intake everyday, and i worked out about 3-4 times a week with weights, and no cardio. I also didn't eat any junk food, or drink any soda. I would get some protein shake like "whey". Thats what I used anyways. I eat a lot of chicken breast, fish, oats, eggs, protein shakes, steak etc. You also have to take in a lot of water!
Old 04-26-06, 05:31 PM   #15
crankybait

yeah im going to start doing chinups at the monkeybars. no matter what, im going to do a lot of cardio since we play baseball every day for 3 hours, and i make it a point to give it my all, even if its a foul ball. right now im about 110 pounds. i dont only want size, just stregnth enough to be able to hold my own when id need to, since its an embarrasment getting my *** killed in physical excercises at school. i just had a whey protein shake, ym friend had it. im going to try to find a recipie without the powder, since ive got none of that. and what is powercleaning?
Old 04-26-06, 05:48 PM   #16
RatLTrap

You can always mix 4-6 raw eggs up in a glass of milk, and drink it down! it's good protein shake might umm make u have gas a lot but
Old 04-26-06, 07:00 PM   #17
crankybait

dont you get salmonella from that?

and also, what are your ideas for good, healty filling snacks? after a feirce battle in my mind, i succumbed to eat a pack of buttered popcorn... nothing else fills me up like that. fruits aint a god enough meal
Old 04-26-06, 07:56 PM   #18
Fishie

Right now I am 6 foot tall 226 pounds..... 12 percent body fat... I ate all kinds of stuff during the off season for baseball and was 247 pounds.....but I went from a 200 bench to a 265 bench.....420 squat....Eat a crap load and work it off or build yourself up...if you like cookies and malts they can get the job done..add some whey protein to your malts....I do a total body workout everyday...just go up and down with your weights...for you guys I would suggest drop sets...

start at your max and lift as many reps then move down a little in weight and lift as many as you can then repeat...works great..

Creatine is a waste in my opinion...you will get bigger on shakes and malts at home than that stuff , also it costs way too....much...
Old 04-26-06, 08:22 PM   #19
Hef
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Hef

I'm in the military and I'll tell ya Zilla hit it right on the head. You need to take in more calories. With all the running, lifting, activities you doing your matabolism is very high and you have to feed. Follow the good advice you've been given above and you'll get to where your going.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-06, 08:39 PM   #20
RatLTrap

A full body workout everyday seems a little to much to me. I wouldn't want to overtrain.
Old 04-26-06, 09:08 PM   #21
crankybait

yeah, thats a bit much. for now, its 15 pushups and good mornings for 20 seconds, then i jog around the development as much as i can before the bus comes. then ive got gym, i play football. at home, i do 30 squats, then bench like 70 in low reps, and more pushups, then i curl 25 or 30, whatever i feel like. its all at my friends house. then i have a protein shake, and play baseball. tomorrow im jogging to the playground, like 2 minutes away. ill do a few pull ups, right now i can do only like 2 or 3
Old 04-26-06, 09:57 PM   #22
Fishie

Total body but different weights and exercises...
upper body one part
next day another but
upper body
legs
abs
torso
etc.
Old 04-27-06, 06:46 AM   #23
crankybait

ooh hey that sounds like a cool idea... mind going into a bit more detail?

going to go job before school now. maybe some pushups at the bus stop.
Old 04-27-06, 03:48 PM   #24
flbassman

Powercleaning is a rapid clean and jerk without the jerk.
Old 04-27-06, 07:11 PM   #25
crankybait

huh? so i clean my house???

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.