Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-31-12, 12:52 PM   #76
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
USMC, it does my heart good to hear you say that, and I hope guys like you make up the vast majority of our armed forces.

However, as you mentioned about Katrina, there are still some bad apples in there, who will not simply tell the CO to go to stone cold hell when given an order like that. Those are the people I worry about. Ruby Ridge type stuff.

I really appreciate the advice on the 80% lowers. I may go that route. Any trouble finding ammo? I am finding a LOT of it out of stock.
If they don't they need to do a gut check or GTFO! That is where we can only hope the strong and effective leaders come in to play and remind the young warriors of their oath.

There will always be those who are scared of military law. I was for years (granted I can promise ya I would have never followed an order like that), again, though it is on us as leaders of Marines, Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen to educate them.

The only thing we can hope and pray for is those who we go to jail for because we opposed the unlawful order to gun grab that they in turn (while fighting for their gun rights) fight for us to be released! LOL...

I haven't been specifically looking for ammo, but I do know there is a huge shortage of it everywhere just as there are AR parts. I've seen MAGPUL PMAG's (just one) selling for over 100 bucks on eBay.

The local place (aresarmor.com) that's sells the 80%'ers is taking orders now for delivery in May/June. If you want to go that route I'd get on it soon as I assume it's like that everywhere. Stag Arms had lowers in stock for a while (just as of 2 or 3 days ago), then sold out and are saying up to 12 months to fill all orders
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 02:54 PM   #77
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I was thinking last night, how many would that kid have killed with a shotgun? Realistically? Cause nobody is talking about banning those.

A shotgun has about 8 shots if you take the rod out, right? Plus the 2 handguns, plus he might be able to reload in the shotgun in what, 25 seconds?
Old 12-31-12, 03:18 PM   #78
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I was thinking last night, how many would that kid have killed with a shotgun? Realistically? Cause nobody is talking about banning those.

A shotgun has about 8 shots if you take the rod out, right? Plus the 2 handguns, plus he might be able to reload in the shotgun in what, 25 seconds?
I agree, except for one thing. If they end up banning all semi-automatic guns, semi-automatic shotguns would most likely be included in the ban.
Old 12-31-12, 03:27 PM   #79
USMCbassman

If he would have used a shotgun and depending the shot he was using he could've killed a lot more than what he did.

C-Rig is right a lot of shotguns will be included in this ban. Both those that accept detachable mags and certain semi-autos.

Here's my theory on Frankensteins bill that she has released so far; it's a scare tactic! What do I mean by that? They are shooting for the moon (pun intended) and only hoping to get the stratosphere.

I've got a reel for sale for 200, you offer me 100 and then we split the difference...done deal!

Same thing with her bill. JMO...

On the flip side of that, if her bill passes as is then it's going to lead to total confiscation. First comes registration (already in her current proposal), then another nut job is going to "click off safe", perform another heinous act like what just happened and then she is (providing she's still sucking oxygen then and God forbid it ever happen again) going to propose, "well that didn't work, so now that know where everyone's firearms are due to the registration we can start confiscating them!"

Again, just my theory/thoughts...

A lot of speculation, but hell you can't trust any of these buffoons that we elected!
Old 12-31-12, 03:40 PM   #80
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
I agree, except for one thing. If they end up banning all semi-automatic guns, semi-automatic shotguns would most likely be included in the ban.
It really doesn't matter. The kid could have killed them all with an axe.
Old 12-31-12, 04:03 PM   #81
pro reel

