Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 06-07-13, 10:00 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Cant wait till morning!

Tomorrow I will be up and getting ready to head out at 3AM. I can hardly wait. It will be the first time this year I won't be fishing in cold rain, sleet, cold windy sleet/rain mix, cold gale force winds, etc.

Tomorrow will start out in the mid 40's but eventually warming to 72 and sunny. I would prefer partly to mostly cloudy, but hey, I'll take it!

Last week before a very cold front moved through with strong winds and sheets of water, I noticed the bass beds looked abandoned. The top water bite was going strong till the front drove everyone off the lake. I expect the top water bite to be strong again in the morning hours. Later, I'll be working the weed beds with a spinner bait, and t-rigged beavers and craws. The crank bait will no doubt get some action too. And there will be a soft jerk bait tied on all day! They were really going after the Strike King Caffeine Shads last week as well. Especially if they missed taking a top water. A second cast with a jerk bait scored nearly every time.

I tried working frogs last week in the pads quite a bit, but not a single strike using those, so frogging will be a last resort.
Old 06-07-13, 10:31 PM   #2
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Good luck dog. Try a worm in those pads when a frog won't work. Let it sink and hit bottom.
Old 06-07-13, 11:38 PM   #3
Bassboss

Best of luck bud!

Caught a couple on a soft jerkbait to day a well. They weren't fully committing to the frog, but they were slurpin the jerkbait all day!
Old 06-08-13, 12:17 AM   #4
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Give em hell KD.
Old 06-08-13, 08:38 AM   #5
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I hope your arms are aching tonight from dragging in all those hawgs!
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 05:50 PM   #6
keithdog

Well, it started out great. I was on the water at 4:15 and by 5:00 I had landed 3 bass. Two on a Jitterbug, and one on a popper. Then the sun came out and the bass went cold fast. Didn't get another strike till noon, the last fish of the day. Tried it all. Surface baits including Jitterbug, poppers, the reliable Spook, buzz baits, and a buzz frog. Spinner baits, crank baits, t rigged craws and beaver, worms, jigs, various crank baits. They wouldn't hit nuthin once the sun came out. Part of the problem, as with last year, is that the conservancy district treated the milfoil beds which in turn is also killing off the other weeds as well. All the nice grassy cover is turning brown and slimy as it dies away. That always screws up fishing for a while. Anyways, better than going to work! haha
Old 06-08-13, 09:11 PM   #7
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Well, it started out great. I was on the water at 4:15 and by 5:00 I had landed 3 bass. Two on a Jitterbug, and one on a popper. Then the sun came out and the bass went cold fast. Didn't get another strike till noon, the last fish of the day. Tried it all. Surface baits including Jitterbug, poppers, the reliable Spook, buzz baits, and a buzz frog. Spinner baits, crank baits, t rigged craws and beaver, worms, jigs, various crank baits. They wouldn't hit nuthin once the sun came out. Part of the problem, as with last year, is that the conservancy district treated the milfoil beds which in turn is also killing off the other weeds as well. All the nice grassy cover is turning brown and slimy as it dies away. That always screws up fishing for a while. Anyways, better than going to work! haha
Haha, no question there! Our DNR just mows the weeds down on my local lakes. But back in Florida I fished a park pond that was loaded with great vegetation. In the summer it got super thick, but the rest of the year it was a blast to fish. Park authorities killed em all off one year with herbicides though, the lake almost became barren, so I know what you're going through!
Old 06-08-13, 06:50 PM   #8
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hey, you caught four more than me, as I have been stuck at home!!! Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the day.
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-13, 08:10 PM   #9
bamabassman

hey keith, thanks for the pics buddy. at least you got out there man. i am still trying man.
Old 06-14-13, 11:25 PM   #10
Rebbasser

Sounds like a good day, buddy! I'm envious

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.