Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-05, 09:47 PM   #26
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman
Default Re: world record bass....artificial?

If anybody here believes Paul Duclos' story, well I have some wonderful, pristine swampland in Central Florida that I'm trying to sell for tax reasons...oh...by the way somebody caught and released a 27 pound bass on this swampland last year. They didn't know what the record was either.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 10:03 PM   #27
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

WOW! Man I would love to find that place! ;D 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-05, 03:23 AM   #28
RebelBasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to RebelBasser

While I was at the Bass Pro Shops in Nashville this past weekend I had the opportunity to talk to a few tackle reps about this very subject. I asked each one the same question. What would a new world record be worth for an angler. While their numbers varied slightly here is their views:

A new Smallmouth record would make you an instant millionaire.

A new Largemouth record could be worth 2-3 times that amount with the right marketing!!

One guy put it like this. You would become the new poster boy for whatever lure, rod, reel, boat , motor, trolling motor, electronics, shoes, sunglasses, etc., etc, etc....you get the picture. Anything that related to you and that fish on that paticular day would be used in their ads.

It would be a life changing experience. Â*
RebelBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-05, 01:28 PM   #29
FatBass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FatBass

In my opinion the Duclos weight was B/S. This guy is famous for catching large fish in CA. There is no doubt that anyone serious about catching a record would have the proper way to certify it, not a bathroom scale. If I'm going to take the time to use a bathroom scale, bet your *** I'll go to the Fish and Game people for correct certification especially for a million dollar+ fish. I don't keep fish but that one will come home with me!

I'm not knocking this guy, he is a big bass hunter among the likes of Bob Crupi, Bill Murphy etc. You can see some of what he's done on worldrecordbass.com
FatBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-05, 03:14 PM   #30
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gallenl

Just go to trophybassonly.com and you can see pics of alot of bass over 20 lbs............

flippin4it
gallenl is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.