Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 11-24-04, 01:41 AM   #1

Default Sonar Tips?

I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips for how to adjust sensitivity, grayline, ect accordinaly for diffrent water clarity/seasons. Thanks!
Old 11-24-04, 03:58 AM   #2
bassmania25
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmania25
Default Re: Sonar Tips?

stephan, what kind of sonar do you have? I have lowrances on my boat and when i first got the boat i went on lowrance website and downloaded the exact model program and you can play with all the functions on the computer without touching you sonar unit. It was a great help to me .......... Good luck Scott R
bassmania25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-04, 12:52 PM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=bassin_socal link=board=MessBoards;num=1101271282;start=0#1 date=11/24/04 at 01:58:35]stephan, what kind of sonar do you have? I have lowrances on my boat and when i first got the boat i went on lowrance website and downloaded the exact model program and you can play with all the functions on the computer without touching you sonar unit. It was a great help to me .......... Good luck Scott R[/quote]

I did the same with Humminbird, so I would look at the individual web site. If you are looking more for someone to tell you to set it very sensitive in winter and less in fall etc..., I would have no idea. I always adjust it by how I'm recieving the bottom, and the compostion. I really use it to find cover, and structure, don't really worry about the fish too much unless I would be in open water, which I rarely fish. Usually I have the fish ID off, so I don't hear it or see it, it just makes me mad to see all the fish, and none biting

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-04, 11:44 PM   #4
bigman15
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigman15

Did your fish finder not come with a users manual. They normally cover those kinda things.
bigman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-04, 11:12 AM   #5
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

trav
they went to the manafacture's site where you can adjust the depth finder to your liking or try other adjust ments that may not work as well as you hoped. also helps when looking for a new depth finder.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.