Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-13, 11:34 AM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Had a good tournament

Fished my third tournament of the year on Grand Lake yesterday and really had a good day. I pre-fished on Friday and had a great morning. I was able to locate a lot of fish and nail down a pretty solid pattern up Elk River. I caught the fish in the picture first thing in the morning off of a really shallow point at the mouth of a spawning cove, the cool thing that makes this point so good is that the point is really shallow but there is deep water close by because there is a creek channel that comes out of the cove and swings up to the tip of the point. This fish weighed 5.15 and as soon as I caught her I left that spot alone for the tournament. My next stop was another cove at the mouth of another spawning cove, I lost a fish on this point that was at least as big as the one in the picture. Everywhere I fished that morning fit this pattern and almost every fish gave up some fish. All of these fish came on Wiggle Warts but as soon as the sun got up the bite stopped. Yesterday was game day and our first stop was where I caught the 5.14 in practice. My partner caught a 4lber right off the bat. After that I got on a roll and caught our next 4 keepers and we had a pretty descent limit by 7:30 in the morning. With the pressure of catching a limit off our backs and the way my bite has been dying off when the sun got high I decided roll the dice. We ran to the main lake which was a lot dirtier and really windy because I knew that the muddy water should probably turn on once the sun got up, and we really had nothing to lose because my bite up Elk River was about to stop with the sun getting up. We didn't catch a ton of fish in the dirty water but man we got the right bites. We were able to cull all but one of our fish we caught up Elk River, you know it's been a good day when your trying to cull a 3.11lb fish. We weighed in 19.79 which was good enough for 9th place out of 100 boats. We made a little money and beat some really good sticks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5.14.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	8674  

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.