Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 12-04-11, 09:14 PM   #1
Scott the fishman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Any of you guys have these?

Do any of you guys own any of these reels? Any honest reviews? http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shopsreg;-Extremereg;-Baitcast-Reels/product/103926/97966?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop...10204721/55735

http://www.basspro.com/Browning-Fish...0205099/132963

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop...t/97963/298592
Old 12-05-11, 07:39 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Checked out your list and I don't have any of them. Sorry All I can teel you is that in the past some members here have posted that they use the Extreme casting reel and liked it. I hear it has a lot of internal plastic. But it seems to still be fairly popular.
Old 12-05-11, 09:58 AM   #3
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Purchased several used ones refurbished off of ebay for like 30 bucks ea several years ago still using them 6/3/1 and 6/4/1,for that type of money a good buy my used refurbished price or your new one.The 6/4/1 gets heavy usage in very thick lilly pads american lotus to be exact no slippage gears still good,casts fair distance,loaded with 45 lb cajin braid,mono over spool prior will pull out 4-5 lb bass without a slip.
Have purchased new 70+ reels since that arnt as good for that money would have to spend 90 or more to equal,just my opinion.Bear in mind mine are older versions of same havnt a clue how new ones stack up.
I look for the older ones myself to get cheaply off ebay as know they are a good reel.
You can have my lews speed spool and my extreme when you pry them from my cold hard dead hands.
Im at the other end of the life cycle cannot afford much $ on social security,these are or were in the budget so to speak and work quite well.

Last edited by lilmule; 12-05-11 at 10:11 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-11, 10:13 AM   #4
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I can't comment on any of the reels you have posted, but I do have a BPS Pro Qualifier and I'm quite pleased with its performance for the price. I bought the reel basically new from a member here when I needed a cranking reel and didn't have the cash to spend on a Zillion CC.

Paired with a 7'6" MH composite cranking stick, this reel can sure sling baits. Granted, the rod is very well suited to chucking a 1/2oz cranks a long way, but the reel does well too. It's not the smoothest reel out, but it is smoother than the comparably priced Citica 201E I had and probably one of the best I've felt in that price range.

The casting performance is good, and the dual brakes work good (although they're still not my favorite). The reel feels good in hand, and is comfortable to palm. It's not the lightest reel, of course, but it balances well with my 7'6" composite cranking rod.

I think I'd probably go with the PQ over the reels you posted, especially with the prices you can get them for during BPS spring sale.

BB
Old 12-05-11, 05:21 PM   #5
eaglestrike09
BassFishin.Com Member

I got the Browning Citori reel During the spring sale this year. It is a very smooth real on the retrieve, casts good and has external adjusted centrifical brakes. I have it spooled up with 30# power pro and mounted on a 66mhf carbonlite rod, that I am useing for swimbaits. I did have a problem with excess grease getting on the brake drum and slowing the cast, but after cleaning and relubing the reel, it is good as new.
If you can get it on sale it is a good reel!!
eaglestrike09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-11, 11:27 AM   #6
Bender

I have one CarbonLite reel and used it quite a bit this year. I really like it and think that it is one of the best deals for the money that I have. It throws light baits pretty well and I use it for small jerkbaits and topwaters. I would not use the reel for anything very heavy though like big jigs. I just prefer something a little heavier duty for that, but it might work fine.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-11, 12:36 PM   #7
DVT Mike
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The CarbonLite is not a bad reel. The Browning may have potential but I haven't handled one. Beyond that I'd stick with the PQ. It's proven and comes in multiple versions.
Old 12-07-11, 06:25 PM   #8
rrw4258

Depends on what you are using it for... but if a 6.4:1 will work for your technique that you intend to use it for, go with the Carbonlite. It is my favorite reel by far, over my Revo's, and PQ reels. Same weight as a Revo Premier. Also, you may want to wait until these come avilable...

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop...0501438/274206

Ryan
Old 12-13-11, 09:33 PM   #9
Infidel
BassFishin.Com Member

I have 2 Carbonlites, they are awesome for the money. If you read the reviews there are several folks who have shelved their Shimano Curados in favor of this reel, and the Curado is a heavyweight in the fishing world, so that says a lot. I tried to upgrade my bearings in one of the reels to very expensive, very high end ceramic bearings, a waste of money unless you start having issues, they use REALLY good bearings in these reels. For top water you may want something like the Revo S, but for an all around reel, the Carbonlite seems pretty hard to beat, aside from it's hideous color.
Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.