Quote:
This is the problem with gun laws in a nutshell. Anyone that wants to kill will find a way. Any kid with a computer and internet access can get the instructions and find the ingrediants for building lots of simple and easy to use IED's The next nut that doesn't have access to guns will simply blow a bunch of people up. Then what will we ban next? He could have simply taped a firecracker to the outside of a dozen pop bottles half full of gasoline. Light the fuse and toss it in a classroom. 20 to 30 dead kids at a time. It's that simple. Anyone can kill a lot of people in a short time with common items.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 04:39 PM   #82
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Actually ive never looked for the miltary to try to take my guns,they are banned from being used internally since the mingo county war,in w.va.Thus another reason the national guard was formed.Weekend warriors dont share the same code of ethics.
Under fema emergency guidelines a us army soldier wont try to collect a weekend warrior will.
Long list will be shortened most likly just extra or high cap mags,side agenda is to place a tax of 200 on the assault rifle themselves 200 per year,expanding later to include hi cap pistols over ten rds,idea is after paying that for years you give them up on your own.
Thus not illegal to own just many could no longer afford.Expanded eventually even a mosin nagant a military rife would be under it,the cost owning it would be twice the cost of the gun itself.Dont over look caliber restrictions as well as in europe under 9mm you can own not above,380,32 acp etc so ive got one gun a cheapie 45 that wouldnt fit in,wouldnt be out much cost 179 bucks a hipoint fires every time.
That said I dont want you to have to give up your 500-800 dollar ar 15 or hi cap pistol,so lets keep an eye on things.

Last edited by lilmule; 12-31-12 at 06:18 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 05:54 PM   #83
WTL

OK, so say they pass a bill banning semi-automatic shotguns.

You still have pump action, which are about as dangerous when the target is unarmed children, and you have every shotgun that has ever been grandfathered in or unsuccessfully confiscated already out there...

This just isn't a workable solution.

It does nothing but make a few people feel better.
Old 12-31-12, 05:57 PM   #84
nofearengineer

Quote:

It does nothing but make a few people feel better.
Isn't that the primary reason for most legislation?
Old 12-31-12, 06:01 PM   #85
WTL

Quote:
Isn't that the primary reason for most legislation?
No. Most legislation is intended to confer a benefit to a party which could not otherwise obtain it.

Yes, I know I am cynical.
Old 12-31-12, 06:08 PM   #86
nofearengineer

Quote:
No. Most legislation is intended to confer a benefit to a party which could not otherwise obtain it.

Yes, I know I am cynical.
Hell, I guess we left out the missing element of the unholy trinity...which is to satisfy the ego-maniacal need of some to control others.

I think we have it all covered now.

Holy...I just realized why I am so unhappy under the current conditions. I don't like to be controlled (nor need to be), I don't have any problem trying to accomplish things on my own (nor accepting the things I can't achieve), and I don't have a constant need to feel better, Stuart Smalley-style. Explains a lot.
Old 12-31-12, 06:11 PM   #87
WTL

Thats about it.
Old 12-31-12, 09:14 PM   #88
USMCbassman

You left out a very important part about the 200 dollar tax Mule; that tax is already in place and paid to BATFE for NFA firearms. Therefore and by paying that tax you will now possess NFA firearms or what they consider Title II firearms, they will be required to be registered.

Simply put not only do you have to pay an excessive tax, any firearm that falls under that category you have seek PERMISSION from the ATF to travel across state lines with that firearm (and can take upwards to 8 months to get a reply). This is a free country and we're grown @$$ men and women; why should we have to seek permission to transport our guns our guns across state lines?

Also, to dispel another myth; only the Military and LEO only possess assault weapons to this very day with the exception of those who have deep, deep pockets, C&R license or a class 3 stamp (refer to deep pockets). AR's, most firearms with detachable magazines (e.g. not true assault weapons), semi-automatic pistols and shotguns are not assault weapons; that term has been demonized by the media and anti-gun crowd in DC and elsewhere.

As well if anyone has read Frankensteins bill certain firearms that will fall into this category will also be considered non-transferable (intra-family or otherwise) and non-sellable. You must own and possess these weapons until your death or are properly disposed of. Then once you pass the government will take possession of them...boy that seems f'n fair doesn't it! Unless you have it properly destroyed prior to.

FEMA is a scandalous organization too.

