Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-19-06, 07:56 PM   #26
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You can put a blue collared man in the worst elements when fishing and he would still believe he was in heaven as long as he is fishing.Anit no soft skinned office preppy gonna enjoy fishing in a torrential downpour in just his t- shirt and blue jeans. He would have to have the almighty high dollar state of the art rain gear complete with gloves in order to stay out there and fish.I live for that sh!t.Bring it on mother .... Roflmao.... P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-06, 04:00 PM   #27
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

pnj,
I'll never forget the first 'big tournament" I fished in on the ohio river, Joe Thomas was in it(he got 3rd, I got 26th), sat for 10 and sunday for 8 hours it POURED~ my partner just had fished a big tourney on the mississippi and was on fish with a small craw, he let me use some and the conditions were horrible, one fish got me 26th out of 400 anglers. As I've stated before, I had a duffle bag in the boat with poptarts, and they were so soaked by sunday even the foil wrapper leaked and my treats were soaked lol....but we kept fishing!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-06, 08:21 AM   #28
HOG Ranger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig
You can put a blue collared man in the worst elements when fishing and he would still believe he was in heaven as long as he is fishing.Anit no soft skinned office preppy gonna enjoy fishing in a torrential downpour in just his t- shirt and blue jeans. He would have to have the almighty high dollar state of the art rain gear complete with gloves in order to stay out there and fish.I live for that sh!t.Bring it on mother .... Roflmao.... P N J
As a white collar worker and bodybuilder who is hoisting thousands of pounds of iron each week with calluses so large they look like extra fingers growing I don’t think preppy is the name that most people would give me when I am cruising down the road on my Harley.
HOG Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-06, 09:31 AM   #29
JB

Hey fellow iron worker and bike owner, what kinda structure ya working on this summer?
Old 07-21-06, 10:31 AM   #30
HOG Ranger

JB,

Just got back from a ride to the Sturgis South Dakota area a few weeks ago. It was brutal hot out there and dry as a bone! Had a nice ride though and besides the heat had a troublefree and safe vacation.
Old 07-21-06, 01:58 PM   #31
JB

sweet! those are some nice areas to ride in..my buddy goes every year to see the boobies and bikes n tats rofl

Last edited by JB; 07-22-06 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-21-06, 05:43 PM   #32
pig n jig

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOG Ranger
As a white collar worker and bodybuilder who is hoisting thousands of pounds of iron each week with calluses so large they look like extra fingers growing I don’t think preppy is the name that most people would give me when I am cruising down the road on my Harley.
Thats funny. The majority of the people who ride Harleys here are Lawyers and office dwellers who try not to shave, or shower 3 days prior to riding the hog. Roflmao....You basic Billy bad @ss will be straddled on a rice burner.I must admit the Yamaha Star is a great looking bike.Looks more like a Harley, than a Harley does because of the working class people who are riding them. I am thinking about getting one of those retro scooters, can you picture it done in Mossy Oak Advantage with a gun rack for my Street sweeper 12 gauge ? I can hit chit with the street sweeper shotgun, no matter how old I am getting....P N J
Old 07-21-06, 05:52 PM   #33
pig n jig

Hog Ranger, I forgot to thank you for responding to my thread.I was just fishing, seeing that my tow vehicle is not going to be fixed until next tuesday.I would rather be fishing for real though. P N J
Old 07-21-06, 05:56 PM   #34
lizardsrule

Quote:
I was just fishing, seeing that my tow vehicle is not going to be fixed until next tuesday.I would rather be fishing for real though. P N J
Mine is supposed to be done Monday But my buddy's boat fishes better anyways

Lizards
Old 07-22-06, 05:50 PM   #35
flfireman

PNJ, Love my Roadstar. Stock bike, full of leather and chrome. Also will blow the doors off any Hardley Davidson(STOCK). All my friends ride harleys, like some, hate others. Too much money for a name. Owned my Star for 5 years, 0 problems. My other choice would be a VESPA, so I could be in touch with a whole other generation. Can you see that 6'2" 300 pound guy on a teal vespa.
Old 07-23-06, 11:06 AM   #36
Mac1

When working with their hands, and that is a great deal of the time, a dentist, a surgeon and a doctor all have to develop a finely tuned sense of touch.....by the same thought, so would a pipefitter, plumber and finish carpentar.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-06, 11:20 AM   #37
crankybait

agreed... if im going to be a doctor, ill need a pretty still and sensitive hand. which i dont have right now.
Old 07-23-06, 12:01 PM   #38
HOG Ranger

Quote:
Hog Ranger, I forgot to thank you for responding to my thread.I was just fishing, seeing that my tow vehicle is not going to be fixed until next tuesday.I would rather be fishing for real though. P N J
Most people don't give their tow vehicle a second thought unless they don't have one. I bought a brand new GMC Z71 in 1999 and the rear seal started leaking really bad. They had to order the part and to make a long story short, the dealership gave me their tow vehicle until I got mine back.

I would love to argue with you about the yuppies trying to be Harley riders but I can't.

This is my 3rd Harley but I had a V-Star back in the late 90's and it was a good bike. My buddy has a Kawasaki Vulcan and it has been an excellent bike with close to 40K on the odometer.
Old 07-23-06, 12:08 PM   #39
HOG Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by flfireman
PNJ, Love my Roadstar. Stock bike, full of leather and chrome. Also will blow the doors off any Hardley Davidson(STOCK). All my friends ride harleys, like some, hate others. Too much money for a name.
It is all about what you want and what you are willing to spend bro. Like I said, this is my 3rd Harley and I lost a grand total of about 4K on my other 2 bikes and put over 30 thousand miles on them. I lost that much on my V-Star alone in about a year and it cost less than half of what my Harleys did.

Some people like Rangers while others choose Triton's, Nitro's or Skeeters. Choice is what makes the world go round.
Old 07-23-06, 02:44 PM   #40
JB

man,
30,000 miles on some bikes is a LOT of riding!
Old 07-23-06, 07:16 PM   #41
pig n jig

JB,Imagine putting 30,000 miles on this .
Old 07-23-06, 07:30 PM   #42
JB

theres a couple of guys at work that live an hour away that are drivin' those thing pnj, I bet trucks luv em rofl
Old 07-24-06, 09:35 AM   #43
HOG Ranger

I average about 12,000 to 14,000 per year on my bikes and I live in a colder climate, Wisconsin/IL border. I always take at least one long trip per year and that accounts for 3 or 4K alone.
Old 07-24-06, 10:03 AM   #44
JB

sweet!
I drive to work and home for lunch and then back again everyday, but I only average about 150 miles a week, plus am too broke for long trips, ask zooker rofl...last week i was cashing in pennies for chopper gas...
property tax time here in ohio
Old 07-28-06, 11:43 PM   #45
Bass_fishing_girl

Send a message via Yahoo to Bass_fishing_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
.. bass fishing is a sport that is about man verus the wild beast..
zooker
Hmm, i never really thought of it that way haha, i guess in my case it should read : bass fishing is a sport that is little girl versus the wild beast...

Haha

Give us this day our daily limit :D
Bass_fishing_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.