Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 02-12-08, 05:32 PM   #1
BASSITUP
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Doug Hannons Snakes

Has Anyone Ordered These Snakes And Used Them? Im Just Curious If They Are Worth The Investment.they Can Be Found On Bassprofessor.com
Old 02-13-08, 10:11 AM   #2
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Seen the add in January issue if Bassin. The Add claims that his snakes. Have caught the biggest/most bass closes to World record than any other bait. I do like em they look pretty real.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-08, 10:39 AM   #3
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Overpriced I say...

-Lunk-
Old 02-13-08, 11:34 AM   #4
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

buy em let me know how they work for ya lol.
Old 02-13-08, 11:37 AM   #5
doc

I bought the package at the end of last year, havn't really had a chance to fish them yet. They were pricy, but look absolutely amazing. As soon as may hits ill post my review....
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-08, 12:42 PM   #6
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

If you read users reviews on some other bass fishing forums out there you will find that they don't work so well...save yourself a few bucks and check out this site for 9"waterdogs or snakes..the dogs are AWESOME and you can buy a bundle for cheap. http://www.snakebite.net/ sshhhhh....I think we woke the baitmonkey
Old 02-13-08, 12:49 PM   #7
doc

Oh, the baitmonkey definatly got me on those last year, and they were expensive. I have a private pond close to the house that I fish some, when i got the snakes last year I took em over there and threw them just to see them in the water (was nearing november, lol). They really dont look like any other plastic ive ever seen on the water. They stretch when you pull them, then once you let them sit they curl up in a ball (just like a snake).

I have some other snake type plastics, and I must say just on looks the fishing snake has them beat. I cant wait to start pulling the brown/ and black thru the pads in the springtime. Thats when I'll know if they are worth a ****, or the baitmonkey struck again.

On another Note it is worth mentioning you have to keep them cool, or they get extremly sticky almost like the 25 cent kids toys that stretch and stick. Also if you do end up ordering some, dont get the package. I only recieved 3 or 4 browns, and blacks (the good looking colors in my opinion) and a **** ton of the albinos and vipers (reds).
doc is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.