Disclaimer: Mule this was not directed towards you.
Old 12-31-12, 09:27 PM   #89
USMCbassman

BTW- Mule if you have a lead on an AR that's running 500-800 bucks please let me know

I'm already 360 (taxes, DROS fee included) into a stripped lower receiver will probably be in the 800 range by the time I have the lower receiver completed (not including the tools needed to complete the build).

My goal is to complete the build for less than 2k not including glass.
Old 01-01-13, 02:42 AM   #90
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
I totally agree. Nothing is going to stop people from doing this kind of thing. The best we can hope for is a few more guns in the right hands, which might make these idiots think twice before walking into a school or mall and lighting the place up. I guess I was just saying that the fact that shotguns have kind of flown under the radar during all of this talk, yet they would also fall under the gun ban proves that this gun ban will cover a lot more firearms than people are realizing.
Old 01-01-13, 02:55 AM   #91
USMCbassman

Here is summary of Frankensteins proposal; it is very vague, but just enough to piss you off if you're sincere about your 2A rights:

Summary of 2013 legislation

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:
  • Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
    • 120 specifically-named firearms;
    • Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
    • Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
  • Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
    • Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
    • Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
    • Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
  • Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
  • Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
    • Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
    • Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
    • Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
  • Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    • Background check of owner and any transferee;
    • Type and serial number of the firearm;
    • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
Where's the FU smiley when you need it! This makes my blood boil and on that note I'll stay out of this thread until we find what big brother is going to impose on us.
Old 01-01-13, 03:09 AM   #92
MississippiBoy

Here it is......
Old 01-01-13, 03:12 AM   #93
Jrob78

Freaking ridiculous. How someone could actually believe any of that would make us safer is beyond me.

The anti's have been salivating since the shooting, I don't mean to say that they weren't as crushed as the rest of the nation but that was the opportunity they've been waiting for since 2004, when the old ban expired.
Old 01-01-13, 12:27 PM   #94
USMCbassman

Okay, so I lied on the statement of staying out of here until we knew what was going to happen, this will be short and sweet though:

MSBoy- Thanks for the smiley!

Jrob- I share the same thoughts.

And lastly I failed to post my source (I hope the board doesn't crash when I post this link in):

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons
Old 01-01-13, 12:45 PM   #95
lilmule

Uh

New frontier lower dpms upper,2 30 rd mags ,100 rds of ammo all under 700,tax and ffl fees included
Tn is a great place to live
Makes a superb coyote gun red dot scope extra but got it in a trade,not mine my buddies gun.
I sold him the scope for 50,nib.
Being semi auto not full auto no current yearly tax on it,can be shipped to an ffl dealer near you for under 700 minus the ammo.
Havnt a clue as to your own states laws.

Last edited by lilmule; 01-01-13 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-01-13, 12:53 PM   #96
WTL

Those thumbhole stocks are very dangerous...
Old 01-01-13, 01:00 PM   #97
lilmule

Basically its a put together parts gun can have any stock you want,etc.Same price range.
Old 01-01-13, 04:36 PM   #98
bamabassman

i ain't said too much on here, but if they outlaw semi automatic guns period...this will also include double barrells. think about it. then the will outlaw bolt actions, then we will all be back to muzzle loaders. but someone TRAINED to shoot one of those can fire 3 shots in less than 3 minutes.

i will try to vote out ANYONE who wants to limit my RIGHT to buy ANY type of firearm...PERIOD. the ONLY way they will get my guns is from my cold, DEAD hands.

nuff said....
Old 01-01-13, 04:48 PM   #99
carolina-rig-01

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	guns.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	8444  
Old 01-01-13, 05:39 PM   #100
bassboogieman

Quote:
lead on an AR that's running 500-800 bucks please let me know.
Just slightly higher, the Sig Saur was on sale at Cabela's before Christmas for $859 it's still on sale but price went up to $899 for the 5.56. The .308 is much more expensive.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/SIG-S...h-All+Products

The freakin' price went up today to $949, dam politicians creating such a demand for them, that the price will likely continue rising. No biggie though, because there were none in stock when I was there the week prior to Christmas. Be back there Saturday looking for one.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.