Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-06, 07:44 PM   #1
shawngo
BassFishin.Com Member

Lightbulb Google Maps + Fishing Spots

Hello everyone..

I was wondering if anyone is willing to give some feedback on this idea that I had. I put a site together combining Google maps and fishing spots. I made this and didn't really do anything with it and felt like seeing if anybody thought this would be cool or useful.

http://www.shawngo.com/hotspots.php

Please don't consider this spamming or blatant disregard to the forum rules. I saw this forum and thought this would be a perfect complement! The service is and always will be free.

Basically you locate a fishing spot on the map (not the exact location of your favorite hole per se) or locate via GPS coords, address, or country and just add some details about it.

I have also added the ability to export the database information into Google Earth, which is really cool!

Check it out.. maybe it could catch on... or is there something out there similar? It would be easy to make changes, add-ons etc.

Ok, enough rambling, check it out and have fun! Oh, btw, how did i get stuck in the Classifieds section?

Thanks,
Shawn

Last edited by shawngo; 03-28-06 at 08:12 PM.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.